“A catastrophe - the worst in "restaurant" in the world.”
Review of Restaurant SuRi

Restaurant SuRi
Reserve with
Restaurant SuRi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Holbaek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

Went for lunch, 4 adults and a toddler. The 2 persons who served us were the most snobbish people I've ever encountered waiting tables. It was as if they thought that their job was to ensure the clients feel unwelcome and stupid. All questions on the menu or the size of the portions were answered in a "take it or leave it" way. The proud waitress served very rudely. When the dishes arrived, told us to "take away the napkin!" before dumping all the plates on the table. And the waiter cleared the table as if he'd rather shove all the stuff off onto the floor. And when he dropped a knife on the floor, he kicked it all the way to the kitchen! The food was horrible. Mussels were chewy and hard. The fish and chips came almost burnt through. The vegetables were inedible. And even the service to make settle the bill at the end was terrible. It took the waitress 15 minutes, and 2 bank cards to complete the payment. She insisted the first card did not work, and after leaving our sight with the 2nd card for 5 minutes, I went to check it out behind the counter. I asked patiently if she needed perhaps my pin number, but was haughtily shown away, with a "no no NO!" But she shouted out for me 20 seconds later with a "I borrow you! Come!" and told me angrily that the 2nd card wasn't working either. So I took a look at the card machine, keyed in my pin number, and voila, the bill was settled. When we left, saw the waitress and waiter shaking their heads at us and laughing together. They seemed happy to have ruined our day.

6  Thank Tiaradm

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Absolutely gourmet food, wine and service. I have been dining in the best restaurants that Copenhagen has to offer, and SuRi was better than almost any of them. Very much out of the ordinary.

We had the 5 course set menu and also the wine menu, and there was nothing you could point a finger at. The price was expensive I have to add, but I suppose that if you want a World Class product you should expect to pay for the privileged. I wouldn't classify Holbaek as a World Class city by any standards, but it would seem that this doesn't mean that you can't get Top Class food.

1  Thank Gorgonzola_DK
Reviewed 4 March 2012

An excellent meal, well presented, service perhaps a little slow, but the restaurant was full and there were 2 private functions going on in adjacent rooms. Nice location by the harbour in Holbaek. By Danish standards, in our view not expensive. However our visitors thought it very expensive - they have perhaps not been in too many Danish restaurants, many of which are mediocre and far too expensive for what is on the menu.

1  Thank eangelm
Reviewed 16 August 2011

It was a pleasant surprise, that a city like Holbaek can have such a nice gourmet restaurant.
We had the 5 course menu, which was really nice. Service were great and the view fantastic. We can but only recommend this restaurant !

1  Thank michaelstrunk
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Holbaek, Denmark
Reviewed 16 October 2008

Exelent food - gourmet. But expensive and not for children.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook