“Great wedding gifts and art!”

Oxtongue Craft Cabin & Gallery
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Dwight
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: For 38 years Oxtongue Craft Cabin & Gallery has offered a unique shopping experience right in the heart of Muskoka, just west of Algonquin Park. Our log cabin gallery hosts an exquisite selection of fine craft and original art by over 100 Canadian artists and artisans. Oxtongue Craft Cabin & Gallery is considered a "must stop" for locals, visitors and seasonal cottagers alike, as it continues to delight guests from around the bend and around the world. Please note our seasonal hours.
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I can't rave about this place enough! Besides the handcrafted Canadian jewellery, art and gifts, the new owner (a year or two in) has added classes throughout the summer featuring different projects you can make. Gorgeous garden items -- really different things! If I win the lottery, I will buy out the store!

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

It has been years since we had been to this place, but it has just gotten better. If you like seeing unusual Canadian arts and crafts, this is the spot for you. We loved the wood carvings, the pottery in canoe motifs, the steel cuttings (moose in a canoe the favourite), gorgeous glassware, etc. Perfect spot for finding a wedding gift! So neat!

Reviewed 21 July 2013

The Craft Cabin is in a lovely spot surrounded by wild gardens. It changed hands about 7 weeks ago but the essential nature of the store has not changed. They carry a range of art by Canadian artists, paintings, metal work, glass works, wood objects for all price ranges. I saw a marvelous painting of the Muskokas but it was out of my price range at $1900. I would have loved it. Instead, I purchased a vividly painted ceramic milk jug for my milk bags. Much less expensive but it brought me enjoyment. They also have a selection of hand made jewelry - check out the kayak paddle earrings.

2  Thank MotherMJ