Maliba Mountain Lodge is set in one of the most spectacular settings I have seen to date. Surrounded by peaks of up to 3000 meters high, the play of light and shadow on the mountains changed by the minute and could really capture the imagination. There is almost no place at the lodge where you do not have a stunning view. We stayed in the honeymoon suite, which was extremely comfortable and spacious. Well kitted out with minibar, hairdryer, fireplace, cozy nooks for reading or cuddling up, a king size bed, flat screen TV, DSTV and DVD player, as well as a large en suite bathroom with massive shower and jacuzzi bath. The suite also has its own private veranda and raised deck, and we had breakfast served to us on the veranda on the first morning.
All other meals were taken on the lodge's veranda or in their intimate dining room area, and the food was great at all times. While unpretentious (thank heavens), the food was tasty, plentiful and tastefully presented. The wine list is extensive and priced fairly reasonably. The service we received from Daniel, the ever-willing maitre d' was great, but the waitresses sometimes had to be reminded of a request, or (seemingly) had trouble understanding English requests. Even so, they were always friendly and tried to help.
I had a wonderful weekend, and really think it's worth the long drive from anywhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests can relax in one of six spacious luxury chalets, enjoy scenic mountain landscapes from their own private balconies and enjoy the pampering attention of our friendly staff. The main lodge features a gourmet restaurant & bistro, two bars with quiet, discreet areas to relax in, with views of the surrounding mountains. Guests have a unique opportunity to explore the beauty of the landscape on horseback, go hiking along the various mountain trails, enjoy a visit to the cultural village or indulge in a massage on their private deck. Maliba Lodge also offers a kids club to keep your little ones entertained. Rates are room only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Maliba Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maliba Mountain Hotel Tsehlanyane National Park
- Maliba Mountain Lodge Lesotho/Tsehlanyane National Park