“Best view in Lindarets”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Have been a regular at this restaurant since it opened. Best cuisine in the area and stunning views. Corsican owner David and his hyperactive new partner Helen always very welcoming. Food superb. Try the Corsican dishes and wine if you are tired of Savoyard fare, although that is available too. Best to go when it's not heaving with people as then they have trouble coping and you will need to be patient. We go summer and winter

There are newer reviews for La Terrasse Des Lindarets

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Have visited this restaurant many times over the years and would never visit the Ports du Soleil area without a visit to what has become one of our favourite restaurants. The location is just stunning with incredible views in both equally beautiful in summer and winter which can be enjoyed from the large terrace. We always receive an exceptionally warm welcome from the restaurant owner David and his team of staff who welcome us back like old friends. The menu is a mix of both classic French mountain dishes and some Corsican inspired dishes. This time I chose the Magret de Canard au Miel Corse (Duck fillet with Corsican honey sauce) which was absolutely delicious which I enjoyed with a couple of glasses of Sancerre! I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant. My visit to this beautiful part of the world would not be complete with out a trip to the goat village and to experience the hospitality, ambience and delicious food at La Terrasse.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

During a recent holiday in the French Alps I visited Les Lindarets (the goat village) which was wonderful and decided to have a meal at La Terrasse restaurant. It is unique in style as whilst having an alpine feel it has a strong Corsican influence , they have an indoor area but the terrace outside is amazing and the food is extremely good. I found the whole experience and ambience of the place so inviting and the service was very good and the owner who is Corsican is always too hand and clearly knows how to please, not only with the standard of food but his friendliness and attention to his customers . I would strongly recommend a visit a true delight.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is one of our favourite restaurants in the ports du soleil ski area, but if anything we prefer it in the less busy, but equally as stunning, summer months. The location of the restaurant is perfect - with amazing, panoramic views, and as the restaurant name would suggest, there is a wonderful large terrace with stylish yet comfortable furniture for either dining or relaxing in a sun lounger. The food is locally inspired (although there are also Corsican elements to the menu, a nod to the owner's provenance) and plentiful, with a great selection on offer, and service is friendly and efficient. Despite the incredible location and lovely food, the stand-out aspect of this restaurant is the greeting, warmth and charm from David the owner. He takes time to greet you and ensure that you have a wonderful meal at his restaurant; and with this you feel valued.

A great place to eat or to soak up the sun, amid captivating views and charming staff.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Although we have dined out at many fine restaurants all over the world this is the first time I have felt compelled to submit a review as I would not wish our frankly appalling experience on any other diners. We have in the past enjoyed some excellent meals here when skiing in the Portes du Soleil but now feel that because if it's prime location it has now become complacent and is resting on its laurels. We had made a journey from Chatel with my aged mother and although David greeted us warmly, assisting my disabled mother in to the restaurant, once he had secured our custom we did not see him again until the end of the meal as he focused all of his attention on another couple of diners. The menu was uninspiring and the waitress surly and slow. We ordered wine and beers in addition to a carafe of water. We had to ask twice for the water and the waitress appeared to think it a huge inconvenience when we asked for water glasses in addition. She confused our order with one starter appearing 15 minutes after the first. My mother had ordered the steak from the set menu which she gamely attempted to eat but it was clear that it was a struggle to chew let alone digest. My husband and I tried a mouthful but it was frankly inediblle which we pointed out to the waitress, who to be fare did offer us another choice, but by this point my mother was feeling quite ill. We were therefore somewhat surprised to find that we had been charged for this on the bill. When my husband said that he did not want to pay for this David finally made and appearance. Far from being apologetic he became quite angry which was not the reaction one would expect from the proprieter of a good restaurant. My chicken "Morzinoise" was very ordinary with only a limp piece of lettuce as an accompaniment. My husbands mushroom pasta was again very ordinary. We have tried many of the other excellent restaurants in the Goat Village but had thought by paying the extra for la Terasse we would have a better expereince. We will not be eating here again and would not recommend anybody else to do so.

5  Thank Sammcn