This was our 3rd stay at Cape Sienna & in some ways it's a difficult review to write. Firstly we love Cape Sienna, our booking was for the week following the coup and the staff were great in keeping us informed about what was happening and even assured us that if we felt we couldn't do our trip safely they would be happy to refund our full payment (which technically they didn't have to do), so a very good response from them. As the airports didn't become involved we were sure we'd be fine to go ahead with our travel plans & we are glad we did. You wouldn't even have been aware there was anything happening there. If you hadn't heard or read about it in the news.
The resort is very well maintained. We booked the base room which is a Studio & is lovely, plenty big enough for two & it still feels like a new resort. The bed is comfortable, the room very clean, and furnishings very pleasing to the eye. The shower is separate to the toilet & sink (our shower had great pressure too). The scent we chose for our toiletries on arrival wasn't put into our room but that didn't worry us as the one in there was nice anyway.
I don't know why people get on here & complain about the resort being on a hill, away from the beach/Kamala/Patong, do your research people, it's all stated there. There are also very few places you can go any where that you don't see a power line somewhere that you look. Also any one who's been to Phuket knows the situation with the taxi's (which it seems like is changing now anyway), but come on guys, the cost of a taxi here is nothing like their exorbitant costs at home.
Without exception the staff are all great, and the Vanilla Sky Bar has to be one one of the best spots in Phuket to enjoy a cocktail & spectacular sunset. I also treated myself to a massage at the resort spa & was very glad I did.
There were only two things we felt let down about with this stay, firstly was the food, while it is ok we found the breakfasts to be very predictable & didn't change much (great congee though). On previous stays there have always been BBQ nights, Thai Food nights etc, which had very good food variety at reasonable prices, we wondered if the lower guest numbers had made these nights not viable this year. We just find it sad to say that the best & tastiest meal we had during our stay was had at a local beach hut.
The second disappointment was our main reason for choosing this resort is that it has a "no children under 12" policy which is very clearly stated both on their website & all booking sites. We love children don't get us wrong, but we don't wish to holiday with them, & have had many a holiday spoilt by children being allowed to run wild in & around the resort & pool. So it was very surprising to see young children there on half the days of our stay, so we felt some what misled. Having said that most of the children we encountered there were well behaved and not around for too long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Sienna is a new chic modern resort that brings sophisticated style of city living to the tropical beauty of Phuket. Designed as a retreat for the urbane cosmopolitan, the sleek accommodations and restaurants are all positioned to command stunning sea views from a dramatic west coast headland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Sienna Hotel And Villas
- Cape Sienna Resort
- Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas Kamala, Phuket