We stayed there for 2 nights at an Aqua Pool Suite. I have to say that the check in process with them is extremely unsatisfactory and full of anger, but it did turn out to be fine after all.
- Privacy: the hotel provides different private pool villa which are spacious and offer a very good romantic getaway for couple
- Very Spacious Room with a King-sized bed and a huge day-bed, while bath room is large too with seperate bath-tub and 2 shower areas (a proper one and an outdoor shower next to the private pool), 2 sinks are available for him to shave and her to put on make up!
- The private pool is alright, DO NOT EXPECT a huge one though (for us is fine cause we do understand private pool villa always come with a tiny pool only and we are totally happy with it!)
- The VIEW!! The Sea View is fantastic, although it is not a full-open view (they've planted trees in front of the villa but this is how you have your privacy and provide good protection from the direct sunlight!). During night time, you can lied next to the pool and look at the stars up on the sky!! A highly recommendation!!!
- The infinity pool (for all residents of hotel): the best pool I have ever experienced, a medium-large size pool which you can do proper swimming with a fantastic open sea view of Andaman Sea!!!
- Infinity Pool Dinner! A must for couple, private dinner setting at the infinity pool which you can start by a champagne during the sunset and follow up with dinner (food quality? who cares under this kind of environment!)
- Breakfast of good Quality! it comes with buffet (fruit, cold-cuts, juice, cereal, bread, etc.) plus an a la carte main course.
- The bed is too soft (maybe we used to sleep on harder ones....)
- NOT enough power socket.... we can only find one in the bathroom while all the others are occupied by either phone or lamp (OR Maybe we cannot find it.....). We end up unplug the phone and charge our stuff....
- Service.... not saying that they are bad but not up to 5-star standard. Also, the English of most of staff there are below standard.......
The Unsatisfactory Experience:
- During the day of my check-in, I arrive at 2.30pm (official check in time is 2pm), they were telling me that the room was not ready yet. (however, I have sent an email the day before and informing my arrival time will be around 2pm and they have replied with confirmation!). We ended up waiting for 45 mins until the room is "ready" (while waiting... they are NOT offering any complimentary drinks until we asked for it.....)
- After 45mins (i.e. 3.15pm - 1 hr 15 mins later than the official check in time), we were surprisingly leaded to a lower-floor villa (I have stated clearly on my email that requesting a upper-level one if available while obviously the hotel was not fully-booked during our stay). It is still acceptable as room request at hotel is never guaranteed.... HOWEVER, what scared me is that when we walked inside the room, there is still a cleaner there fixing the pool... how on earth can you lead your guest to an "un-ready" room while they have already waited for 45 minutes.......
- Before the stay, I have requested a birthday cake (for my partner's birthday) to be ready in the room while we check in and they have replied with confirmation. However, the cake is nowhere in the room when we were there (except a cleaning man at the pool...).
- Finally..... they have their manager spoke to me and after I have asked, the room at the upper floor is vacant so I suggested they offer me that room and have the cake ready before I moved upstairs... Yup... this is what I suggested.... what they were suggesting is bring me the cake to the room that I was staying (lower-floor one)..... Good thing is that they do accept suggestion and finally we moved to the much better room (the difference between upper and lower floor is that lower floor is almost 90% shaded....).
In general, I still enjoyed my stay a lot with their fantastic room, view and facilities (the infinity pool and private dinner). If we put aside the bad check-in experience, it is really a heaven-like place!!!
I wish them improve the service standard in the future and be a real heaven for travelers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paresa Resort, "Heaven of all Heavens," is a truly unique hideaway-style luxury resort surrounded by lush tropical forest on Kamala's "Millionaires Mile." The breathtaking location is paired with uninterrupted Andaman sea views, two coveted restaurants serving genuine Mediterranean and authentic Thai cuisine, an award-winning spa and personalized Bespoke Experiences offered by our own adventure guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Paresa Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paresa Hotel Kamala
- Paresa Resort Phuket Kamala