Prior to our stay, we stayed 2 nights in a resort in Patong area. We moved to Ayara Kamala because we wanted somewhere quiet to spend our last 2 nights in Phuket.
Ayara Kamala is serenity at its best. While waiting for our room (Grand deluxe ocean view) to be ready, we were blown away by the gorgeous view of the Andaman Sea and the staggering uphill locations of other villas of the resort. All we heard was the sound of wind and waves.
Blessed with good weather in Kamala, the infinity pool outside our room was so inviting that we wanted to swim and chill out by the pool all the time. The bed is comfortable and the only thing I get uncomfortable about is the lightings in the washroom/toilets, I find them too dim for my liking but that's just my opinion.
When night falls, we book the mini-van from the hotel to Kamala beach for dinner, the resort is offering (150bht one way) which is cheaper than the local taxis which asked for 300 baht to get us back to hotel. Because we missed the free shuttle van timings, we booked the mini-van to get us to a certain restaurant we wanted to try in Kamala and called the resort to pick up us when we wanted to get back.
We had a late check out on our last day and prior our flight, we booked a spa package (current promotion of one for one). The spa experience was awesome!
We had a quick lunch after the spa and we tried pasta and phad thai (local & western food) and both dishes didn't disappoint.
All in all, I would really love to come back to Ayara Kamala again! In a heartbeat! 2 nights are certainly not enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sleep, eat, indulge, explore and rejuvenate at our homely resort in our naturally private setting, along millionaire’s mile located south west of the treasured island of Phuket. Through using the traditional and authentic craftsmanship of Khun V, this wonderful promontory paradise has been converted into a magnificent hotel consisting of 42 rooms and villas sprawling the hillside down to the private rustic beach. His Swiss educated daughter, Masha, blends her Thai service foundations with some of the Swiss touches she picked up studying abroad to deliver a unique and harmonious style service culture. All the rooms and villas are designed with the concept of ‘Ayara’, corresponding with the nature of ‘elephants’ that are gentle and kind and of course, need their space to rest. They are decorated contemporarily and traditionally, from stylish black tiles to luxuriously marbled bathroom floors, to wooden and earthly tones. Our restaurant maintains quality local ingredients with delightful homemade recipes as well as including a few of the normal favorites from around Thailand and the rest of the world. We’ve got the gym, the spa and a private rustic beach, everything you need to feel comfortable. So, whether young and fresh or mature and experienced, Ayara Kamala provides you with our local founded atmosphere whilst our international touches amaze and surprise combining on a personal level a unique harmony, nowhere else found.Our noble ‘Kamalians’ strive to make sure you obtain that unique warmth in this promontory paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayara Kamala Hotel Kamala
- Ayara Kamala Resort And Spa
- Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa Phuket