“Amazing”

Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was absolutely amazing. Bought a scoopon deal, which included flights, and stayed for 1 week in a junior suite room with ocean views. The hotel is clean, room was cleaned daily, the staff are so friendly and welcoming, food is delicious and the views are beautiful overlooking the water. Taxis are cheap so whenever you need to go anywhere just let the hotel staff know what time and you will have a taxi waiting out front.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KrazeeeL
VanillaSky123, General Manager at Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear KrazeeL,

thank you for your amazing review.

We are glad you had a fab time with us and enjoyed our product, services and food.

Looking forward to Welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Awesome hotel located about a 10 min walk from Kamala. The restaurants & bars are priced very competively with the local restaurants so if you don't want to leave the resort, you don't feel ripped off eating at the resort. The pools are just awesome & well maintained, which i find of utmost importance when spending so much time in the water.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Athomeonthesea

Dear Pyromac,

thank you for your lovely review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially mention our pricing policy. I believe we are one of the very, very few hotels where all prices are net and not plus plus and we truly work hard to give Best value for money.

Looking forward to Welcome you back soon.

With Best REgards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked 2 nights at Jacuzzi Room for our honeymoon.

The whole concept of the hotel, including the Jacuzzi room is very modern and soothing. It suits our personality a lot as we spent most of the time at the balcony or Jacuzzi reading a book or just observing the tide. Some of the things that I don't see often in other hotels include the aromatic scent at night and the thick bathroom slippers which I appreciated.

However, the basin and shower design niggles me as dirty water do not flow to the drain immediately. The shower drain looks pretty clogged too. The glass at the Jacuzzi is also so high that when I sit down, I can't really see anything. I just felt what a waste.

The breakfast was decent though it was not the best selection that I had in Thailand's hotels. On the other hand, I also had the worst Phad Thai with pork during lunch at the poolside restaurant.That is not acceptable to me for a hotel-priced dish.

I visited the gym and it was one of the most impressive gyms I had ever seen for a hotel. It is a pity nobody uses it (neither did I have the time this time) or comment about it.

The spa in this hotel was also fantastic too but expect it at hotel price. I tried the Cape Sienna Massage and I love the combination.

This hotel is still a little isolated in my opinion. The nearest 7-11 is about 10 minutes walk and the kamala beach is about 20 minutes walk. There is only one shuttle to kamala every morning and one shuttle to Patong in the evening. The one to Patong is also always full though I managed to book the day before. Other than that, if I had wanted to get to other parts of Phuket, I will have to deal with the notorious ridiculous tuktuk fare. Speaking of which, I wonder if the hotel could provide more regular shuttle service to Patong though.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay thoroughly and will consider going back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank auzag

Dear Auzag,

thank you for your nice review.

You have mentioned a few design issues and I have asked my engineers to check the shower, as we usually have no such issues with drainage.
The glass at the Jacuzzi unfortunately has to be that high for safety laws.

I have discussed the issue about the Pad Thai with our Chef and he is retraining the staff again. It is a dish which we sell a lot and get lots of good feedback, so one of our cooks must have really had a bad day, for which we apologize.

What concern isolation: In fact the nearest 7/11 is about 350m from the hotel entrance and the beach about 450m. Most of the guests staying with us do prefer the distance to Patong, to be able to be in 'peace' but still not too far away from it. We are the nearest you can get to Patong without staying there in a way.

We are glad that despite some of the issues you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to Welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed just for 2 nights at Cape Sienna and really enjoyed our stay (with a few exceptions). The lobby and pool area are just lovely. Amazing views over the water, very well designed, very comfortable, and just overall really appealing. You can also walk down to Sienna Rocks for a slightly more secluded pool area. It's pretty small but there were never many people there.

The hotel is perfectly located (in my opinion) up from Kamala Beach. It is NOT on the beach, but then you wouldn't get the amazing views. I definitely recommend a sunset drink at the Vanilla Sky Bar (complete with prawn chips). We were given a room with an equally amazing view (although they wouldn't all have that) and were really pleased with it.

Although there are always minor improvements that can be made, my one big complaint is that the restaurant and bar staff (Vanilla Sky and Plum) refused to give us free water. It's as easy as boiling water and putting it over ice but they insisted that our only option was to buy a 90BHT small water bottle that costs 10BHT at the 711 down the street. I think this is extremely cheap of the hotel and pretty ridiculous of an international standard restaurant. I hope management will change this...a small effort that makes a big difference. The pool staff happily provided us with free ice water earlier that day so we found this all a bit odd.

As many reviews have mentioned, transportation options are overpriced and slim. The only option is to use the hotel's taxi. However, I also realize this is Phuket and they're just trying to be competitive.

To end on a positive note, we decided to venture into Patong one day for lunch and within 10 minutes of seeing what Patong had to offer (nothing) we were back in a tuk tuk to Cape Sienna. We very much enjoyed our two days relaxing at Cape Sienna and despite some minor issues, we would stay again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the upper floors to get a good view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank DJ1802

Dear DJ1802,

thank you for your good review and feedback.

We have well noted your comment about the 'free water' and I have briefed my staff accordingly. In fact they do usually first ask the customer if they prefer still or sparkling water, being our more upmarket restaurant. However if guests so require will serve 'free water'.

Glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and our location, being peaceful but not far away from the 'hussle & buzzle" of Patong if so required.

With best Regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked this Resort for 2 Nights . We travelled as a honeymooner . We booked Sea View Jacuzzi Deluxe Room .

Room :
1. Beautiful view
2. Jacuzzi in Balcony

Service :
1. Hotel Management responds to mail solves issue .
2. I asked for Check in at 12 Noon they did it . Usual check in time 2:00 PM
3. Room Service speedy ( Asked for water in middle of night )
4. Spa is good . ( Got one for one free offer . July Deals )
5. Breakfast is good , Various options and its fulfilling .
6. Plum restaurant is good . I hope they add more items to the offering .

Overall : Stay at hotel was good . Would recommend it .

Tip : Get your room on High Floor and definitely Sea View . 2nd floor and above

Room Tip: Get your room on High Floor and definitely Sea View . 2nd floor and above
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Orestdinho,

thank you very much for your nice review.

We are happy you enjoyed your short stay with us and that my team responded well to solve an apparent issue you had.

Looking forward to Welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Don't go there. All of the negative posts are spot on. I atayed there for 3 nights and it was awful. Service was poor. Taxis we're dreadful and expensive. The food and drinks were too expensive and not good at all. This hotel tries to be a hotel that it simply is not and can't deliver on. Awful.

Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank YoBasso

Dear YoBasso,

We are very sad that your experience with us was not enjoyable and we would have liked to hear from you directly what exactly it was that you were unhappy with, as just saying all is bad, does not help the readers nor us.
Yes, of course we do get negative reviews, and do appreciate to here where we can still improve, but the positives are much more frequent and mostly our guests are happy with what we offer and our services as well.

Should you wish to let us know what happened, please do write to me directly: frank@capesienna.com

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We just had 4 nights at Cape Sienna & absolutely loved it. The entire place is gorgeous & the pool areas are just brilliant. Don't miss happy hour in the sky bar. A real treat with tapas & beers at sunset over the Andaman sea.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear David M,

many thanks for a nice review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to be able to Welcome you back soon again.

Best Regards,

Frank Dreist

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
#4 of 35 in Kamala
Kalima Resort & Spa
Kalima Resort & Spa
#61 of 384 in Kathu

Been to Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!