“The Lamb Inn. Wonderful as usual”
Review of The Lamb Inn

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Just had a delightful 2 night break at this gem of a pub, food is superb and reasonably priced. We stayed in the Jemima Garden Room, Such a lovely large room with a smashing modern bathroom. The staff are friendly and helpful. We'll definitely be back again.

We've stayed here 3 times now over the past 10 years and can't recommended it enough.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are large and more comfortable

Reviewed 24 March 2014

On a short trip to the Cotswolds, we stayed here for one night. Really pleased we did. First, we popped in for a quick drink at lunchtime, before going elsewhere to eat as planned. The pub was well decorated in what seems to be the vogue in gastro pubs - modern country-chic. No phoney horse brasses and all that guff. The lady behind the bar was very friendly. We checked in later in the afternoon. The room was in a converted single storey building in the garden. Obviously, in March, no British garden looks it's best but I can image it would be a lovely spot in the Summer. The building was a little unpreposessing but the room itself was excellent. Large, well decorated and furnished, in a modern style and spotlessly clean. The ensuite was very good too. Later, we had another drink in the bar whilst choosing from the menu. Very good atmosphere, with a mixture of guests and some locals, very much helped by the proprietor who was helpful and friendly without being too "in your face". He helped us choose the wine by letting us sample a couple of choices. I was a little shocked, in a good way, by how reasonably priced the wine was. Food - simply superb. Now, I like my grub and I've eaten in some top places but the sea bass I had was one of the best meals I've ever had. The breakfast the next day (full English of course!) was also of high quality - good ingredients, well executed. All in all, a very enjoyable stay and I would love to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TheLambInn_2014, Owner at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Andy
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and you consider us a "Cotswold gem". I'm delighted you approve of our recent refurb "rustic chic" was the aim and it appears we delivered. James my head chef has a rather large grin on his face after I told him his sea bass dish was one of the best meals you have ever had, high praise indeed.
I enjoy my wines and appreciate everyone has different tastes and enjoy discussing this and sharing samples with our guests and locals. I have taken particular care with my house selection and feel it offers super wines at reasonable prices.
I look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We arrived on Friday 21st Match 2014 and stayed until Monday 24th. It was a lovely long weekend.
The staff are very friendly, nothing is too much trouble, and the food was amazing, well done Chef!
We chose 'Millies Cottage' and we were not disappointed. Very nicely decorated and furnished, and the bed 'very' comfortable.

Definitely recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words and I'm delighted you enjoyed all we have to offer during your "wonderful stay". The chefs are certainly delivering a quality locally sourced seasonal menu as all feedback is exceptional at this time.
Thank you for recommending us and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the lamb inn on my own & the staff were very friendly. I dined in the bar amongst everyone watching the rugby. The food was out of this world. The room (Cheltenham suite) was great I was able to connect to the wifi the bed was really comfortable & the room large & airy. Tea/coffee/bottled water & biscuits were provided. I had a full English breakfast which was really good. There was a good selection of juice/cereal & fruit also. It's only a stones throw away from Bourton on the water so ideal location. It has been a long time since I have stayed away on my own but I enjoyed my time away & am already planning my next visit to the lamb inn. The inn is a lovely building in & out, the rooms & food are excellent but what really makes the place is the people that work there.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Dawn
Thank you for your kind words and that you found us to be welcoming and wonderful! I'm delighted you found all areas to be of the highest quality from the room, wifi, breakfast, food, staff and location. Just what I love to read in a review
I look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

A group of friends and I visited the lamb inn during a long weekend break in great rissington. The service was fantastic and the bar staff were incredibly accommodating. We were a large group of 8 and they managed to find a spot for us so we could watch the 6 nations, and took our orders and served us at the table - all with a smile. Some of us had food which was great too. Thanks for putting up with us for many hours whilst we sampled your ciders!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
TheLambInndotcom, Owner at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Steph
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I'm delighted you experienced fantastic service and incredibly accommodating bar staff. The Addlestones cloudy cider was certainly a favorite during the rugby! We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to The Lamb sometime soon

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here for a 1-night couple get away.

Our suite (Jemima) was spacious and really homely; massive bed and nestled down in the inns garden.

Food was really well prepared, breakfast was of really high quality (a tasty start to the day!).

The staff were extremely attentive, friendly and professional; couldn't ask for more.

Amazing location for walks, and beautiful countryside.

Definitely recommend.

M&F (26 years old).

Room Tip: Garden suites are worth the extra if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and "perfect getaway in a perfect location" is just what we love to see. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Lamb Inn sometime soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Lamb Inn for 2nights to celebrate my 50th birthday.We wanted a quiet relaxing break and that's exactly what we got and more.We stayed in the Windrush Suite which was extremely comfortable. This 380 year Inn is full of character and if you like old places then this is the place for you.The staff are friendly and extremely accommodating,we ate some of the best food I have ever tasted."Amazing Chef".We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to leave a review. I''m delighted you had a "50th Birthday to remember" and that my staff were friendly and extremely accommodating.
To say you ate some of the best food you have ever tasted is fantastic praise and what we strive to deliver.
Paul and all at The Lamb

The Maytime Inn
The Maytime Inn
#1 of 8 in Burford
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Rest...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold

Been to The Lamb Inn? Share your experiences!