“A difficult one...”

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Lechlade
“A difficult one...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is one of the most difficult to quantify, it certainly is not 5 star in my book but has some great things & some that perhaps are just a matter of individual taste & previous experience.
The great bits....spacious room (with outdoor jacuszzi bath) fabulous well priced food, excellent bar facilities with great views, friendly staff & superb Spa treatments. The location is also pretty good. So far so good!
The not so great bits.....its is totally unsuitable for anyone who is not fit, steep stairs everywhere, the buildings are very industrial in style, I like minimal but corridors which resemble a block of flats are very noisy. The pool areas are too small & sadly the guests resort to reserving sunbeds, something I haven't encountered for many years! The staff whilst friendly failed to give us any introduction to the hotel beyond a welcome drink, the facilities for example apparently there is a courtesy bus service but no mention of it. Nice shower but little pressure which when queried by my husband it was suggested that he should use the gym facilities instead???
So I can't unlike some other reviewers rave about it as its a real mixed bag as far as I am concerned. I can only say research carefully & see if there are enough things to attract you to make a visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
VanillaSky123, General Manager at Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Amanda B,

thank you for your review.

There are so many positive things you write about us, from nice rooms, to food, friendly staff and superb spa treatments.
The style of Cape Sienna is modern and the higher buildings do have lifts, but there are also a few stairs.
We have well noted the shortcomings you mentioned and will most definitely look into them with our team to improve further.

Frank Dreist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed in a single-room (not the villa). It had a nice balcony which faces the sea. The whole hotel faces the sea and hence, has very nice views. The villas are separated from the rest of the hotel by a road, and are on the side closest to the sea. Hence, they have the best views. If you stay in a non-villa, try getting a higher-floor room so you wont see the road or the electricity lines so easily. My room had the 3000 series numbers and the view was fairly unobstructed.

The restaurant, pool and spa are also facing the sea. The staff are friendly and helpful. My room was very clean in general and well appointed. However, there is an slight odor coming from the toilet each time i come back to the hotel. Upon activating the air-cond and hence, the toilet ventilator, the odor seemed to disappear. Hence, i didn't report to management.

Food is good and so was the spa. Overall, a very nice hotel if you're into quiet and nice ocean views. I'll come back again.

Room Tip: If stay in non-villa try getting rooms higher up.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Lukas L,

thank you for your nice review.

Happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcome you back soonest.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We used Asiawebdirect to book all our accommodation in Phuket .
I must admit when we arrived we were blown away by the View , the room size and the breath taking sea view .

The staff were friendly , they had guides to assist in booking your tours , the internet was available at all times and the evening dinners were great .

A very quite romantic getaway .

The rooms including the bathroom were spacious and the nice part was that the toilt was separate to the shower itself , always great esp when you sharing and someone needs to use the toilet while one is showering .

The view is breathtaking and its a great stay away from the noise, but central to a lot ….

Room Tip: Ocean View is a must
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Denuga
Dear Denuga,

thank you for your fantastic review.
We are more than delighted that you enjoyed your romantic getaway with us.

Looking forward to Welcome you back soon.

Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

We arrived at Cape sienna late on a Saturday night. We couldn't see the countryside on the way to the hotel and also couldn't see the surrounding areas from the lobby.

Once we were taken to our room, we were astounded by the quality of the suite and the jacuzzi on the balcony was to die for. We couldn't wait for the sun to come up some could see the view. We were most certainly not disappointed. Morning came and we were taken aback by the beautiful sea view.

As we made our way to breakfast, the poolside restaurant looked like something out of a postcard. Having breakfast there everyday is nothing less than paradise.

Staff are attentive and friendly, cocktails are affordable and delicious. The vanilla sky bar is the perfect for a drink or two at the end of the day. The sun lounges by the pool are a great way to while away the day, however you need to get there super early to reserve a seat.

We're leaving tomorrow to head to koh samui and can only hope our next venue is as good as this one!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear James L,

Thank you so much for your great review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our resort and services and hope you had a good stay in Koh Samui as well.

Looking forward to Welcome you back soonest.

Woodlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by a colleague when I was asking around for a romantic location for my anniversary surprise for my partner. Initially, I was skeptical about choosing the hotel because I knew very little about the beach it was located at and considering that it was not near the hot-spots but I decided to go ahead because of the raving reviews from my colleague.

To begin with, the reservations process was a smooth process and I was assisted by the most helpful Reservation Clerk, Ms Rattiya (Pui) Kaewthai. She accommodate to my request to decorate the room for my anniversary surprise and even recommended me to a dinner at Plum Restaurant because of the romantic scenic view. In addition, when the wine that I initially ordered was not in stock, she immediately informed and recommended me another bottle of similar variety. Needless to say, I was really impressed with her service. I had to say, through the correspondence, I was sure that my plans to surprise my partner would go smoothly, giving me peace of mind.

When we reached Phuket Airport, our airport transfer service was already there with my name on its board. I couldn’t get his name but I was pleasantly surprised that he had made eye contact immediately after we stepped out of the arrival hall as though he knew us. The check-in and check-out service was one of the best service that I have ever encountered during my travels. We were treated as valued guests, as though their main attention was only to us.

When we have reached the room, it was beautifully decorated (as per pictures). The view of the sea was impeccable and everything was as planned. Even though it rained heavily for the three nights we were there, we managed to enjoy ourselves very much during the whole trip. On the second night (I think!), we had housekeeping to turnover our room and I was really touched that they actually left a note for us to have sweet dreams. Needless to say, every aspects of the hotel was a thumbs-up from the moment I made a reservation, to the moment I had to bid adieu.

My partner was more than pleased with the whole trip. Both of us are hoteliers, thus, we were really delighted that this hotel has exceeded our expectations!

This hotel is definitely one that I will return to and it will definitely be one that I rave about to other. Even till now, after other trips, my partner still mentioned how Cape Sienna Hotel has the best customer service that he has encounter and I definitely agree!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ishalicious,

thank you for your detailed and raving review.
We appreciate your feedback and are happy that you enjoyed yourself with us and that your partner is still mentioning us having great customer service.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed at Cape Sienna for a night. The place is really beautiful except for the high voltage electricity cable blocking the sea view. I am pleased with the front desk staff, they are very attentive and served us drinks also choose the scent for toiletries. The room is beautiful and clean however the only things is the quilt is too thin which is not warm enough for a night sleep.
And the view from the room is breathtakings. We went for dinner outside, and requested for a shuttle service. And it was great..we only waited for like 5 mins and the hotel driver pick us to our destination. All is good on the first day. The next day we went for breakfast. The breakfast was great and many varieties of foods. I'm in love with the pool side with the sea view. The staffs at pool are friendly. After hanging out at the pool, time for us to check out and go for lunch. We were dissapointing with the front desk staff. They told us they do not have a free shuttle to our lunch place. Which is completely opposite from last night. And while checking out they told us our slippers missing. It was frustrated since they keep asking us which we explained that one left at the pool and one near to the bed. The front desk staff is so rude.. they are like accusing of taking the slippers by asking us signing a receipt "miceallenous charges" eventhough they dont charged us. We felt insulted the way they handled the situation. Anyway, we walked to the restaurant we went last night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear GraceC21,

thank you for your review.
Although you seemed to have enjoyed quite a bit of our hotel facilities some miscommunication have spoiled your otherwise good stay.
Our free shuttle runs on specific times and is not always available if booked out.
About the slippers: Indeed those are not gifts and if guests take them we will need to check. As you have left them at the pool we could not possibly know whom they belong too. I do apologize for this causing an inconvenience to you. We will take this as an example of how to improve our handling in this situation and brief our staff carefully.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We arrived here a couple of days ago following an incredibly noisy stay at mai khao lak beach resort and spa. On our honeymoon, all we wanted was some quiet and romance and we certainly got it :) this place is beautiful, from the moment you check in, the lobby is airy and light filled and offers a beautiful view of the ocean. The pool, while small compared to other resorts, sits in the centre of the main restaurant and is a lovely centerpiece. And they don't allow kids under 12 which is fantastic for a couple on their honeymoon!

Beds are soft, shower fits two comfortably, and jacuzzi on the deck was relaxing and private. The only complaint I have are the doors, when people shut their doors it is noisy and you can hear every movement, every conversation that passes by your room. It was quite irritating in the morning as it woke me up. Also the air con works great but blows straight onto your bed. I've actually come down with a cold because of it.

That being said, everything else here is great. After overdosing on Thai food for a few days, it was great to finally have some western food...the diablo pizza was amazing, and American beef burger done well. Cocktails at happy hour are generous and deliciously good value, I recommend doing happy hour from 3 to 5 at sienna rocks. We also did the Monday night seafood and meat BBQ buffet which was really delicious, highly recommended. The food is more expensive here but good quality and good portion sizes and still good value compared to Australian prices.

I've really enjoyed rejuvenating here and finally getting some romance and quiet on our honeymoon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear crmtravelbug,

thank you so very much for your detailed and great review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us greatly and had a chance to sample some of our nice food.

Looking forward to Welcome you back soon,

Frank Dreist
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
U Zenmaya Phuket
U Zenmaya Phuket
#4 of 36 in Kamala
Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Kamala Beach Resort (a Sunprime Resort)

Been to Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!