“Great Bank holiday find.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lamb Inn

The Lamb Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great Bank holiday find.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Searching for somewhere to eat on Bank holiday sunday.We came across this great restaurant in the country pub. The staff found us a table quickly. Served us drinks. Gave us menus & specials board. The food came in goodtime. But not so quick that you would think it came out of the micro-wave. All 4 meals where very good. Hot & plenty of it. It was busy. And i can see why. Would recommend it very highly. Thanks.

• Visited August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Restaurant Review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Firstly, I must say that the accommodation, staff and location are fantastic, but this is a review of the restaurant.
A group of four of us had dinner here a week ago. Two of us had scallop starters. Both of us commented that these were a bit rubbery, I guess over cooked?
Three mains were steak. Mine, medium rare, was quiet good. My friends rare meat tasted of nothing really. In fact, the texture was more like tuna than meat....all quite strange.
The puddings where that memorable, that I cant recall what they were....
I can only judge by previous experiences. I realise that two rosettes is not equivalent to a Michelin star, so I racked my brain to think of a two rosette restaurant I have been to recently. I came up with the Greenway in Cheltenham.
Maybe I was expecting too much but I didn't think it was two rosette standard, compared to them!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank tigermike321
Callao, Virginia
“Better than average pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Lamb in Great Rissington offers good value with great food, service and ambience. I can recommend the braised lamb with asparagus, broad beans, salsa verde and sautéed potatoes. It was delicious. My only complaint is that there were not enough broad beans. The Chocolate Nemesis was marvelously decadent.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Maggie L
Hampshire
“Excellent Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were staying in nearby Bourton on the Water and decided to book Sunday lunch at the Lamb and walk there. Lovely walk through fields to get to the pretty village of Great Rissington and a reasonable choice of beers at this pub. We opted for the roast which was excellent, with nice fresh cooked veg (not just the usual carrots and peas) and first class crispy roast spuds. Our friends had starters which, though small, were beautifully presented and imaginative, and our puds were homemade and of a high standard. Service was friendly and efficient. We were very pleased to have chosen this pub and had a very pleasant return walk via a different route to help walk off the excess. Recommended.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Happy_walkers5
Mnachester
“Good food in cosy surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had just one night stop over in The Lamb Inn, very convenient for visiting Cotswold villages. The room was wonderful [we had the Burford suite] with a huge comfy bed. We ate in the pub restaurant but chose the bar menu which was excellent .The pub was hosting darts nite so the little bar was rather too busy to eat in comfort. Breakfast was really good too couldnt fault the service or food. The staff are very nice and friendly and we really enjoyed our belated anniversary stay.

• Visited March 2014