Swissotel Kamala was an amazing resort, the staff were fantastic and just couldn't do enough for us.We booked a 2 bedroom suite located on the 1st floor and it was wonderful, with air conditioner working very well which was a god send when you arent used to the heat and humidity of Thailand, and we come from Australia. Pool was fantastic and got used most day with lots of choices of resort activities. The cafe/restaurant had a wide variety of foods for the buffet breakfast as well as being open from 6am to 11pm you could always get food of pretty much any kind. There is a 10% service charge and 7% VAT but when you do the conversion back to our currency you were getting a restaurant quality meal for 4 people incl drinks for the price of Macca's at home. The pool had a swim up bar and the kids enjoyed that with the staff being again very attentive and friendly and they have mocktails for the younger patrons. The beach was a short walk away and there were always things to see and do down there from para sailing to massages and manicure/pedicure and hair beading and clothing stalls as well as tours and fish spa, something you just have to experience. Plenty of places to eat and drink close by too. Free pool and beach towels were a bonus as well. The resort was very well equipped and anything you couldn't get there you could from the mini mart that was a minute walk outside the front of the resort. If you wanted to go anywhere there was always a taxi or our preference a tuk-tuk available at very reasonable rates to take you wherever you wanted to go and then some. They were more than happy to wait for you and suggest other places to do and things to do as well. We found the staff and in fact any vendor you dealt with very good, and funny how they can pick the Aussies, we had many a laugh with lots of the market vendors in Patong.
I definitely have to agree with other reviewers though that the staff at the Swissotel and in fact everyone we came across in Phuket was wonderful, they are friendly and warm always ready to have a bit of a chat as best they can given the language barriers. 13 nights at the Swissotel and I would definitely recommend to any family needing more than a 1 room accommodation set up.
Oh just as a note always carry coins and perhaps wet wipes of some kind as you have to pay for public toilets and not all provide toilet paper. We paid from 10baht with paper at one toilet to 30baht at another with no paper so be prepared. Also be vary of drinking without a straw as the water quality isn't the same as where we come from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kamala Beach just 30 minutes southwest of Phuket International Airport, Swissotel Resort Phuket is the ultimate resort retreat for friends, families and small groups seeking relaxing beach holidays. Designed for the discerning, modern traveller, Swissotel Resort Phuket offers a choice of one, two and three-bedroom suites. In addition to natural sun-kissed beaches and turquoise seas, the resort ensures the comfort of each guest with an extensive range of facilities including several dining options, a lagoon-style swimming pool, spa and fitness centre, Kids World and a wide array of recreational activities. For a corporate meeting, wedding or gala event the selection of eight meeting rooms, with capacity for up to 150 persons can be styled to suit personal tastes and requirements, while the event management team will ensure that world renowned Swiss hospitality and reliability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelbag, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Courtyard Phuket Kamala Beach
- Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach