When we arrived after approx 20 hours of travel, including travelling to airports and stop overs we were exhausted. Having a 3 and a 5 year old all we wanted to do was get in our room, have a shower and a sleep. We were told by reception that we may need to wait till midday for our room to be available. This was a shock to us as we have never had to wait for a room when we have travelled internationally before!
Needless to say it was painful sitting in the lobby with 2 tired and unhappy children but there was nothing we could do to change it. To further my disappointment we could see people checking in after us and they were getting taken to their rooms. At approximately 11am I went to reception and asked if they could give me an update, the lady looked it up on the system and told me it was ready.... why didn't anyone let us know????
After the initial disappointment I must say we had a wonderful time staying at the hotel. The rooms were just what we needed (we booked 2x 2 bedroom suites as we were travelling with 4 adults and 4 children).
We had breakfast included and we are glad that we did it as there were lots of options available for all of us. We loved the breakfast but for lunch and dinner preferred to get out and taste all the beautiful food Thailand had to offer.
I have to commend Tiger one of the staff members at Swissotel, he really looked after us and made sure everyone was happy... All the food and beverage staff were also lovely...
The hotel is out of the hustle and bustle of Patong but only 400Baht (approx $12 AUS) to jump in a Tuk Tuk to get to Patong to shop and eat.
The only other issue we had was a leak in our air-conditioning which caused a puddle in our kitchen but when I advised the reception this was fixed promptly...
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for families as the pool (with waterslide), kids club and activities they have available are fantastic...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Kamala Beach just 30 minutes southwest of Phuket International Airport, Swissotel Resort Phuket is the ultimate resort retreat for friends, families and small groups seeking relaxing beach holidays. Designed for the discerning, modern traveller, Swissotel Resort Phuket offers a choice of one, two and three-bedroom suites. In addition to natural sun-kissed beaches and turquoise seas, the resort ensures the comfort of each guest with an extensive range of facilities including several dining options, a lagoon-style swimming pool, spa and fitness centre, Kids World and a wide array of recreational activities. For a corporate meeting, wedding or gala event the selection of eight meeting rooms, with capacity for up to 150 persons can be styled to suit personal tastes and requirements, while the event management team will ensure that world renowned Swiss hospitality and reliability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phuket At Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Courtyard Phuket Kamala Beach
- Swissotel Resort Phuket Kamala Beach