We try to visit the mountains every second year at least. This has been by far the best experience! My son has VERY special menu requirements so communications with the lodge beforehand was essential. I was contacted by the resort within a couple of hours of my request and since then our communication was almost instant. Nothing was too much trouble and any anxiety that normally would go with a holiday that is not self-catering was completely erased!
From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were treated like we were special. My kids absolutely loved the kids club. We have a girl of 8 and a boy of 12. It takes some doing keeping both happy and interested. Well they were absolutely in heaven after each session.
My husband and son did some hiking and my daughter and I went on a guided horse trip just around the lodge as she was still a bit small to go on uneven ground up and down hills and mountains. But even throughout this trip we felt special. Whenever we were away from the lodge for a meal we had the nicest packed lunches in cooler bags of back packs, depending on our outing.
The food was absolutely phenomenal. And it was the cleanest lodge/hotel we have ever stayed in, and we travel alot locally and internationally.
The staff was incredible, really, nothing was too much trouble, and they even made my husband and I a special dinner one night for his birthday. We will most certainly go back....soon! The lodge absolutely deserves 5 stars!!
The location is perfect with the most stunning mountain views!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests can relax in one of six spacious luxury chalets, enjoy scenic mountain landscapes from their own private balconies and enjoy the pampering attention of our friendly staff. The main lodge features a gourmet restaurant & bistro, two bars with quiet, discreet areas to relax in, with views of the surrounding mountains. Guests have a unique opportunity to explore the beauty of the landscape on horseback, go hiking along the various mountain trails, enjoy a visit to the cultural village or indulge in a massage on their private deck. Maliba Lodge also offers a kids club to keep your little ones entertained. Rates are room only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Maliba Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maliba Mountain Hotel Tsehlanyane National Park
- Maliba Mountain Lodge Lesotho/Tsehlanyane National Park