“Fabulicious!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montriond
Chalet Amuse Bouche
West Malling, United Kingdom
“Fabulicious!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Firstly apologies to Steve and Linsdey for not writing my review earlier. My stay at Amuse Bouche in March of this year was all the previous reviews had led me to believe. On arrival we were warmly greated and shown around the chalet which has great views from all aspects. Steve and Lindsey have left nothing to chance. From a choice of pillows, an english socket, bathrobes and slippers in the bedrooms to a beautifully appointed dining and lounge area for guests not forgeting the games room with tv and games consoles, indoor sauna and outside hot tub! Most welcome after a days skiing. The cleanliness of the whole chalet including the kitchen area (which is on view to guests) is first class. I was returning to skiing after some time and found the choice of skiiing in the surrounding areas very extensive with a variety of runs to suit all levels. The location of the chalet is very well suited to serve Morzine itself, Les Gets and Avoriaz. Steve is most charming and will arrange transport in the morning to whichever lift one wishes to start from and then pickup again in the afternoon at the same place or from wherever one might be heading. In the morning my skis were ready in the van to take off to the slopes and each evening returned to the store for me. I felt like a real lady! On to the food - Lindsey's cakes in the afternoon and amuse bouche in the evening before dinner were scrumptious! The breakfast took me through the day and the evening meals were on par with dining in a first class restaurant. Whilst we were on this occassion visiting for a ski holiday we did use the swimming pool facilities in Morzine which were very good and in the summer would also have the benefit of an outside pool and tennis courts. There are lovely walks through the countryside with picnic facilities and lots of opportunities for uphill cycling! I can only say if you book at this chalet I am sure you will not be disappointed with the standard of accommodation, culinary expertise, skiing facilities and your hosts Steve and Lindsey. Many thanks to both of them for a fabulous and delicious holiday which has left me wanting more.

1 Thank Allicat56
chaletamusebouche, Owner at Chalet Amuse Bouche, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive ski holiday experience at Chalet Amuse Bouche, we appreciate your comments as it makes all our hard work worth it.

Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Steve and Lindsay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
West Malling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Where do I Start. All of the food that was served can only be described as "Cordon Bleu", which is the exact opposite to my wife's culinary offerings at home which should in fact, in the main, be "Cordoned Off".

In the early morning being driven to, and in the evening being picked up from, any lift (or bar) in the resort or wider area gives a whole new meaning to "doorstep skiing" and makes this fully catered chalet the perfect location.

There were problems, that I can only blame on myself. I broke a ski pole (on the chair lift), managed to shed a ski (on the chair lift) and at a rare bird demonstration outside a mountain cafe, I managed to collect a pile of bird droppings on my ski jacket. Ho hum.. silly old me.

Being able to use the provided walkie talkies on the slopes is a truly great idea, although my tip is "take more than one walkie talkie". Em.....

If my wife kept our home as clean as this chalet she would have a severe case of "OCD".

The pool room was fantastic, spots or stripes?

The hot tub was a God send after a long day's ski.

I plan to revamp 2 bathrooms at home to include "rainfall shower heads" and be a lasting reminder of my fantastic holiday experience.

I, with my wife, spent the week with 4 other couples that I had never met before. Great banter was had between all of us and we all had some great ski stories. They were all great company.

In the local area there are great sports facilities which include but are not limited to tennis, swimming (4 pools including an outdoor pool) which are all at different temperatures.

I am 100% certain that my next snow skiing holiday will be back at this most wonderful venue.

Thank you very much Steve and Lindsay for the outstanding time I shared with you at your chalet.

Hope to see you soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
chaletamusebouche, Owner at Chalet Amuse Bouche, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thanks for sharing your positive experience at Chalet Amuse Bouche with your kind review.

Hope to see you again in the future.

Steve and Linds
Kent
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We are a family of five who have just returned from a wonderful ski holiday staying at the chalet amuse bouche. We travelled with friends and all experienced a fantastic holiday. The chalet is absolutely perfect and every detail has been considered. Our teenage children hadn’t been skiing before so we were concerned as to whether they would enjoy the whole experience. We needn’t have worried. They were entertained for part of the day on the slopes and then the rest of the day in the chalet. They loved the hot tub, games room, games console and board games. Much fun was had with and without them. It was the perfect mix of family holiday whilst allowing them time to amuse themselves and give them a sense of independence. The chalet is large enough that it never felt crowded and Steve and Lindsay have mastered the art of being available when needed and disappearing when not.
One detail that particularly impressed me was the English and French sockets in the bedrooms. Another was the strong WIFI signal throughout the chalet. Another was the loan of six walkie-talkies (which proved invaluable when our group all split on the slopes). Another was the bath robes, slippers and additional towels for the hot tub. Another was the availability of very entertaining board games (and our hosts being able to explain the rules so that there was no need to read them).
The whole chalet is extremely comfortable. The beds are wonderful after a tiring day and the showers function very well (something that I value). The sofas are equally comfortable and a few of our party drifted off to sleep on these unexpectedly. The décor is tasteful and the views from the balconies are stunning. The hot tub and sauna are a blessing for tired legs after a tiring day on the slopes.
Now for the food!! What an excellent dining experience. I loved the delicious pre-dinner nibbles and drinks. It set the mood and prepared us all for what was to follow. Steve and Lindsay accommodated all of our tastes and requirements and produced a restaurant standard three course meal every night. We didn’t have room for the cheese course even though it was offered. It was lovingly prepared and we were continually asking how certain things had been cooked and even came home with a cake recipe. Everyone made the most of the breakfast and we coined the phrase “ask Steve.com” as this was when we would get our update on day’s weather and organise the times of our minibus runs to and from the lift with Steve. On our return to the chalet after skiing, we were greeted by Lindsay’s lovely cakes and pastries. She even made hot cross buns on our last day in keeping with the time of year. My children ate everything and that never normally happens!!

We are planning a summer visit as there seems to be so much to do in the summer for active teenagers and parents who want to relax and once again Steve and Lindsay were full of useful information about the area to allow us to start planning our next visit already.
What a perfect way to experience our first family ski holiday. Thank you to Steve and Lindsay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank loveholidays61
Thanks for the lovely review, we are so glad you all had a great time at Chalet Amuse Bouche.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the future.

Steve and Linds
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Perfection!

Just returned from a week at Amuse Bouche, where do I start….

The chalet is incredible, everything has been thought through to the last detail. A 1000’s words could not express how good this Chalet is. Food and wine excellent! hot tub excellent! Minibus to and from the slopes excellent! To name but a few things that are excellent!!

I am sure there are other Chalet’s in the Alps which look the same with the same facilities, but what makes this Chalet so special is Steve and Lindsay. I have travelled around the world many times but I have never felt so welcome or relaxed, we really cannot wait to stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joy_of_Joyes
chaletamusebouche, Owner at Chalet Amuse Bouche, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thanks for the great feedback and we are very pleased Chalet Amuse Bouche was a good experience for your ski trip.

See you next year.

Cheers Steve
Leeds
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We returned to Amuse Bouche, this time for a 3 night catered ski trip. Again everything was perfect! Additions since our last visit include the sauna, games and TV rooms finished to the highest standard. This time we had the opportunity to use the hot tub with it's stunning view and more importantly the fabulous food. Nothing was too much trouble for either Steve or Lindsay in ensuring all their guests had everything they wanted and more. We'd love nothing more than to keep this as our little secret but that wouldn't be fair on Steve & Lindsay and all their hard work, just let us re-book first!

1 Thank SueLouRob
chaletamusebouche, Owner at Chalet Amuse Bouche, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thanks for the lovely review and your repeat custom, we are very happy that your winter experience was as good as your summer one.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bristol
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week at Amuse Bouche and what can we say other than magnifique!!

From the moment you step into the chalet you recognise that you have found something very special.

Not only is the chalet itself beautiful, brand new and spotless with everything you could possibly want, wonderful bedrooms with luxury ensuite, rain shower and super comfy beds underfloor heating but hot tub, sauna, games room, TV room and a wonderful view from the terrace. The attention to detail and finish is just perfect.

Yet is not all of this that makes it so special, it's the pride and effort both Steve and Lindsey make in ensuring you have a great stay. It really is a pleasure to have stayed with them and by the end of the week they make you feel like you have known them for years. Never before have I experienced such hospitality and a warm welcome at a chalet or hotel.

Everything else you read on here is true, the food Steve cooks is like dining at a top notch restaurant every night and Lindsey's cakes started out as amazing & just got better and better as the week went on.

With out doubt we will be returning next year and looking forward to it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ellsbellsBristol
Thanks for the glowing review, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back next year.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

If you like superb food, beautifully designed and spotlessly clean accommodation and a friendly atmostphere then this is the place for you. Steve was ready and waiting for us at the bottom of the mountain after a long days skiing, he dealt with all of the equipment which left us to go into the chalet and eat Lindsay's scrumptious cakes. This was without doubt the best skiing holiday we have ever been on and we will definitely return again next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
chaletamusebouche, Owner at Chalet Amuse Bouche, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thanks for the excellent feedback and we look forward to you returning next season.