“Pleasant and warm stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Halstead
Cabbages and Kings Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Halstead B&B and Inns
Hilton Head SC
“Pleasant and warm stay”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay ay Cabbages and Kings the past weekend. We were in the UK for the christening of our grandson Noah. Our son found C&K in Trip Advisors. The owner Jane was very attentive to our needs and comfort. We would not hesitate to recommend C&K to anyone traveling in the area. Indeed my son and his family who live in the area are planning to have lunch there sometime soon. Martin Goodall

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

I have been back several times since I first discovered it. It's like visiting a friend who has a lovely home and lives to bake! The owner has worked hard to improve the layout and flow which has meant some closures but its absence has made my heart (or rather stomach) grow fonder!! I would recommend it to any food-lover - definitely worth a detour.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Cyriad
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed at C+K when we attended friends christening in Halstead. Excellent accommodation which accommodated our two young children, which isn't always easy to find! One of the nicest breakfasts I have had (and I have travelled extensively and stayed in many hotels). Jane's attention to detail and personal service really contributed to making this an excellent stay. Definitely would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I brought my parents here for a week to visit family and friends. Jane was an excellent host, friendly, helpful & always making us feel at home. Her attention to detail & high standards ensure the place is spotlessly clean and the rooms beautifully decorated with a feeling of quality throughout. All aspects of our stay were brilliant - the rooms, the food, the garden and the village location. We were so happy with C & K we brought family back to sit in the garden with tea & Jane's home made cakes - they are now going to return to the tea shop with their friends!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Linda N
San Jose
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our two nights at Cabbages and Kings. Our room was lovely, the breakfast was fabulous (as is all the food in the downstairs tea room), and owner Jane and her staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. We toured the home of Charles Darwin in nearby Downe, spent a great day in Lewes (at Jane's recommendation), and bought lovely gifts in the tea shop to take home to family and friends. We heartily recommend Cabbages and Kings!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PhyllisSanJose
Wickford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I was recommended Cabbages and Kings by some work colleagues. I emailed to book a room for one night for my wife and I as we were attending a fundraising event for a local hospice, but I did not receive acknowledgement. After several days I rang and got through to the owner who was very helpful but did not have her booking diary with her. I gave her my office and mobile number and requested that she get back to me as quickly as possible with availability. I did not receive a call that day or over the subsequent weekend, but thought she may be busy and left it until Monday, when I called again. I spoke to the owner's assistant and left my name, my office and mobile numbers and explained the situation. Nothing. Again. With time running out to confirm accommodation I rang another hotel and booked immediately.
I have no doubt that Cabbages and Kings is as stunning as everyone says. Unfortunately I never got the chance to experience it.

Room Tip: Wish you all better luck than I had.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
13 Thank SimonRed68
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2011

we stayed at C&K for an overnight stop over after going to a concert at the o2. upon arriving we were made to feel more than welcome and offered tea and coffee in the beautiful garden while our room was being checked. Jane could not do enough for us to the extent that when i asked for a numberf for a local taxi firm to take us to the station she offerd to pop us there herself derspite being rushed off her feet. the accomodation was 100% spotless and set out beautifully in charactor with the rest of the property. We have and will continue to reccomend people to stay there. Jane went above and beyond to make sure we had a perfect stay and was a perfect and genuine host. Thanks again.

Ash and Steve

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halstead
Best Western Plus Donnington Manor Hotel
#3 of 6 in Bromley
Crown Inn
Crown Inn
#2 of 2 in Chislehurst

Been to Cabbages and Kings Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!