Prior to arrival, I emailed Cape Sienna asking if I could check in early and also arranged for a private hotel transfer and requested a room at the highest level possible. To my delight, all my requests were granted.
The drive from the Airport to the Hotel was about 45 minutes without any delays, which is longer that what is advertised, however this was not a problem for us.
We stayed in the Seaview Jacuzzi Suite which had amazing views of Kamala Bay. We found the room amenities were pretty good, just the building is showing a few signs of wear and tear with visible cracks. Our room had a large shower with a big showerhead which was very comfortable to use after a day out. The bathroom sink however was not well designed because the basin is cut out of the painted cabinet which looked odd and was very shallow. Also didn’t use the outside Jacuzzi much because of the insects.
The Laundry service is also quite dear, but you can get your clothes cleaned elsewhere for much cheaper.
Buffet Breakfast is served at the Poolside Restaurant every morning between 6:30 – 10:30AM. They have a very good variety of both Asian and Western cuisine. The Restaurant has an open plan with doors left open so that you get the best views of the bay, however, the hot weather made it uncomfortable to eat there. The heat also meant that the fresh fruit was warm, even though they tried to keep it cool with ice under the plates. I would recommend closing the glass doors and turning on the Aircon, because there are also tables outside for guests who don’t mind the heat.
The Hotel is situated on a hill so it is a steep walk down to the beach. There’s also no footpath on some of the road so it can be dangerous. However it’s not a far walk so it’s really not that bad.
If you a book tour and the tour includes Hotel pick up and drop off, the Taxi’s will not cause any trouble if you are doing something special like going to Phi Phi Island or doing an Elephant Trek. This is because they know that this is a service that they cannot provide. However, if you want to do a simple tour of the Island and just need a driver, then this is where there will be conflict because this is a service that they can provide so they will be upset if someone from a different district comes to pick you up. This is not only a problem outside Cape Sienna, because you cannot even arrange to be picked up nearby because there are other Taxi’s around and the Tour Companies fear being seen. Therefore, if you just need a driver and don’t want to pay the Taxi’s outside the Hotel, then you probably need to catch a Taxi into Patong and get picked up from there. There is no problem with you getting dropped off at the Hotel though. That being said, we did heaps of tours and never had any problems. The Taxi’s outside 7/11 in Kamala charge about 100 Baht less than the ones outside Cape Sienna. And even though the Taxi’s outside the Hotel are a rip off, we did use their services twice and they are as friendly as anyone else. All Taxi’s in Phuket are a rip off anyway so there is not much you can do. The Hotel Shuttle is a minivan that only goes to Patong once a day, so you’ve got to book it early otherwise you might miss out. Would be good if there were extra Shuttle’s.
The Staff speak good English and are very friendly. You will always be greeted with a smile.
Kamala is a quiet location so you will have to pay expensive Taxi fares (400 Baht to Patong, and another 400 Baht back) if you want more dinning and shopping options. However, it is very quiet and peaceful and I would recommend staying at this Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Sienna is a new chic modern resort that brings sophisticated style of city living to the tropical beauty of Phuket. Designed as a retreat for the urbane cosmopolitan, the sleek accommodations and restaurants are all positioned to command stunning sea views from a dramatic west coast headland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Sienna Hotel And Villas
- Cape Sienna Resort
- Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas Kamala, Phuket