“Beware of door and attitude!”
Review of Erika's

Erika's
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Dwight
Cuisines: Pizza, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Toronto, Canada
“Beware of door and attitude!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stopped in Erika's to look for some souvenirs to take home. The front door slammed on my foot so hard that I had to catch my breath for a few minutes before going in. My leather boot has a permanent cut in it, and hours later my foot is still sore-just hoping there's not a fracture. I don't know if the owner saw it happen or not, but no one came to see if I was okay. I'm not normally a complainer, but genuinely concerned that someone could get hurt - especially kids (I have 3 little ones of my own). I politely asked the owner if she would consider putting a sign on the door to warn others there is no tension in the door. She said okay, and I proceeded to limp to the other room to look for some gifts. Clearly they assumed that I left, because they were laughing hysterically and overheard one of them say "Oh - there's water right here - can you put a sign"..and they were laughing hysterically. Truthfully, if my foot wasn't searing with pain I would have thought it was a good one, but under the circumstances frankly thought it was mean. I then told them I was glad to give them a daily laugh - but would she like to see my foot. She said "no thanks" and I commented that she may want to reconsider, as an owner, how she treats her customers. She snarkingly asked what I wanted from her and I simply responded I wanted her to fix her door to protect others. Hopefully this note will prompt her to fix the problem. If you don't care about being made fun of as a customer, I'm sure it's a good place, lol. Never did try the food. Good luck!

Visited March 2014
4 Thank patty1979tor
Tanya G, General Manager at Erika's, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
We the staff and owners would like to reply to the review with the heading “Beware of Door and attitude”. We have great pride in our establishment and the great business we have created. We work long hard hours making sure that our customers are number one and get the best possible experience when they walk through our doors. Unfortunately, not sure what happened to this customer but we have had our door checked and it is working properly. However in this winter season it is hard to have everything working to the best of its ability at all times. The comment of the attitude is totally not warranted as to the scene that this customer is referring to did not include her but the staff was talking to another customer and had no reference to the customer that complained at all. I guess that is the disadvantage of coming in on a conversation in progress and not hearing the conversation from the beginning and feeling on the defensive when she felt they were talking about her when in fact they were not.
We are a very friendly, happy and positive environment to visit on a daily basis or just to stop in on your way through. Stop and grab a bite to eat or coffee or relax with a sweet goodie and shop in our gift shop as well, I guarantee you will not be disappointed. We try to have everyone leave our establishment with a smile on their face, just ask anyone of our locals that visit our place daily.

Haldimand, Canada
“Erika's”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice place in downtown Dwight. The baked goods are excellent and quite reasonably priced. The store made pizza was well worth the stop

• Visited August 2013
Guelph, Canada
“Heading to Algonquin on Hwy 60? You MUST stop here!!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Erika's is the best place to stop for food and drinks on your way to and from Algonquin Provincial Park. I'm the pickiest coffee drinker, but the brew there is fantastic! Be sure to try the baked goods, the butter tarts are to die for, and the Muskoka Road squares are like a Smore on the go. Hungry for more? Erika serves up a mouth-watering BLT. Whatever you choose, you can't go wrong. My husband and I stopped in on our trip to Algonquin and knew instantly we'd go back on our way home. The service was excellent. I would drive there every day for the coffee alone if it weren't 300km from where I live! We will be going back next summer!!!

• Visited August 2013
“What can i say but WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Erika's
Add to trip
2832 Highway 60, Dwight, Ontario P0A 1H0, Canada

Stopped by on our way to Algonquin Provincial Park. We drove 20 miles out of our way to eat at Erikas again.The food and service was great. Mike from Georgia

• Visited July 2013
Edinburgh
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stopped here twice for breakfast right on Highway 60 and found it well patronised by locals. The breakfast bagels were freshly cooked and just what we needed to keep us going as we travelled.
Service was good and fiiendly.

• Visited July 2013