“Welcoming & wonderful”
Review of The Lamb Inn

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the lamb inn on my own & the staff were very friendly. I dined in the bar amongst everyone watching the rugby. The food was out of this world. The room (Cheltenham suite) was great I was able to connect to the wifi the bed was really comfortable & the room large & airy. Tea/coffee/bottled water & biscuits were provided. I had a full English breakfast which was really good. There was a good selection of juice/cereal & fruit also. It's only a stones throw away from Bourton on the water so ideal location. It has been a long time since I have stayed away on my own but I enjoyed my time away & am already planning my next visit to the lamb inn. The inn is a lovely building in & out, the rooms & food are excellent but what really makes the place is the people that work there.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
TheLambInn_2014, Owner at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Dawn
Thank you for your kind words and that you found us to be welcoming and wonderful! I'm delighted you found all areas to be of the highest quality from the room, wifi, breakfast, food, staff and location. Just what I love to read in a review
I look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

There are newer reviews for The Lamb Inn

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

A group of friends and I visited the lamb inn during a long weekend break in great rissington. The service was fantastic and the bar staff were incredibly accommodating. We were a large group of 8 and they managed to find a spot for us so we could watch the 6 nations, and took our orders and served us at the table - all with a smile. Some of us had food which was great too. Thanks for putting up with us for many hours whilst we sampled your ciders!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
TheLambInndotcom, Owner at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Steph
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I'm delighted you experienced fantastic service and incredibly accommodating bar staff. The Addlestones cloudy cider was certainly a favorite during the rugby! We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to The Lamb sometime soon

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here for a 1-night couple get away.

Our suite (Jemima) was spacious and really homely; massive bed and nestled down in the inns garden.

Food was really well prepared, breakfast was of really high quality (a tasty start to the day!).

The staff were extremely attentive, friendly and professional; couldn't ask for more.

Amazing location for walks, and beautiful countryside.

Definitely recommend.

M&F (26 years old).

Room Tip: Garden suites are worth the extra if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and "perfect getaway in a perfect location" is just what we love to see. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Lamb Inn sometime soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Lamb Inn for 2nights to celebrate my 50th birthday.We wanted a quiet relaxing break and that's exactly what we got and more.We stayed in the Windrush Suite which was extremely comfortable. This 380 year Inn is full of character and if you like old places then this is the place for you.The staff are friendly and extremely accommodating,we ate some of the best food I have ever tasted."Amazing Chef".We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to leave a review. I''m delighted you had a "50th Birthday to remember" and that my staff were friendly and extremely accommodating.
To say you ate some of the best food you have ever tasted is fantastic praise and what we strive to deliver.
Paul and all at The Lamb

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We are 3000 miles away in Saudi Arabia, and we have spent this evening trying to get a bottle of Champagne delivered to our daughter who was staying in Great Rissington in a cottage, no one could deliver before Tuesday 4th March which is too late as she would have left. Our daughter had just found out she gained a place at Medical school after trying for 4 years. We contacted The Lamb to see if they could help, we spoke to Morganne who straight away offered to deal with our strange request and took our details and said she would hand deliver a bottle of Champagne… I would recommend The Lamb Inn to all our friends, and we would definitely be staying there!!!
Excellent customer service!!

Lynn Nonas +966565427749

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lnonas
TheLambInndotcom, Owner at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Lynn
Thank you for your kind words and I'm delighted Morganne was able to help with the champagne celebrations for your daughters medical school placing. Many congratulations to her and I look forward to welcoming you to The Lamb Inn next time your in the UK

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We chose the Lamb Inn at Great Rissington for a family celebration for my fathers 80th birthday. There were 17 of us in 7 rooms. The staff could not have been more accommodating and laid on a light lunch for us all when we arrived. They had laid up the private dining room for us for our evening meal which gave us loads of space to have pre dinner drinks and move around freely and without disturbing the other guests too much! The food was fantastic - a delicious choice and beautifully presented. They obviously have a very good chef because the breakfast the next morning was fabulous too. We all thought our rooms were perfect- charming and characterful but modern with good bathrooms. Highly recommended and we will definitely come again. Thank you so much for putting up with us and giving my dad and all of us a very memorable night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
TheLambInndotcom, Owner at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I'm so pleased your fathers 80th birthday will be a memorable one for you all. Its never a problem "putting up with you all" its always a great delight to see a family group having fun and enjoying themselves.
Your comments regarding the food, service and rooms are just what we love to read in a review.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Lamb Inn sometime soon
Paul and the team

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I went for a pie and some food last night. Wow! You should definitely check this place out. Paul and jack have just completed a lovely refurbishment of the place. A fresh contemporary feel but without losing any of the classic cotswold tradition and charm. The food was equally stunning. I had the fresh homemade burger and chunky fries; top notch (and I've eaten a few top notch gastro nice burgers in my time !). The right price too, £10.50. Highly recommend the lamb to anyone. Great food, great company from Jack and Paul who own/run the place, and a wonderful contemporary yet cosy and classic style.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
TheLambInndotcom, Owner at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review and I'm delighted you had a "wow" time with us. Your comments regarding our recent refurb are just what I wanted to achieve. A fresh uplifting feel but maintaining the classic traditional Cotswold charm (we had Rustic Chic in mind when undertaking the project!)
I look forward to welcoming you back soon for more great food and great company.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Rissington
Lords of the Manor Hotel
Lords of the Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in The Slaughters
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Rest...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
The Maytime Inn
The Maytime Inn
#1 of 8 in Burford

Been to The Lamb Inn? Share your experiences!