Myself and my husband stayed at the Maliba Mountain Lodge for 2 nights in September in their Honeymoon Suite. The lodge offers a real break-away for anyone who want to escape to the amazing Lesotho mountain scenery. The lodge only has a limited amount of accommodation, which ensures that you will always feel secluded and never over-crowded. The honeymoon suite is very romantic and is located higher than the other chalets and offers a breathtaking view of the mountains. The chalets are extremely spacious - as you would expect from a 5 star lodge and has all the 5 star extras we expected and more. Even the bathroom rails can be heated so you do not have to use a cold towel. There is also under-floor heating and the big oval jet-bath offers amazing views over the mountain. You can order your meals to your room should you wish, or dine in their luxury restaurant. The food was totally one of our highlights. It was amazing in value and variety. We surely miss the great food a lot! While it should be noted that the lodge is very secluded, there are still a few activities you can do for the more active traveller. We did a hike to the black pool and thoroughly enjoyed it! The only thing I would caution future travellers to Maliba Mountain Lodge, is to make sure your car's license disk is still valid as there are a lot of police checking this in the small towns and you will be fined and forced to go to court to pay the fine if this has expired - even if your disk is still valid in SA a few days after expiry date! But other than that Lesotho is amazing and everything at Maliba Mountain Lodge was 5 star value - from the accommodation, the food, the views, service levels, staff was very helpful and just the total experience in general was everything we had hoped for and more! We would highly recommend this lodge for a romantic secluded mountain break! They also have regular great value specials! We just loved everything! We cannot wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the North of Lesotho's breathtaking Maluti / Drakensburg Mountains, the 5 Star Maliba Mountain Lodge offers a luxurious tranquil retreat set in a pristine national park. Guests can relax in one of the 6 spacious Basotho-style suites, enjoy scenic mountain vistas from private balconies and enjoy the pampering service of the friendly staff. The main lodge features a Gourmet restaurant and bar with quiet discreet areas to relax in front of the fire places and discuss the day’s events. Guests have a unique opportunity to explore the beauty of the landscape from horseback, hiking along the various mountain trails, visiting the cultural village or enjoying a massage from your private deck. Join us for an unforgettable adventure and experience the “Kingdom in the sky”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Maliba Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maliba Mountain Hotel Tsehlanyane National Park
- Maliba Mountain Lodge Lesotho/Tsehlanyane National Park