“Convenient overnight stop”

Park House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Bladon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We picked this B&B because it was convenient for a birthday party we were attending in Bladon. It is very well decorated and maintained and was quite a surprisingly good little B&B. Sharon the owner was very accommodating, even trying to persuade us to have more breakfast! Our room looked out onto the road but we were not at all disturbed by the traffic despite it being the same weekend as the Blenheim horse trials event. Would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a very high standard B and B. The rooms are immaculate and the service very friendly. Great breakfast - our host even cooked us a special welsh rarebit as we are vegetarians. It is in a wonderful area of Oxfordshire. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandtlovetravelling
Reviewed 12 August 2013

When I booked this little B&B for our visit to Blenheim Palace, I had no idea that it was not only located at the back of Blenheim property, but it is directly across the road from where Churchill is buried. Sharon (the owner) was extremely friendly and accommodating. We stayed in the room with a balcony and a large en-suite. The entire place was immaculate and comfortable, and the room was lovely. The breakfast was individually made and plentiful. Free wi-fi is a plus. Sharon recommended the pub down the road for dinner and we were not disappointed.

The only negatives are things that could not be helped. Geographically the house is located in a dip and so there is almost no cell phone reception. The road is a bit noisy in the morning, but we were not there to sleep in anyway. It was kind of a natural alarm clock!

I highly recommend this little gem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eveybp
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I booked this B&B on late rooms at £70 a night.
Accommodation - 3 rooms only. I stayed in the Burgundy room.
The burgundy room is in the attic at the front of the building. It suffers somewhat from the noise of the road which is quiet at night but is constant in the morning as the commuter traffic uses this road heavily. The bed is large and comfortable with all the provisions you would expect. The shower is a little small as it has the angle of the roof in it. I am about 6 foot and just managed to wash my long hair easily and my husband at 6 foot 2 managed to wash his short hair ok.
Owner was very accommodating for breakfast and provided me with grapefruit segments every morning even though not on the menu.
The B&B is over the road from the graveyard with Churchill's grave and easy walking distance to the south end of Blenheim. You can walk but it might be better to drive into Woodstock.
It is close (walking or even falling distance) to the White House pub/restaurant (see my review). Other varied alternatives for food are in Woodstock (2 miles) or other nearby villages.
3G Connection is non existent and Vodafone coverage limited (I had to lean out of window). Free internet is provided at the B&B and is adequate (TalkTalk).
Two flights of stairs up to room did tire me a bit.
TV provides the usual set of preview channels and size of TV is fine.
I really liked this B&B and would recommend it. Be careful if you book at weekends though as the car park is not available during the day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My girlfriend and parents stayed here for one night, using it as a base for the triathlon at Blenheim Palace. I couldn't have asked more from the owner, who went out of her way to make us feel welcome and accommodate my needs. We arrived at 2pm (2 hours before check-in time) and our rooms were already ready for us. The rooms were also very comfortable and nicely presented. The full english breakfast was also delicious. The location of the B&B is also excellent for visiting Blenheim Palace and Woodstock.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed here overnight before a trip to Blenheim Palace, and had a very comfortable stay. We arrived a little later than originally planned, but the owner was very accommodating about this. She also recommended the pub down the road for dinner, which turned out to be an excellent recommendation. Breakfast in the morning was, quite frankly, delicious, especially the bacon and sausage. The room was beautifully decorated, with an enormous bed, and an ensuite shower, which was warm and powerful, although possibly difficult to stand up in if you're over 6ft. In summary, lovely room, friendly and caring owner, convenient and pretty location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rgdew
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My wife & I spent 3 nights at the Park House B&B whilst visiting the area in December 2012. We liked the look & feel of the place. We had the superior room which was reasonably spacious with a good sized bathroom. The landlady was very nice & friendly. We thought we were going to arrive much later than expected & this was not a problem. The full english breakfast was very good however my wife struggled with the croissants. Although the bathroom was very spacious it had the smallest shower cubical I have ever seen. There was no option of a bath so the shower it was. Because of the time of year, the gas central heating was on. We thought the radiators in the room were a little noisy but got used to it. We liked the fact there was ample parking at the premises with plenty of pubs/restaurants within easy reach. On the whole we enjoyed our stay & would recommend the Park House.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bladon
Macdonald Bear Hotel
#1 of 13 in Woodstock
Marlborough Arms
Marlborough Arms
#2 of 13 in Woodstock

Been to Park House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!