After the georgeous pics on the maliba lodge website we were in shock when we got to the so called "5 star" establishment. At no point in the reservation process we were told that the place is actually under construction, with permanent noise, vans going up and down the mountain, beams falling off the roof so we could no let our children run around whilst the workers were there during the day.
The whole atmosphere was very provisional, we couldn´t really make out who was actually in charge. The service was not very uniform - I had the impression most of the personnel lacked a bit of guidance (making sure the breakfast buffet was filled up, guests were offered tea/ coffee - the first day we waited for 15 min until we found out that apart from the buffet there were more breakfast options one could order from a menue), more information material on activities one could do and a transparent price policy in activities and extra orders. The staff was very friendly though, but apparently overwhelmed by the extraordinary work circumstances and little assistance by the management.
We truely appreciate that you do not close down the place while the construction is carried out in order to maintain your staff - constructions normally take a long time here in Africa - but PLEASE advise your guests beforehand and grant redutions in these extraordinary times. The lodge as it is now does not live up to 5 star standards and will not do so for quite a long time. We paid 5 star prices for a place you advertise as a mountain retreat in peaceful nature, but we couldn´t even have our breakfast outside enjoying the view. Instead we had to look at half finished, provisional false walls and ceilings, TV screen, an iluminated fridge, listen to the noise coming from the half open kitchen and watch the handymen in front of the window.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the North of Lesotho's breathtaking Maluti / Drakensburg Mountains, the 5 Star Maliba Mountain Lodge offers a luxurious tranquil retreat set in a pristine national park. Guests can relax in one of the 6 spacious Basotho-style suites, enjoy scenic mountain vistas from private balconies and enjoy the pampering service of the friendly staff. The main lodge features a Gourmet restaurant and bar with quiet discreet areas to relax in front of the fire places and discuss the day’s events. Guests have a unique opportunity to explore the beauty of the landscape from horseback, hiking along the various mountain trails, visiting the cultural village or enjoying a massage from your private deck. Join us for an unforgettable adventure and experience the “Kingdom in the sky”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Maliba Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maliba Mountain Hotel Tsehlanyane National Park
- Maliba Mountain Lodge Lesotho/Tsehlanyane National Park