“lamb pudding to warm your heart”
Review of The Lamb Inn

The Lamb Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2013

again we were visiting our past , it had been over 30 years since we had been to the lamb . It was lunch time and a rainy November Monday , so there were not many customers about . but this old Cotswold inn had not changed too much , the bar had opened up a bit and the dining room at the back was larger. as we only wanted lunch and there were not many people about we settled in the corner of the bar . the staff were friendly and chatty. My eyes went straight to the lamb suet pudding on the menu as I needed warming up and my husband went for my second favorite the pork belly . we made one error here we did not check the vegetables that came with the dishes , no chips ! but we needn't have worried the lamb pudding which was huge came with ,carrots ,parsnips and a large amount of kayle and the pork with sauteed potatoes and special onions . as my pudding was so huge we went halves and my husband enjoyed my kayle as well , but after hearing other diners raving about the chips we did miss them a little bit , but at the end of the meal our plate were empty and we were stuffed . and our revisit to the lamb was voted a success .

1  Thank barbarab215

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The food at the lamb is always of a very high standard The portion was huge - infact it would have done both of us so think carefully about starters & desserts- only downside was how hot the restaurant was Although the wood burner is a lovely sight being near it was a bit too much

Reviewed 15 October 2013

An excellent place for a short break. Comfortable rooms, great food, friendly staff, good beer. What more can you say!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

When I called for clarification on directions to the B&B - I was asked if we planned to dine at the Lamb that evening. We hadn't decided (or even thought about it) and I said as much, I was told "I think the Chef has something in mind for you ladies." So, of course we said "yes!"

We were very happy that we did. Chef James makes incredible food.

Chef James got on the case and put together two superb meals for us for both nights -- a delicious gazpacho preceded excellent gnocchi with peas and wild mushrooms on our arrival; a really great salad with beets and a delicious risotto for our second night.

Chef James was friendly and informative - I enjoyed talking food with him. His philosophy is to source local seasonal ingredients as much as possible - and to prepare good food simply, nutritiously and deliciously so that the flavors come through, instead of drowning things in complicated preparations.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Wanting to escape the over crowded Bourton on the Water for Sunday lunch I just drove away and spotted a roadside sign to The Lamb.

On entering the restaurant I was delighted to find an air of peace in the beamed restaurant decorated with farm and other implements.

I was quite surprised that there were not many customers dining there although people started to come in shortly after I was shown to a comfortable seat near the window.

I was told by the helpfu and friendly waitress that as it was a warm and sunny day many people chose to eat outside in the beer garden.

I can imagine the restaurant to be quite full in the evenings and with the candles on the tables could be quite romantic.

I chose a ploughman's lunch which consisted of a generous helping of ham,, salad,, cheese and pickle,celery,pate, butter and two thick slices of bread. It made for a very tasty and satisfactory lunch

Altogether a very pleasant and peaceful lunch in a nice country pub set in the lovely Cotswold countryside

Certainly well worth a visit if you are in the area and especially if you want to get away from the crowds of Bourton on the water just a few miles away.