“Great family adventure :)”

Wolfe Island Corn Maze
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great family adventure :)”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We took our 6 & 8 year old for an afternoon excursion there. The maze was very well thought out, and they even had drinks at the half way point to purchase on your honor when you returned to the barn. Rubber boots were readily available to borrow, since it had rained the day before. We took some wrong turns but got help from some workers in the maze to put us on the right path. Very pleasant staff :). I'd take a bigger group next time for sure!

Visited October 2013
3 Thank BGault1976

London, Canada
“Wolfe Island corn maze is great, relaxing fun!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had the pleasure of biking out to the corn maze on Wolfe Island today. It's in a beautiful setting, rows and rows of tall corn amidst fields and windmills, at a farmhouse right off the main highway, not too far for a short drive, bike, or walk from Marysville by the free ferry from Kingston.

I went through the maze solo so was provided with a walkie-talkie in case I got thoroughly lost, and the woman who helped me out was lovely. I met the donkeys, sheep, and farm cats, who were all happy to be petted. The maze itself was fantastic, lots of twists and turns with wooden ducks to guide you on your way. At many dead ends there were jokes or inspirational sayings posted. I found myself hoping to go the wrong way just to enjoy their sense of humour.

I did the long course, which took me about an hour -- a fairly fast time as I was solo. Families with young kids will want to plan for longer. There's also a short course for folks with less time. There are lots of benches or hay bales to rest on throughout if you want a leisurely stroll, and a lovely rest stop a little over halfway.

Since I was solo it was a wonderful way to rest up in the middle of a long bike ride. Thoroughly enjoyable, I will be back.

Visited October 2013
Kingston, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Birthday Party Venue”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We took my 13 year old son, and 5 of his buddies to the Corn Maze for his birthday party. From the moment our host, "Garth" welcomed us, the adventure began. The Maze is carefully thought out, and so much fun! The adults were the last to emerge, and "Garth" had all the boys engaged in corn chucking and toss games. The boys were having a blast. The BBQ afterward and roasted marshmallows on the huge bonfire was perfect. As we left, hostess, "MaryAnne" presented my son, Robert, with a giant fresh baked chocolate chip cookie for all to enjoy! It just doesn't get any better than this. The Corn Maze has my vote for the best birthday party venue out there....fresh air, exercise, fun and games....and not one of the boys missed having their cell phones! Debra and Paul, Kingston, Ontario

Visited September 2013
Kingston, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

A small group of 30 somethings and our dad completed the long course just after labour day while discovering Wolfe Island and had a blast! You can tell a lot of thought and time has gone into the creation and maintenance of the maze- it is well worth the admission price. I can't believe I have lived in Kingston for so long and never been.

Before going, we were thinking the maze was going to be geared more towards kids, but we found it rather perfect for adults. Each of the dead ends on the course have some sort of a joke/ riddle/ questions and those were quite entertaining, so it wasn't necessarily a bad thing if you hit a dead end. We broke into two groups and used the walkie talkies to be a little silly (who doesn't like an excuse to use their walkie talkie lingo?), and also help each other when we split up to check out different trails.

Would suggest anyone going to wear close toed shoes as those with flip flops had to keep stopping and taking the hay out :) also, plan on spending somewhere between 1-1.5 hours to complete.

Visited September 2013
“Corn Maze”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We navigated the corn maze in the afternoon with our two grandchildren, aged nine and six. We all had fun and even the shorter of the two routes in the maze was more challenging than we had expected. The children loved checking for dead ends and returning to us at the path divisions and there was never any concern about getting truly lost because we were provided with a walkie talkie. A suggestion if there has been recent rainfall is to wear boots or easily cleaned shoes because the pathways were muddy when we visited. All in all a fun activity for families but maybe not as suitable for the very young (younger than five or six).

Visited August 2013