53 Hotel
US$57
Trip.com
Orange Hotel - Taichung Park(Central District)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$46
1969 Blue Sky Hotel(Central District)
US$65
Fushin Hotel Taichung(Central District)
US$72
US$67
Kiwi Express Hotel - Zhong Zheng Branch(Central District)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$31
SSBHotel-Shin Sei Bashi(Central District)(Great Value!)
US$28
RedDot hotel(Central District)
US$77
US$64
Priceline
Plaza Hotel(Central District)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$50
  • Breakfast included
Reloading Hotel(Central District)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$47
Agoda.com
All reviewsfamily roomice creamtaichung railway stationfamily martexcellent locationfengjia night marketvalue for moneycomplimentary bottled waterfood truckbuy detergentprovided dailypolite staffbath towelssafe deposit boxthe busfree laundrywasher and dryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed in the 53 Hotel with my family (wife and 2 kids) in January.

The service there is excellent. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. They even upgraded my room without any request!

The room was very big and the the bed comfortable.

The only problem was related to the bedroom. The shower and the lavatory were separated (including between them) of the room only by a glass door that doens't reach the ceiling. So you can hear the shower noise from your bed. Besides, the sink is inside the room (they are not separates by any door). When you have small kids traveling with you, any sound can be harmful to their sleep...

The location is also good. It is very close to: the Taichung Station (train) and bus stop; department stores, the Taichung Park and the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

It is a small hotel. We stayed in a double bedroom. The room is small but well designed and fully equipped.
Front desk staff are young guys but polite and say hello everytime you see them. The floor service staff is nice too.
Studying areas on the first floor and basement are so elegant designed that you want to stay there longer.

The hotel is situated opposite Taichung railway station. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for good 6 nites from 19 to 25th. First location is excellent. Beside the famous icecream shop in whole of Taiwan. Taxi plentiful when asked counter to call.bus alot to various place but for my convenient cab is prefered.
Second we dun have bkf but the hotel convenient located with many eateries n 711 near.
Yes I would label it as 3.5 star hotel. No amenities that a 5 stars give but way enough for the amount u paid. Book earlier its cheaper. Hotel nearly fully book on everyday I was there.
Lastly room is small but clean n whatever you need is all there cleaned! !. Was ard 12 degreee that nite, we requested a heater n that was sent to us . Bedsheet is clean n my ger enjoy the bed well .
Definitely stayed there again if I visit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank littleJun
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is a very typical budget 3 star hotel for group tourists and this is the first hotel that I gave negative feedback in Tripadvisor.

First of all, this hotel is totally catered for tour groups so please do check with your local travel agent if you really want to stay here. I travelled together with a group of 8 friends but as I decided to join them last minute, I booked through booking.com and end up paying 30% more. I paid USD100 and i felt this hotel did not justify the price.

Hotel is located in a rundown area where there there are a 7-11 supermarket and an ice cream shop close by and that's about it. The hotel has no money exchange service and there is no ATM machine close by. I was asked to go to the Mode mall to change my money and it was a good 15 minutes unpleasant walk. I had to walk towards the old train station and went through an underground passage way which was inhabited by 5- 6 street sleepers. This was not an easy 10 mins walk as described by the hotel staff.

Staff speak little or no English and hardly have any smile on their face.

The night when I stayed in this hotel, the outside temperature was 10C. Ridiculously, the hotel room has only air con and no heating system. Since I had to turn off the air con , the room had a mouldy sewage smell due to the humidity inside.

The bathroom shower has only a 2 feet glass partition next to the shower head and a complete open end which guarantee a total wet bathroom floor after a 3 min shower.

Bath towels are of low quality and looked as if they had been used for quite some years. They are rough but are good for exfoliating.

Room window has an old window blind which could block out 70% of light from the back alley outside.

Breakfast was awful and no replenishment of fresh fruit when I started breakfast at 9am.

At 11:59am the front desk already made phone calls to guest urging them to check out. I have never stayed in a hotel which called the client to ensure they check out on time.

For the pros, there is free wifi provided and speed is ok. Quilt blanket is comfortable.

Personally I will not stay in this hotel again .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank hkhappygal
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with my family. The hotel is nicely renovated and appointed, new and clean. As far as hotels go, this one is of course decent and comfortable.

The one thing that lets it down is its location. I think most would think that the hotel is in a central location by virtue of it being very close to the Taichung railway station (this is not the same station as the high speed rail from Taipei) and just opposite the Old Optician - where people queue like mad for the ice cream, which I have to say is rather yummy. However, other than that, there is nothing within walking distance of the hotel. Popular spots such as the Feng Chia night market is quite a taxi ride away. Plus, the area just behind the hotel is peppered with foreign workers so venturing out at night could be an issue for some.

Will I return to stay? Probably not as there is virtually nothing to do around the hotel area.

Stayed: February 2014