My family spent 5 days at the Swissotel Kamala in April 2014. We had a really pleasant stay and we would highly recommend this hotel. I'd like to thank the Management of for allowing us to check in early and out late. We flew in early and out late so this was really appreciated and appeared to be no trouble. If you have young children the kids package for the room is a great inclusion and our kids loved it. The rooms are well appointed with a kitchen and TV/DVD in the bedrooms and the main room. The beds are very firm but soft mattress topper can be requested. The bathroom is a bit too small but overall the room was a good size. The rooms are well appointed and very clean.
The hotel has good facilities. The pool is great for kids. It has a water-slide that provided hours of fun. The kids club is well appointed. Our 4 year old really enjoyed it but the 7 year old found little to do. He was also disappointed when advertised activities were cancelled without notice.
The restaurant was good value and has a wide range of Thai and western food. The kids menu is also good. We were never disappointed at any meal. We did complain about the number of cats that wander around the restaurant. Management promised to address this. This may be standard in Phuket but shouldn't occur. We didn't see them near the kitchen area and we don't believe they were a health issue. It is just off-putting to see a cat wandering through a quality restaurant.
The resort is a 5 minute stroll to the beach. Kamala Beach is more relaxed than Patong. It is much more suited to families. We had about half our meals at cheap restaurants along the beach. These are a great alternative to the hotel restaurant and are really cheap. We used the hotels Sand Box facility daily. This was really well run and good value. The weather was even perfect.
Overall we had a fantastic family holiday and would like to recommend the Swissotel Kamala.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kamala Beach just 30 minutes southwest of Phuket International Airport, Swissotel Resort Phuket is the ultimate resort retreat for friends, families and small groups seeking relaxing beach holidays. Designed for the discerning, modern traveller, Swissotel Resort Phuket offers a choice of one, two and three-bedroom suites. In addition to natural sun-kissed beaches and turquoise seas, the resort ensures the comfort of each guest with an extensive range of facilities including several dining options, a lagoon-style swimming pool, spa and fitness centre, Kids World and a wide array of recreational activities. For a corporate meeting, wedding or gala event the selection of eight meeting rooms, with capacity for up to 150 persons can be styled to suit personal tastes and requirements, while the event management team will ensure that world renowned Swiss hospitality and reliability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Courtyard Phuket Kamala Beach
- Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach