I think that this hotel may be marketing itself incorrectly. Although it gives the impression of minimalist luxury, it really turned out just to be a basic (maybe a slight step above that) hotel in Phuket. The Sea View room that we stayed in was fine, although it kind of had that ubiquitous mold smell one often finds in beach hotels. The "Sleep in Heaven" beds were unmemorable, and the fixtures in the room were cheap. As one poster noted, the soap and shampoo were in big pump bottles in the shower, which is common in Thailand, but the quality wasn't particularly nice, and the bottles were often clogged. Also, they never gave you extra toilet paper! Essentially, there were absolutely no attention to detail at Cape Sienna.
The breakfast was adequate--you can get eggs and fruit and toast. At the pool, it was much easier to go to the bar to order food and drinks and to pay your bill rather than to wait for someone to come over to you. Also, we were there when the hotel was quite full, and there often weren't enough seats for everyone at the pool. Because everyone is so crammed together around the pool and on the terrace (which does have a very nice view), you have to smell everyone's cigarette smoke. We hate that.
It was nice to sit at the Vanilla Sky Bar, on the top of the hotel, for happy hour at night--the drinks are a good value and the view is divine. We would recommend going to the Vanilla Sky Bar even if someone was not staying at Cape Sienna.
If you dislike the beach (there is no beach access), would rather sit by a pool, aren't planning to see the rest of Phuket (see the other posters' comments on getting a taxi), and can get a really good deal at this hotel, then it probably will be fine. It's newer, the food is OK, the view is spectacular, and the staff is very pleasant. Just don't expect the overall quality of a 5-star hotel.
One last note: although children under 12 are supposedly not allowed, there were very small children there during our stay. This wouldn't normally be something to mention, but they were sitting in one of the outdoor Jacuzzis playing and shrieking--for hours. The room doors are thin, so everyone could hear them, plus they showered probably millions of gallons of water down the side of the hotel. Although we complained, they continued on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Sienna is a new chic modern resort that brings sophisticated style of city living to the tropical beauty of Phuket. Designed as a retreat for the urbane cosmopolitan, the sleek accommodations and restaurants are all positioned to command stunning sea views from a dramatic west coast headland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Sienna Hotel And Villas
- Cape Sienna Resort
- Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas Kamala, Phuket