“Fine Longuedoc Hospitality”

L'Ostal du Pic Saint Loup
Bangkok
“Fine Longuedoc Hospitality”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Spent three comfortable nights in this newish Longuedoc style house where the rooms were spacious and contemporary, fine swimming pool and relaxing garden. The best part though was the fine cuisine of Marie our hostess and her son Bertrand who went out of his way to ensure help us with tours and things to see and even helped us drop our hire car back in Montpellier railway station - no easy task. Thanks also to his brother Patrick for ensuring we saw all the major sites of the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ian J

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We had a great stay here. The food was amazing - we had the "gourmand experience" - some of the best I had in France. The owner was very knowledgeable about the wines and struck a perfect balance of being attentive whilst leaving us to enjoy the good and wine. The room was comfortable and clean and the grounds of the hotel beautiful. The pool needed a bit of a clean but was otherwise nice. Would highly recommend this place to others wanting to enjoy the scenery, food and drink of the Pic Saint Loup area.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Rob_M_UK
United States
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I recently traveled to Montpellier on business and opted to take an extra day for fun. I contacted Bertrand through his Wine Tour Business (Instant Terroir). Normally, Bertrand only takes 2 people at a time on a tour but he made an exception since I was travelling during their low season for tourism. Bertrand was a phenomenal host. He took time to get to know my wine preferences and he gave me a brief but substantive description of the wine region. He arranged private tastings at 2 unique local wineries. The winery owners obviously knew Bertrand and were very friendly and welcoming to me. After our wine tour, Bertrand drove me to his B&B where he served me a home cooked lunch that was very tasty and contained fresh vegetables and local cheeses. He also let me take a look around his B&B rooms. They were very nicely decorated and seemed very clean. Bertrand spoke English, made me feel welcomed and completely at ease (which is what I was looking for after traveling so far for business). Bertrand even took the time to show me some good places to visit it Montpellier because he knew I was planning to spend the afternoon exploring the town. He actually had a map of Montpellier and drew a tour path for me to follow. He recommended places for me to have a relaxing coffee and to have some local cuisine for dinner. All in all this was a wonderful experience and the next time I am in Montpellier, I will plan to stay at this B&B. The value of this experience was fantastic; in fact, I felt that I paid too little for all of the time and attention Bertrand gave to me. I am an American woman that was traveling alone and I felt completely safe and content during my wine tour and during my self tour of Montpellier. The city is worth a visit and if you are in the area, you should definitely stay at this B&B or at least take the wine tour. Thanks Bertrand for a wonderful wine tasting experience!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank FrequentTraveler4Fun
Bristol
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Betrand gives a wonderful but relaxed welcome to his lovely 'hostel'. Contemporary feel in a very sympathetic style. Lovely rooms and the gardens are a perfect mix of privacy and interest. The food is the best I've ever had in a B&B. He says it is his mother that does the cooking but we never saw her and suspect he has a team of michelin star chefs hidden out the back!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vic6T6
Dorset, UK
Reviewed 22 September 2009

A really lovely place - tucked away & very private. Bertrand is a most charming host who is also an extremely good cook, and found some great wine for us to try as well. The pool is beautiful and the garden enchanting. Only one minor irritation - I think our bathroom had some sort of Saniflow system (e.g it needed a pump to remove any waste) - so any night time visit for water etc. would result in half an hour of intermittent electric pump noise, which was a tiny bit annoying. But that is the only minus mark on an otherwise perfect stay, which the whole family will remember fondly.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Belsele
Reviewed 10 August 2009

For a moment I thought about being really selfish and not sharing this place with anybody else... That's how great it is! A warm hospitality, great house, lovely garden and pool, where you can relax for hours. We loved the dinner, special vegetarian menu on our request, and everything else about this place!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Dubai/LasVegas/Dallas
Reviewed 14 July 2009

This gave us a feel of what it is to live in the South of France, warm people, great food and amazing wines. Bertrands hospitality was wonderful, inviting, unobstrusive, generous(with his wine collection) and helpful. We were invited to dinner cooked by his mom the first night where we enjoyed it with the other guests. It was our favorite time. We will always have wonderful memories here because of this. We felt very comfortable in the rooms, they were simple yet had everything we needed. The house is set on a beautiful property, there is a pool and alot of space to wander and take pictures. The location was ideal for us, only about 15 minutes from Montpellier to catch the tram and located near a medival town that had alot of charm. Consider this place if you are looking for something special. We will definitely stay again the next time we are in Montpellier!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eatinandtravelin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Jean-de-Cuculles
Bergerie de Fontbonne
#3 of 3 in Saint-Jean-de-Cuculles
Mas de Luziere
Mas de Luziere
#1 of 2 in Saint-Andre-de-Bueges

Been to L'Ostal du Pic Saint Loup? Share your experiences!