“Excellent”

Ranked #4 of 6 St Clears B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Went for evening meal while on holiday in St Clears, one of the local place to eat. The location isn't brilliant on motorway. The food was excellent, great value and the waitresses that served us were really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Venus31426

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed here for a week whilst working in the area. The room was ok ,very clean and serviced daily. The staff were all helpfull and friendly,the food in the on site restaurant was good always fresh.
Special mention for anghared? The smiling waitress, a breath of fresh air well done girl you got it right:-)

1 Thank Brummie187
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Waitress serving on Monday night could not of done more to make us welcome . The food was much better than expected , freshly cooked and excellent quality . We will be back tomorrow night to sample more from the lovely menu.

1 Thank Daz_Telford
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here twice now in the last month and thought I'd share my experience with Trip advisor.

I ordered the mixed grill and the wife had fish and chips
The food I must say was excellent the mixed grill was one of the best I've ever had..
The service was also top notch I would definitely eat here again would recommend. It is on the expensive side but I don't mind paying if the food quality is right.
Well done to the Forge.

1 Thank Taz695
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We booked this last minute, and planned to stay for a couple of days. On arrival our 'lodge' accommodation was spacious, clean and really quiet and peaceful. Free use of the pool, gym and sauna at any time was great after a hot day. The breakfasts are amazing with the best bacon we have ever tasted. Meals served are very generous portions of basic good, homecooked food. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble, even putting themselves out to come in early to cook breakfast when we wanted to leave early one morning. Ended up staying for 6 nights. We will definitely come back again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emmy-Lu4
Kerpen, Germany
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I discovered "The Forge" some years ago when I needed rest on my way from Germany to Ireland. I rented a room for the night and also had dinner in the restaurant. It was a good experience!
The room was good value for the money. I got a small cottage with parking space in front. The room was quite lovely, it was clean and the bed was good. There´s also a electric kettle and tea. Bathroom (shower and toilet) isn´t luxurious and small, but also clean and you get everything you need.
Next journey (September 2011) I allready planned to stay there. I arrived on early afternoon, it was raining cats and dogs. The room was very much like the first time. I killed the time until dinner by using the free wifi, there´s also a gas-station nearby where you can buy some crisps, ber and magazines, so I had a relaxed afternoon.
I had dinner in the restaurant, fillet steak and chips, which was excellent. The price was reasonable, not cheap, but very okay for the quality.
Reception is in the main building, just a very small desk. The staff was very friendly, check in and out was quick.
Next time I´m definitely going there again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Oliver B
St Davids, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Used to visit on regular and twice in succession the food was not very good. Gave it a miss for the last 18 months and called there last Sunday on our way home. Staff did not give a warm welcome. Service was slow and there were only 8 people in at the time. The food was hot and well cooked. Overall I will not be stopping for food here for a long time again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 6 in St Clears
The Fox and Hounds
The Fox and Hounds
#1 of 1 in Bancyfelin

Been to The Forge Restaurant & Lodge? Share your experiences!