“Fantastic Location”

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband & I stayed at Cape Sienna for 7 nights from the 12th of October 2013 and highly recommend this lovely hotel. The views are spectacular and the staff are wonderful, the breakfast may not be as large a range as some hotels we have stayed at but was fresh & certainly up to standard. A 5 min walk into Kamala down the road and some great restaurants. Must try the Indian down on the beach front...best Indian we've had in years and don't be fooled by its location as its quite small doesn't look very fancy but Wow fresh cooked food! Cape Sienna is the perfect spot if you want a peaceful break away from the maddening crowds of Patong.

Room Tip: Stayed on 2 floor & all rooms have great views
2 Thank DEB255103
VanillaSky123, General Manager at Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear DEB255103,

thank you very much for your nice review.
We appreciate your feedback and are happy that you enjoyed yourself with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon again.

Frank Dreist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife & I stayed for 5 nights at Cape Sienna in September 2013 and absolutely loved our stay. When we booked online direct with the hotel we thought the deal they offered sounded too good to be true; our friends suggested the photos would be the hotel next door and we would be staying in a run down grotto. How wrong were they! The hotel is simply stunning and was far better than we ever expected.
The Room; our room was the cheapest available, and we found it offered everything we wanted including a great sea view and a balcony. The quality of fittings used in the bathroom and toilet is first class and the huge bed is one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in. Our only very small negative comment on the room is the airconditioning is just a bit too noisy; but that is common to a lot of modern hotels. Just turn it off and open the door.
The Food; breakfast has everything you could want on offer including chefs available who will cook anything you want. First class! Poolside food service was actually cheaper than we expected and offered quite good value. We spent a couple of days just lounging by the pool living like kings. We did find the prices on offer for the evening restaurant a bit too expensive, but that did not matter as we were happy to go exploring the local restaurants. Make sure you have a drink at the rooftop bar during happy hour; most amazing views.
The Hotel; promotes itself as child free, modern, chic and romantic. Fills all of those objectives. If you want a huge resort right on the beach with 4 pools and swim up bars etc, then don't stay here. If you want comfort, luxury, and great service in a mid size environment then this is it.
Kamala; the hotel is about 10 minutes walk to the beach and the town of Kamala. We were there during the wet season and the beach was very rough, so we were happy to swim in the hotel pool. During the dry season if you wanted a beach swim every day you need to be aware of a walk involved. The town offers heaps of local eating ranging from some very run down dubious looking beach shacks, to excellent beach restaurants and bars. Kamala suited us but if you need excitement, loud music and girlie bars then you need to catch a taxi to Patong. Shopping in Kamala is very poor. Very cheap massage etc on beach.
The taxis; I have read reviews of people blaming the hotel for a problem they have with taxis outside the hotel; they are just ignorant of the facts. Phuket taxis are split into regions, many based on the drivers religion. A taxi from outside the hotel will take you anywhere in Phuket, and a taxi from another region will take you to Kamala. But you can not arrange a taxi from another region (say Patong) to pick you up at the hotel as is breaks their rules. So don't blame the hotel if your phone call to a taxi or tour operator ends in problems; just go with the flow and chill out.
Any bad points: have to think hard to come up with anything bad worth mentioning.
Would I stay here again? Yes Yes Yes! great value when staying off peak.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank weiry51
Dear Weiry51,

thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful and detailed review.
We are so glad you enjoyed yourself and write so nicely about our resort and facilities.
Many thanks giving feedback on the taxi issue as well, you definitely nailed it....

We will be looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Malaysia,Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Me stay 4 days 3 night,Check in at 16 oct.Reception staff name Khwan and Dada is nice.
At Sienna Rock the staff also nice and helpful I lost my camera he help me find.
17 October 13,Morning2 already feel bad about the chef at the pool side.Me just want order the fried omelette.My friend and me is waiting for the omelette,I'm say to the chef fried omelette.The chef give me very rude face and ask me wait,he say want to give behind the customers first,is ok me come first he want give behind customer.Maybe im asia ppl not the white skin so need to wait.Is ok I do not mind to wait but pls do not give me see the rude face.My friend ask me back why the chef talk like to u....

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Gujarat
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I took a Jacuzzi suite and I must say that the room was just amazing. We had an unobstructed view of the sea from the balcony. The jacuzzi was big enough for two people and we had a huge room with a separate sitting area which we used for in-room dining and drinks.
Service was a bit slow as its a huge property and its about 6-7 kms away from Patong beach but it has a small market nearby. It has got amazing swimming pools and their infinity pool is just awesome. We stayed for 5 nights but lazed in the resort for 3 days :)

Nice property

I am a vegetarian Indian so food was a problem but otherwise its an excellent place to stay in Phuket

Room Tip: Take a Sea-Facing Jacuzzi Suite room. Preferably take on 2nd floor as it would have a nicer view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GauravThakrar
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Just got here a few hours ago, and am quite unhappy. To the point that I considered foregoing the money and maybe move to another hotel.

Everything from the arrival to the lift, and the rooms, are showing age. But that is not my problem right now.

I was first given a room which was probably the lowest possible floor, and instead of the "amazing views" I could see the rooftop of the building in front of me. After a bit of "I think I'll move to another hotel", I was moved to another room on the third floor. The room is clean, and not so bad. I get to the jacuzzi, and turns out the drain is broken. After about 30 minutes, they manage to drain the water, and now it would work "manually" by pulling the plug out with my nails, every time I want to change the water.

I just ordered room service, and the Red Snapper was more bone, less meat. On top of that it was so hard that I couldn't cut it with a steak knife.

I'm now waiting for a pizza (hopefully they can get that right).

Took almost 90 minutes from arrival to the hotel, before I could open my bags and settle down.

Not feeling very impressed, and probably will not be coming back. I'm not so uncomfortable now that I would forego a 4 day reservation.

The overall staff "courtesy" is very fake, and you can see the discontent behind their smiles.

Let's see what I have to say after 4 days here.

1 Thank Faisal Q
Penrith, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Sitting now at Cape sienna poolside having lunch. This place is fantastic. 3rd time now and it never fails to exceed expectations. 5 more days and will not want to go home. The pool is fantastic. Food is the best resort food in Thailand. Rooms are perfect. While here try some of the local massages, nail art along the beach, grab a cold beer while there. Bloody superb

Room Tip: Top floor of building no 2
2 Thank Chris C
Dear ChrisC,

thank you so much for your nice review and your continuous patronage.
Will definitely catch up with you next time for a chat.

Looking forward to Welcoming you Back soon again.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We booked with a great rate from TravelScoop for a 7 night stay, Our room was lovely and we found the staff to be generally helpful. Breakfast was very good, with a huge selection (and they happily provided gluten free bread for me).

If you want to take the shuttle to Patong you should book early - even when it wasn't super busy the trip was filled almost every day. You should also get in early to arrange airport transfer with the hotel as there is only one car to do this. We too had some troubles with the taxis - I am not clear on the extent of the hotel's condoning of the taxi mafia issue, but it did extend to us having to walk into Kamala to go on organised tours (inconvenient but a very short walk). We did find we were able to negotiate with the taxi drives, so the prices were less exorbitant than first quoted.

Room Tip: Choosing a room above the first floor will mean no power lines through your sea view - although the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Keemala
#4 of 36 in Kamala
Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Sunprime Kamala Beach

Been to Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!