This is an absolute gem of a place. The setting is amazing, in a bowl near a river and surrounded by 2500m green hills. The rooms are individual rondavels (chalets) with simply enormous - and very comfortable - beds, large bathrooms with proportionally large shower and separate bath (the latter with a view over said hills) and a verandah that leads down to your own little deck in the bushes. As the whole front of the room can open up, I confess I was bird spotting from the bed - to the amusement of my partner! As it is such a small hotel, service is very personal (thank you Andrew, Alice and everyone else) and the food is very well done. We did a wonderful and quite tough 13km circuit from the lodge which no guest had taken in the 2 months since the new manager joined but was still very well marked out. On our third morning we paid a visit to a local school - this is not something for which the hotel or the guide makes a charge, which I thought was sensitive/sensible in terms of not turning a village visit into a commercial operation from which someone ELSE profits, but we did choose to make a donation to the very nice headmistress as the school was sadly short of even the most basic facilities. We stayed in some amazing places in Lesotho but this was the best lodge by international standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the North of Lesotho's breathtaking Maluti / Drakensburg Mountains, the 5 Star Maliba Mountain Lodge offers a luxurious tranquil retreat set in a pristine national park. Guests can relax in one of the 6 spacious Basotho-style suites, enjoy scenic mountain vistas from private balconies and enjoy the pampering service of the friendly staff. The main lodge features a Gourmet restaurant and bar with quiet discreet areas to relax in front of the fire places and discuss the day’s events. Guests have a unique opportunity to explore the beauty of the landscape from horseback, hiking along the various mountain trails, visiting the cultural village or enjoying a massage from your private deck. Join us for an unforgettable adventure and experience the “Kingdom in the sky”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Maliba Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maliba Mountain Hotel Tsehlanyane National Park
- Maliba Mountain Lodge Lesotho/Tsehlanyane National Park