“Fantastic lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Holbaek, Denmark
“Fantastic lunch”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My first visit at this fantastic restaurant with the nice harbour view and the excellent food.
Normally I dont eat lunch but my choise here means that I have to go there more often to enjoy All the above.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Henglis

• Greek first
Tokyo, Japan
“Most Surprising Place on Our Denmark Tour”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Went for lunch on Saturday afternoon (12:30 pm) with family.

Much like another reviewer, we had just finished eating at several fine-dining restaurants in Denmark. We stopped in Holbaek on the way back to Copenhagen from a night at Dragsholm Castle.

Our initial host was a bit chilly to us when we showed up without a reservation, but I am not sure if it because of his confidence with English. Our waiter for the meal was very professional and polite, but all about business, as the place was quite busy.

The seafood dishes we had were excellent. Perhaps because I wasn't expecting it, but the portions were the perfect size (not too big not too small). The red snapper was grilled to perfection. Everything we ate was top notch, as were the drinks.

We enjoyed the meal from the outdoor deck of the restaurant overseeing the marina.

I am not sure how popular Holbaek is for tourists, but we found the town and the restaurant great.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Paserati
Denmark
“Great location, competent cooking and pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We were seated outside immediately overlooking the marina on a warm summer evening and it was very pleasant indeed. The service was competent and professional if a little automatic and at times bordering on the absent-minded. Great food with imaginative use of locally sourced ingredients. Both seafood and meat expertly cooked. Mock-caviar pearls made from parsley oil have become almost de rigeur in upmarket restaurants in Denmark and doesn't really do much to enhance what is already a good and confident use of ingredients. I had some difficulties with finding wine on the wine list available by the glass so went for a half bottle of good Alsace pinot gris - since then got the impression that wine was in fact available by the glass so would not have had to compromise and have white with the meat after all. No major issue but perhaps the wine list could be clearer - or I could have asked.

This is a good restaurant by any international standard and well worth visiting for their careful use of local produce and excellent seaside location. Also, while not low, the prices are certainly reasonable for this class of restaurant. Toilet facilities etc all good and spotless. No worries there either. Ample free parking or bring your yacht. Or there is the train from Copenhagen of course.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank GWRfanabroad
“A catastrophe - the worst in "restaurant" in the world.”
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

Went for lunch, 4 adults and a toddler. The 2 persons who served us were the most snobbish people I've ever encountered waiting tables. It was as if they thought that their job was to ensure the clients feel unwelcome and stupid. All questions on the menu or the size of the portions were answered in a "take it or leave it" way. The proud waitress served very rudely. When the dishes arrived, told us to "take away the napkin!" before dumping all the plates on the table. And the waiter cleared the table as if he'd rather shove all the stuff off onto the floor. And when he dropped a knife on the floor, he kicked it all the way to the kitchen! The food was horrible. Mussels were chewy and hard. The fish and chips came almost burnt through. The vegetables were inedible. And even the service to make settle the bill at the end was terrible. It took the waitress 15 minutes, and 2 bank cards to complete the payment. She insisted the first card did not work, and after leaving our sight with the 2nd card for 5 minutes, I went to check it out behind the counter. I asked patiently if she needed perhaps my pin number, but was haughtily shown away, with a "no no NO!" But she shouted out for me 20 seconds later with a "I borrow you! Come!" and told me angrily that the 2nd card wasn't working either. So I took a look at the card machine, keyed in my pin number, and voila, the bill was settled. When we left, saw the waitress and waiter shaking their heads at us and laughing together. They seemed happy to have ruined our day.

6 Thank Tiaradm
Holbaek, Denmark
“If money is not an object...”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Absolutely gourmet food, wine and service. I have been dining in the best restaurants that Copenhagen has to offer, and SuRi was better than almost any of them. Very much out of the ordinary.

We had the 5 course set menu and also the wine menu, and there was nothing you could point a finger at. The price was expensive I have to add, but I suppose that if you want a World Class product you should expect to pay for the privileged. I wouldn't classify Holbaek as a World Class city by any standards, but it would seem that this doesn't mean that you can't get Top Class food.

• Visited June 2012