I staid with my 2 kids for 4 days at this resort and had a fairly good time. What was good about this hotel are the size of the rooms, the relaxed breakfast/dining zone and the service. What was not so good are the location, the size of the bathroom and the darkness of the rooms.
Check-in is only at 3pm so we had to wait 2 hours for our room, but were served refreshments in the lobby. We booked a pool access room but unlike other hotels this means just a room on ground floor level close to the pool not a room with direct access to pool. The room had 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, a big lounge, 3 TVs but unfortunately the smallest shower room I have seen for a long time. Also the curtains of the main window had to be closed every time somebody used the bathroom. The room had very little natural daylight coming in, which made the room quite dark.
The breakfast was good and quite extensive, but note that there was no smoked salmon, no muesli, no low fat options and a very limited choice of cheese.
The hotel also has a very relaxed pool bar with 2 hours of Happy Hour every day.
The location of the hotel is bad if you don't have your own transport because Kamala beach is not the most beautiful of beaches in Phuket. It has coarse sand and is not as well kept as Kata beach. However, the hotel is within driving distance of Laem Singh beach and Surin beach which are beautiful. Surin is also excellent for evening dining on the beach.
Both my son and I got food poisoning whilst we were there, but cannot guarantee it was from the food in the hotel. We had to call a private doctor which was expensive. We paid 10,000 baht for 2 consultations with medication. The hotel also made sure they looked after us after they knew we were sick. The food and beverage manager came to the room on a regular basis to offer us light food options in order to get better. They really went out of their way to make us feel better.
Overall, we had a pleasant and relaxed stay but I think Phuket has better hotel options for the same price elsewhere. Consider this hotel when you are travelling with young kids only. The pool has a waterslide and a kids club but beware that some of the nicer activities are payable (250 baht for nail painting)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kamala Beach just 30 minutes southwest of Phuket International Airport, Swissotel Resort Phuket is the ultimate resort retreat for friends, families and small groups seeking relaxing beach holidays. Designed for the discerning, modern traveller, Swissotel Resort Phuket offers a choice of one, two and three-bedroom suites. In addition to natural sun-kissed beaches and turquoise seas, the resort ensures the comfort of each guest with an extensive range of facilities including several dining options, a lagoon-style swimming pool, spa and fitness centre, Kids World and a wide array of recreational activities. For a corporate meeting, wedding or gala event the selection of eight meeting rooms, with capacity for up to 150 persons can be styled to suit personal tastes and requirements, while the event management team will ensure that world renowned Swiss hospitality and reliability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Courtyard Phuket Kamala Beach
- Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach