“Perfect place to detach”
other travellers have booked this property
Paradise is waiting at Port Barton. Imagine yourself here.
Gilligans has 180 metres of semi private beach and 2 acres of grounds with no neighbours for 200mts. Our kayaks and paddle boards are available for our guests to use.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Paradise is waiting at Port Barton. Imagine yourself here.
Our kayaks and paddle boards are available for our guests to use.
Thanks to our guests the Jones girls for modelling for us.
Relax beside our calm waters
You'll love our beachfront cabanas.
Gilligans new kitchen is available for guests to use.
Our boat is available for island hopping. Good for 8.
Gilligans Hideaway guesthouse is an ideal private holiday home for lovers or groups up to 8.
Great for private romantic evenings
The beds are comfortable and nets are provided for your protection.
Guests can lunch on the beach or nearby islands. Our package includes an island trip and beach lunch
Freshly cut coconuts are provided for guests by our caretakers.
Enjoy an evening bonfire on the beach.
Enjoy an evening bonfire on the beach.
Our caretakers.
Kayak around to the nearby water falls at Bigaho.
Gilligans from the water.
View from the beach
Our house is right beside the water
We have 2 paddle boards available at each home.
We have screens for your protection.
Contact us for our information sheets and links to our Flickr photo site.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 32 reviews

Reviews from our community

leetje
Seria, Brunei Darussalam
“Perfect place to detach”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Beach villa is hard to get to, but so worth it (fly to Manila, transfer to Puerto Princesa, mini van to Port Barton, boat to the house, total some 7+ hours). The caretakers are really great and helpful, your villa is lovely with all the right touches, for example our kids loved playing with the toys that were there - so well thought through - and they loved the kayaks, which we took to a nearby village or just for exercise into the ocean. Can definately recommend the island hopping (picture perfect beaches and corals) and the fishing trip. Ate fresh fish every day! Loved the beach bar and the seemingly endless sunsets.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The empty beach (private!) and the staff on site
Liked least: Noting
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
9 Sep 2014
Getting to any of the resort areas in Philippines requires travel, particularly the remote areas such as Palawan, but the travel is well worth while. You won't find crowds of people at Gilligans, virtually none at all. There are only around 20 in the village 300 metres away. That's the beauty of Gilligans. Thanks for your review.
Cossatot...
Cove, Arkansas
“Wonderful Getaway”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

Well, I've waited long enough to write a review (been hectic here, unlike at Giliigan's) but I just had to at least give a thumbs up to the owner and staff at Gilligan's. You definitely get your money's worth here....very relaxing / beautiful place. Wish we could have stayed longer than the 5 days. If you like being away from it all but not having to sleep in a tent, this is the place....no one / no thing bothered us in any way during the stay. Gilligan's was fabulous. The only problem we had was getting there, as they delayed our flight to Palawan several times before our flight date and then without warning, the flight was delayed again as we waited to board.....we had rented the 4x4 shuttle van to get to Villa Margarita and we worried that they would leave the airport before we arrived since it was dark by the time we got there (originally I told Mal we would be in Puerto Princesa by about 2 pm!). But the driver was there waiting for us at the airport and we had a nice drive up the highway to the turn off.....it had rained quite a bit that day and the road was bad in spots. We got stuck in some deep ruts and about the time I thought we were going to have to spend our first night in the van, along came someone on a scooter, who went for help....in a short bit several local folks came with shovels and a tow rope and got us pulled out (yes, human power, not a tow truck :-). So we arrived at Villa Marguerita around midnight and the staff was prepared for us to stay there the night as it was too dark to take the boat to Gilligan's....we had a nice night and then visited with the monkey the next morning and took the boat to Gilligan's. They took care of us wonderfully even though our traveling schedule was messed up (no fault of ours or theirs, stuff just happens sometimes.....just go on Filipino time and everything will work out :-)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: semi remote location
Liked least: didn't stay long enough!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
20 May 2014
Thanks for the positive review. You're right when you say "go on Filipino time and it all works out", in fact I lose sense of time ( and days ) at Gilligans as it's so relaxed. I hope we see you again someday. Mal
gremlinm3
San Francisco, California
“Unexpected Paradise”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Our group was originally going to stay at their other property (Villa Marguerita.) When I told Mal that I wanted to hold an uber small wedding ceremony there and asked for his advice on location. He immediately suggested Gilligans. He would allow us to stay there for two nights to hold the wedding. He described it as a magical and special place. I said OK!

Upon arrival, our group immediately wanted to stay there longer. It's not a private island but it's pretty darn close. Mich and the entire staff are beyond friendly.. they were almost family. Mich allowed to stay at Giligans for the reminder of our trip. We invited everyone to our casual ceremony and a pig roast to follow. Mich had surprised us with a homemade wedding cake, flower bouquet, a birthday cake, and amazing setup for our dinner reception. It was truly more than we expected. Seriously, our stay at Gilligans had kickstart the next chapter of my life. My husband and I had decided to return for our 10 year anniversary.

Besides the wedding ceremony, the entire staff of both locations was superb. Arnold is a funny guy who really goes out of his way to help out. The caretakers at Gilligans were non intrusive but there to assist if needed.

The second best part about this trip (besides getting married) was swimming in the calm warm water in the middle of night. You'll able to see the stars reflected off the water and even the milky way. There's bioluminescent planktons (I think they're planktons) and it's and it's extremely hard to describe swimming in such radiance. It was an experience of a lifetime.

Thank you Mal, Mich, Arnold, Marilyn, Apple, Beth, Estrella and Roger (hope I spelled everyone's name correctly).

We will return in 10 years!!

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
5 May 2014
This was our first wedding and it was a pleasure to have shared the experience with such wonderful people. To lay on the beach and experience the stars, comets, high flying planes, shooting stars, the sparkling water and sometimes fireflies is something we'd love every one of our guests to experience. Congratulations and see you in 10 years. Regards Mal, Mich and team Port Barton.
Steve G
Sydney, Australia
“Paradise on earth”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

A fantastic location and beautiful house and gardens. Not many places like this left in the world, reminded me of been on the north coast of Zanzibar in Africa but so much more civilized.

So much to do in a week, between island hopping, snorkeling, walking and using the various canoes and equipment we felt we always had something to do which suited us great. On a night, given the location you feel your miles from anywhere but at the same time couldn't feel safer.

Mal was very easy to deal with and with him based in Australia I had no reservations that things wouldn't go as promised. Once in the Philippines it was a snap to deal with the caretakers of the house who were also fantastic when we arrived.

Travel was a breeze, we stayed overnight in Puerto Princessa so we could shop in the morning then 2 1/2hrs on a good road and 1hr down a bad road and your nearly there. 20 mins on a Bangka and your in your own peace of paradise.

Couldn't recommend Gilligans more for a family holiday.

Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
18 Jan 2014
Thanks for the great review Steve! My staff spoke highly of you and your group. I'm on the beach at Gilligans now and just saw your review. You'll be jealous, but we had the BEST night here last night. We started with a bonfire on the beach, then my 3 sons let off some fireworks that they bought from a local store. We cooked our dinner on the bonfire coals, then we lay on the beach and watched and photographed the stars. A firefly visited us and amazed us with its glowing tail, then we slept under one of our cabanas. We had my favourite music playing, thenweather was perfect, and there were cold drinks a plenty. You can't do that where I live.
You guys were 'low maintenance' guests and a pleasure to deal with. Hope you to see you again sometime. Mal
BorneoTra...
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“Slice of Heaven”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

We stayed for a week at Gilligan’s in early October 2013. I’m struggling to think of something that hasn’t already been said about this little portion of paradise. We read the documentation on the property thoroughly, which I advise you to do, and we were not disappointed at all. Mal has done a fine job of outlining everything necessary to prepare yourself for the adventure of a lifetime. I can also vouch for many of the positive observations made in previous reviews and honestly say we found it as we had hoped, possibly better. The staff members at the property are fantastic. We asked for a roast pig during our stay to celebrate the birthday of one of our boys and we were treated to a feast. We even managed to entice the staff to join us. A couple of the workers took my boys fishing. Using the caretaker’s boat, we toured the bay stopping off at several islands – I can highly recommend lunch at the Blue Cove Resort on Albaguen Island. We kayaked around the place, visited the local waterfall – a must – and enjoyed long evening meals on the beach in front of the house; magic! The caretaker and her workers are shy, humble people who, as was noted by an early reviewer, could easily be taken advantage of. The cost of the extra care provided is minimal and I can only hope that everyone who stays at Gilligan’s realises this and tips accordingly. We live in Asia; we travel constantly in Asia and have done so for many years. I rarely find much out of the ordinary worth sharing. Gilligan’s is different. You won’t find a place to match; well at least I haven’t. Getting in and out by road is not straight forward; the road is serious 4 wheel drive terrain and when it rains, as it did for us, it’s a long slow haul across the high road. But don’t let that put you off, just be prepared, ipod, book, camera and some munchies!. What awaits you at the other end is well worth it. I truly hope we can visit again in the future. The only thing we would change next time is our length of stay... We’d stay much longer. Thank you Estrella, Roger, Junjun and April...And thank you Mal.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Almost everything. Great property, perfect location, fantastic staff, heaven on earth.
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Large groups
27 Oct 2013
Thanks also to you Brian for your kindness to our staff and for this lovely review. My heart goes into my mouth every time a review is posted as we try so hard to make each vacation as special as we can make it. We try hard with our information mail outs, FAQ sheet, Facebook and Flickr posts to describe to potential guests in words and images about our 2 special homes in Port Barton Palawan. Life in the tropics can be very different from the climates in which our guests come from, and expectations can be very high, so meeting our clients expectations can be demanding, especially after they've read reviews such as yours. Thank you my friend for making our job easy.
David Y
Kingston, PA
“WOW! Delivers as advertised and then some.”
Reviewed 5 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Our week at Gilligan's was everything we had hoped for and more. Our caretakers Alvin, Estrella, their family and Roger made our stay memorable. We felt as if they were part of our family. I would best desribe the house itself as similar to a comfortable cabin in the mountains of Pennsylvania except that it is located on an island paradise, a beautiful secluded beachfront property with wonderful views of the bay and surrounding islands and gorgeous sunsets. Every evening we would paddle out into the bay to be surrounded by the sunset.
We spent some days relaxing on the property, enjoying the plants and flowers, reading a book on the porch or gazebo or exploring the vast beach. Other days were more active. The hike to Bigaho Falls was a great change of pace and the island hopping was incredible. We took the banka boat back to Port Barton to wander around for half a day and arranged for a diving/snorkeling trip for later in the week. We bought some souveniers and some fresh fruit to bring back to the house. Roger climbed a palm tree and harvested some fresh coconuts for us to enjoy fresh coconut water. It was terrific with some Malibu Rum.
Estrella's cooking was terrific and she was very accommodating, making some separate dishes for my daughter who likes her food plain. Alvin and Estrella were always available if we needed anything, they were always pleasant and smiling.
I really can go on and on and I can't say enough good things about Gilligan's. Mal and Michelle are so easy to work with and answered all of my questions and concerns.
Thank you Mal and Michelle for providing a most memorable property to spend a vacation. I think about it and smile every day as do the rest of my family. I sincerely hope to return some day.

David Yamrus

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The friendly caretakers and the beautiful property
Liked least: Not much to choose from but maybe lack of air conditioning at night
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
9 Sep 2014
"Delivers as advertised" This is one of my favourite reviews. I've tried hard to tell it like it is; Warts and all. Thanks for a terrific review. Mal
Maidenhead
Reviewed 9 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
9 Apr 2013
Thanks Simon for your review. It was a pleasure to host your party. Hope to see you again soon. Mal
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$140
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing