“Outstanding”

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Oakland, California
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We've been tardy in writing this review, but here's the long and the short of it. We stayed at the Paresa for nine days for our holiday, and every single one of those days was extraordinary.

Pros: breathtaking views over the sea, lovely well-designed rooms, private plunge pools with every room, great food, kind and attentive staff, truly beautiful main infinity pool, responsive service, great cooking class...I could go on. Suffice it to say that my bride and I had all of our expectations exceeded.

Cons: the floors in the bath rooms can get a bit slick when wet (a minor inconvenience), my once white shirt was turned pink in their laundry (but they did comp the service fee and provided some money toward replacement)...neither of these detracted from our time there.
Be aware...the hotel is outside of town...all the towns. There is really no easy way to get to town without either a cab or using the resort's car service.
Here's the long version. We stumbled across the resort while searching for an truly memorable honeymoon. We were picked up at the airport as soon as our flight landed and were thrilled with our choice as soon as we walked into the open lobby. Our first room was and Aqua Suite, which was lovely and well appointed. The trees provided great privacy for the pool.

Being the off-season, the resort was more than willing to let us try other rooms. So after two nights we upgraded to a Dima Suite. This is a spectacular room. A nice elevated seating area inside and the most incredible bathroom you have ever seen. It is entirely outdoors, so be prepared, but the uniqueness of it is well worth the brief mental adjustment needed. The infinity pool winds its way around the bathroom, so I could go for a short swim while my wife sat in the tub. Trees again provided privacy, and the ability to stand outside, enjoying the night air while getting ready for bed was amazing. This was our favorite room of them all largely because it is so unique.

After four nights in the Dima we upgraded again to a Cielo. This is a truly massive, beautiful room. It is broken up into three spaces - the sleeping area and bathroom, a sitting room and dining room that can be either open or closed off with glass doors and a kitchen. A giant infinity pool is cantilevered over the edge of the building (the Cielo's are at the top of each building). You get uninterrupted views and really feel like king of the place.

So those were the rooms...the other aspect that set this resort apart was the service. Everyone was friendly and outgoing, meeting needs before we even realized we needed them. Given that it was the off season, staff members took us into to town, showed us around markets and temples and made sure we went to the right Thai places rather than the tourist centers. We highly, highly recommend you take advantage of the cooking classes, they are fun and very useful. And you must, MUST do one of the night dinners in the main infinity pool. It is a once in a lifetime experience.

Perhaps the highest praise I can give is that my wife and I have already discussed going back, 14 hour flight and all. We've held off for now, but we know we'll return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yoshixb
Paresa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
Thank you for your "Outstanding" review, its fantastic to hear of our team exceeding your expectations. We look forward to your return visit to Paresa

Scot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2011

We has stayed at Andara 6mths earlier so we knew we would be hard to please going to Paresa, as Andara has amazing rooms and Spa facilitites.
We stay at high end resorts in the world 2 or 3 times a year so we have high expectations.
But we need not have worried. It was from start to end a fabulous experience. Staff, rooms, location were amazing.
We stayed in Cliff Villa 307, it had a view that words and pictures cannot describe adequately. The sunsets were worth the stay alone.
Staff for most part have little conversational english, but they try so hard to please the customers, so was not an issue. Best staff on visit were Ja-Aey,Mon and Anupong.

If we were to be critical it would be the Spa experience for the price was below average, and the food was quite bland and tasteless. I dont mind paying alot of money for a great Spa experience, sadly this was just very average, Andara have a far better Spa and therapists.
Alas the Thai meals were great, but the Italian menu was extremely bland and tasteless, a shame really.
We decided to go to Patong 2 days in a row for Spa treatments and meals as they were better value and also better quality and variety.

We will ABSOLUTELY return to Paresa this year for a short stay, it was just beautiful. Scot made his presence known to clients which was also a nice touch to the trip.

We highly recommend this resort, the rooms,views,staff and nature make it a great 5* experience.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rothsberg
The team and I here at Paresa look forward to welcoming you back to your Cliff Pool Villa! it will be ready and awaiting your return.

Brasilia
Reviewed 19 March 2011

After a very long search for a great hotel in Phuket, I decided on the Paresa and The Racha. The Paresa is one of the greatest hotels I've ever been to (and I've been to many) in all aspects.
I agree with the previous reviewer: it is not IN Kamala beach or IN Patong, but if that's what you're looking for, you're in the wrong place. I chose to have some peace and quiet most of the time and only go to Patong when I felt like being in the middle of the noise and the crowd (which I did only once since I did not feel like leaving this spetacular hotel). The unique location, perched above the hills of Kamala, grants you wonderful views which you'd never get in Patong or in a hotel in front of the beach (for that I went to The Racha). You get to see a never ending ocean and storms forming kilometers away!
Service is great and they're always smiling and extremely polite. Never had a problem with the English of the staff (as another reviewer pointed out).
Booked a cooking class (with a trip to the market) and it was certainly the best cooking class with the best view ever (the design of the hotel is to die for: from the views from absolutely everywhere to the pool villas made of glass).
Stayed in a Acqua Villa and the view from the bathtub and the adjoining infinity pool (they are separated by a glass window!) is to die for. You could spend all day there. The few times we ventured out of out gorgeous room were to have great food at the restaurant (we even had a 8 corse menu with beer pairing/harmonization one night!) and to have their infinity pool to ourselves.
There's some walking to do around the Paresa from the lobby/restaurant to the villas (including steps), but that (short) distance gives you privacy. If you do not feel like walking, you can call your "angel" and he'll promptly show up in a golf cart.
The only minus I would like to point out is, as another reviewer already said: "the glass door surrounding the toilet does not lend to privacy".

In short: loved the Paresa!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carolinne
Paresa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
Dear Carolinne
Thank you for choosing to stay at Paresa and glad to hear your enjoyed our resort so much. The Brewmaster dinner that you joined was definitely a great evening and we will plan more with our culinary team. Its great to hear you had no problems with English here as our full time English teacher has been working hard with our team.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

San Francisco
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Just finished my stay at Paresa Resort in the Aqua Pool Suite. And while there are some pros there are definitely cons. I'll keep it short and sweet.

Pros: Beautiful view perched above the cliffs of Kamala; Well appointed BIG rooms, Very friendly service staff, Very private, exclusive resort, Ecofriendly(lots of lush vegetation)

Cons: Very far removed from Kamala and Patong for that matter. Taxi to Patong costs a whopping 700 baht, and the hotel charges 800baht. I think because the hotel is so far, it should definitely compensate by charging less than the taxi mafia. It takes 10-15 min to get to Kamala town alone. Lush vegetation also means bugs and insects everywhere, cannot relax poolside without ants crawling on me. Very disappointing breakfast(eggs were watery and hash browns looked like that came from the microwave), definitely not what I expect from a 5 star resort. Glass door surrounding toilet does not lend to privacy. Some service members have very limited english. Thai dinner at resort definitely EXPENSIVE and AVERAGE. Spotty wifi.

I would recommend this hotel only for romantic honeymooners who want to stay at the resort the entire trip and cannot be bothered to explore the rest of Phuket.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dandan76
Thank you for choosing Paresa for your tropical holiday. We value your comments and surprised on your comments about the breakfast, I can assure you no microwave is ever used and I am investigating and reviewing the food with our Kitchen team to ensure this experience doesn't happen again and ensure nice crispy hash browns.
The Taxi pricing on the island is something hotels cannot control like in other countries, however we have now introduced a free shuttle service to Kamala available all day for our guests.

washington dc usa
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I think that is the English translation from sanskrit for this unique resort.
Stayed in a Dima Spa suite for 4 nights, oh how I wish I could stay longer.
Enjoyed everything - the view from our pool, the food in the restaurant, the "common" pool (had it all to ourselves), the spa, the fitness center and Kamala beach (great people watching)...
The service was incredible. One night we had a private dinner by the common pool, and that too was amazing. Used room service once and it took no more than 5 minutes to get my glass of wine!
Perhaps not the best choice for the very old, physically impaired or families with small children, there are some stairs to climb since Paresa is hanging on to a cliff.
Overall - you get what you pay for here. I can't wait to come back for Christmas.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind review and choosing Paresa for your holiday. We look forward to welcoming you make for Christmas.
The infinity dining on the pool is special as you mentioned and something we recommend all guests to book, truly romantic.

Reviewed 24 February 2011

Brand new resort , excellentvservice, quiet and with incredible view, best t hai restaurant of phuket, at least twice better than the renowned Baan Rim Pa.
The interior design is of great moment, and the rest of the resort was built with maniacal attention to' every particular.
Only weak point: the rocky Beach under the resort is still unaccessible, so need going to' the Kamala Beach.......a journey!
Great choice and one of the best hotel i have ever stayed

• Stayed February 2011
Thank you for choosing Paresa for your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.
We now have all day free shuttle service to our beach club at Kamala which I am sure guests will enjoy.

Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I am a danish journalist travelling around the world making tv from different places. I have been travelling all over the world, but this time in Thailand I was very impressed by 2 Hotels. Paresa was one and very interesting - the people working there are very service minded, and you feel at home with a 5 star on top. The rooms spacy, and the surroundings are like a adventure in Afrika. In the Hotel they have a special kitchen where the guest can learn to make the local food. The spa is one of the best I have seen.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Scot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Andara Resort and Villas
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 95 in Thalang District

Been to Paresa Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!