“Great Place for a Romantic Getaway (perfect if service is better...)”

Paresa Resort Phuket
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Hong Kong, China
“Great Place for a Romantic Getaway (perfect if service is better...)”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights at an Aqua Pool Suite. I have to say that the check in process with them is extremely unsatisfactory and full of anger, but it did turn out to be fine after all.

Pros:
- Privacy: the hotel provides different private pool villa which are spacious and offer a very good romantic getaway for couple
- Very Spacious Room with a King-sized bed and a huge day-bed, while bath room is large too with seperate bath-tub and 2 shower areas (a proper one and an outdoor shower next to the private pool), 2 sinks are available for him to shave and her to put on make up!
- The private pool is alright, DO NOT EXPECT a huge one though (for us is fine cause we do understand private pool villa always come with a tiny pool only and we are totally happy with it!)
- The VIEW!! The Sea View is fantastic, although it is not a full-open view (they've planted trees in front of the villa but this is how you have your privacy and provide good protection from the direct sunlight!). During night time, you can lied next to the pool and look at the stars up on the sky!! A highly recommendation!!!
- The infinity pool (for all residents of hotel): the best pool I have ever experienced, a medium-large size pool which you can do proper swimming with a fantastic open sea view of Andaman Sea!!!
- Infinity Pool Dinner! A must for couple, private dinner setting at the infinity pool which you can start by a champagne during the sunset and follow up with dinner (food quality? who cares under this kind of environment!)
- Breakfast of good Quality! it comes with buffet (fruit, cold-cuts, juice, cereal, bread, etc.) plus an a la carte main course.

Cons:
- The bed is too soft (maybe we used to sleep on harder ones....)
- NOT enough power socket.... we can only find one in the bathroom while all the others are occupied by either phone or lamp (OR Maybe we cannot find it.....). We end up unplug the phone and charge our stuff....
- Service.... not saying that they are bad but not up to 5-star standard. Also, the English of most of staff there are below standard.......

The Unsatisfactory Experience:
- During the day of my check-in, I arrive at 2.30pm (official check in time is 2pm), they were telling me that the room was not ready yet. (however, I have sent an email the day before and informing my arrival time will be around 2pm and they have replied with confirmation!). We ended up waiting for 45 mins until the room is "ready" (while waiting... they are NOT offering any complimentary drinks until we asked for it.....)
- After 45mins (i.e. 3.15pm - 1 hr 15 mins later than the official check in time), we were surprisingly leaded to a lower-floor villa (I have stated clearly on my email that requesting a upper-level one if available while obviously the hotel was not fully-booked during our stay). It is still acceptable as room request at hotel is never guaranteed.... HOWEVER, what scared me is that when we walked inside the room, there is still a cleaner there fixing the pool... how on earth can you lead your guest to an "un-ready" room while they have already waited for 45 minutes.......
- Before the stay, I have requested a birthday cake (for my partner's birthday) to be ready in the room while we check in and they have replied with confirmation. However, the cake is nowhere in the room when we were there (except a cleaning man at the pool...).
- Finally..... they have their manager spoke to me and after I have asked, the room at the upper floor is vacant so I suggested they offer me that room and have the cake ready before I moved upstairs... Yup... this is what I suggested.... what they were suggesting is bring me the cake to the room that I was staying (lower-floor one)..... Good thing is that they do accept suggestion and finally we moved to the much better room (the difference between upper and lower floor is that lower floor is almost 90% shaded....).

In general, I still enjoyed my stay a lot with their fantastic room, view and facilities (the infinity pool and private dinner). If we put aside the bad check-in experience, it is really a heaven-like place!!!

I wish them improve the service standard in the future and be a real heaven for travelers!

Room Tip: Make sure you requested the upper-floor if you are booking an Aqua Pool Suite (unless you are not a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience of the brief escapade from a bustling city to paradisiacal Phuket, the Angels are happy to read that you have found piece and distraction at the Heaven of all Heavens and would like to extend you and your partner our sincerest apologies for the below standards arrival experience. The unfortunate chain of events described is certainly not the way we would like to welcome guests at Paresa, glad that it did not completely spoiled your stay with us. All 49 accommodations enjoy dramatic views over the Andaman Sea and, as correctly highlighted, enjoy superlative privacy thanks to the luscious vegetation that surrounds them. Enjoying quality time by the Infinity Pool and indulging in a unique dining event at this exclusive venue are sure to make any stay, short or long as it may end up being, a truly memorable one. The precious suggestions shared above shall certainly contribute to prevent similar mishap to occur in the future and serve as inspiration to deliver even more personalized service to all guests choosing Paresa as their home away from home when visiting Phuket.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hawaii
Reviewed 4 December 2013

10 nights in a secluded Cliff Villa with its' own pool and endless view of the Andaman Sea. One of the best places we have stayed, and we have stayed in some VERY memorable places, but ... the VIEW, the FOOD, the STAFF, the SPA -- everything was five star amazing. I was a little concerned about mobility as I have had both hips replaced in recent years but, even though there were many steps straight up from our Villa for breakfast each morning (356 to be exact -- my husband counted one morning!) the climb was beautiful and serene and a great way to start the day -- with many places to stop and catch your breath along the way as needed. And, of course, the cart is always available to drive you as well if you don't want to walk.

We had several services at the spa and everything was wonderful. The resort has the BEST Thai food, hands down, of any place we ate in Thailand -- and that includes the famed Spice Market restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel in Bangkok where we also stayed. Trips to Kamala for beach time or dinner (recommend Dengs on the beach) were easy on the shuttle, although I was always happy to get back to the peace and beauty of Paresa.

Highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Cliff Villa is the only way to go.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Staggering review of your holiday in the peaceful atmosphere of Paresa, we trust this time has seen you truly relax and let your senses go while been pampered by the Angels. We are all pleased to read that the Cliff Pool Villa, seven stand-alone villas hovering right on top of the cliff, has satisfied your expectations and allowed you to wake up every morning to a glorious climb to arrive at our restaurant for a sumptuous breakfast. Our Spa and Culinary teams in particular greatly appreciates the compliments extended them in recognition of the services you have profited from during your stay. The peace and beauty of the Heaven of all Heavens undeniably awaits you in occasion of your next visit to Phuket Island.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was one of the best romantic hotels i have stayed in all over the world, the views are just breath taking, we stayed for 3 nights on our honeymoon and booked a villa on the cliff with pool and spa, very spacious and what a view on the ocean, the location is the best if you are looking for relaxation and the shuttle bus can take you to Kamala beach from early morning till 2 PM i think, it will take you around 25 minutes to Patong Beach where all the fun begins but the hotel taxis will take you there with a fixed rate for around 800 THB however if you get a local taxi it would charge you 300 THB, i prefer if on the first day go to Patong or Kamala beach and strike a deal with a local taxi for a full day charge including pickup and drop off to your hotel and sightseeing and stuff so you get the whole bargain.

Room Tip: the higher floor the better
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Taher M
Romance is infused in great quantities at Paresa. From the seclusion and comfort of our suites and villas to the diverse unique dining experience that can take place within the privacy of the accommodation booked, the magnificent Infinity Swimming Pool or again Diavolo or Talung Thai restaurants and its marvelous terrace. Couples eager to taste Phuket can avail of our complimentary shuttle service and begin the adventure from Kamala Town, the local village located at the foothill of Paresa where local restaurants, souvenir shops and Paresa’s Beach Club, located at the northern end of its long white sandy beach, awaits you. Transportation around the island takes the most varied shapes, renting a motorbike will let you feel the fresh breeze in your hair while renting a car will add to the overall comfort and provide shelter from the occasional tropical showers. Local taxi service and Paresa’s own limousine service operated by expert driver/guides ensure to satisfy all your sightseeing requirements. Why not experiencing a local Tuk Tuk on the way back from bustling Patong… Thank you for communicating us all the feeling of a few days in Heaven, we hope to count you among our loyal returning customers for many years to follow.
Netherlands
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed at the Paresa for 5 nights. Wonderful resort, lovely service called 'angels'. Had a wonderful cooking workshop in their 'state of the art' studio. Breakfast and overall food is very good (it is expensive but worth it). We stayed at cliff 303, all the way down the hill. We loved the exercise/stairways to the pool and the restaurant, but we can image that when you are having problems with your physical health it can be a problem, so ask for a room uphill. 303 though comes with wonderful views, plenty of sun and shade and a very nice infinity pool.

Room Tip: We stayed at cliff 303, all the way down the hill. We loved the exercise/stairways to the pool and t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Schreurs
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
It has been a great to have had you among our guests for a short week in Paradise. The Angels are in high spirits reading of your daily exercise to reach the resort’s wonderful Infinity Swimming Pool and refined restaurants whenever you managed to leave the private hideaway of your Cliff Pool Villa. You have taken pleasure in attending our Cooking Class at Recipe, Paresa’s purposely built facility to initiate everyone to the tasty, varied and delicious Thai cuisine. We are sure friends and families will be ecstatic upon receiving your invitation and display of the fine Thai cooking techniques learned while staying at the Heaven of all Heavens. Thank you for the recent stay and precious time to post your comments for other’s reading pleasure and inspiration; do let us know if your travels takes you back to the Pearl of the Andaman Sea anytime soon.
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Last week, I managed to get away from work to escape and hiding to "Paresa" which I always have got good comments and now it is my turn to.

The Paresa is on Kamala and away from the busy town however it is also can reach by minutes to entertainment. The hotel is right on the cliff with great panoramic view of the Andaman Sea.

We were welcome since the start at the entrance, the staff in white uniform took my car to be parked and another one escorted me to the lobby. I met the assistant Front Office Manager, Khun Kate who performed her duty with excellent service. She not only show me my villa but aslo drove me to the villa as well. She has such a superb service provider. She showed me with the way to hit the metal gong and open the wooden door to the one of the highlight "stunning view of Andaman Sea"

In villa, the room is so exquisite. The bedroom and the sitting area are separate while the sinks also separate for male and female with the decoration of amenity in a cute bag. The bathtub is right on the glass door and also stunning view of the Andaman too.

The staff are all welcome you with smile and greet us with Thai hospitality "Wai"

We really fall in love with this place and dont want to leave at even a single minute. It is true heaven and now I know how heaven is while I am still alive and around with angels.

If I have a chance to be back again "Paresa" will be my heaven away from heaven for sure!

Thank you for the management and staff who made my stay with lots of memories and I took so many pictures while staying there.

Again, the heaven is real - just "Visit The Heaven while you still alive"

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Paresa, Sanskrit for Heaven of all Heavens, evokes images of peaceful surroundings and idyllic views over the crystal calm waters of the Andaman Ocean. Right from the first images our eyes are exposed to, whether on the web, a page of a magazine or looking at a photo album of a lucky friend who have just returned from a holiday in Phuket, the beautiful natural scenario, paired with our modern reinterpretation of Southern Thailand architecture and design, will make your mind travel thousands of miles to imagine it all ahead of making your own reservation to experience it all in person. Khun Kade and the Angels are happy to read that those images are now forever impressed in your memories together with those associated to the warm and discreet service provided by the Angels during your recent stay. We all look forward to the occasion of welcoming you back to Heaven for another escapade from daily routine.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

From the time they picks us up from the airport till the time we checked into our suite, we noticed how thoughtful and friendly the staff were. The location is secluded and great for couples and family wishing for a getaway from the hussle and bustle of the city life. The infinity pool with an amazing view and the in room dining made it convenient to stay at the resort without venturing out to patong or phuket town.

The large balconies were great for sun tanning and the perfect setting for an early dinner with a sunset view. Breakfast was very nice and the spread was decent. The stay was indeed a relaxing one with plenty of time to just chill out and spend quality time with your significant other.

I would definitely come back for another visit because it truly was a great experience staying at the resort.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
In the traveler’s mind, a journey to Phuket begins long time ahead of the departure day… the same is true about the personalized touch of our Reservation Angels, who will assist during the booking process or the warm welcome ensured by our Airport Representative at Phuket International Airport to culminate of course with our Angel Drivers, responsible to deliver a smooth ride to Paresa in one of our luxurious SUVs or comfortable minivan. Selecting the Heaven of all Heavens as the resort to let everything go and take in the views, feeling pampered, and enjoy the gift of time with your loved one is the quintessential of traveling to Phuket. We hope to see you soon at Paresa should you happen to visit our stunning island in the near future.
Vienna Austria
Reviewed 18 November 2013

To celbrate my Japanese wife's 60th, the BIG one for them, I took her to Paresa for dinner, having made a booking.

For 4000+ baht, my meal was disappointing to say the least. Hers was just OK, but no big deal. So as not to spoil the night-out I made no complaints, which I normally would, for such a poor meal.

The glass of red wine was not a glass, but a just 'some' at the bottom of the glass, a little more that one would get from the first pouring of a bottle for tasting. (No dfoubt F and B Paresa must make sure they make their 500% on the wine, right)?

My clear soup was tasteless. The sea bass portion was a mere two mouthfuls of soggy, overcooked and tasteless off white 'stuff'.. For approx 900 baht for a small chunk of soggy tasteless goo,, I couild have bought a whole lobster in the market, put it under the grill at home, with a large dollop of butter, and would have been much happier.. Next time I will do just that.

The staff danced around the table almost non-stop, continuously enquiring if the dinner was OK. Despite that over attention, we had to ask for water to be refilled each time the glasses emptied!. Normally I would have told them to p... off. But again I didn't wish to spoil her evening.

This was over a year ago, but I just found this site. The date of travel is therefore only a filler. I hope the previous 'team' has moved on to other pastures.

Room Tip: Not applicable to this comment
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ThomasTCG
We appreciate the time taken for posting your impressions of a ceremonial dinner spent at Paresa’s acclaimed restaurants; although such event took place a long time ago we are sorry to read that you have left Heaven disappointed of the overall experience. Since opening its doors back in 2009 Paresa’s Diavolo and Talung Thai restaurants have delighted the palates of residents and passers-by to a unanimous ovation to our culinary team, who takes immense pride in serving exquisite Italian and Thai specialties, and Food and Beverage team, responsible for delivering a flawless service on either our splendid Talung Thai terrace of the warm interior ambiance of Diavolo restaurant. We regret not having had the opportunity to hear, discreetly and well afar from your wife’s ears, any feedback during your special dinner, surely our team would have capitalized on it aiming at offering you and your loved one all attentions required.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Andara Resort and Villas
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 327 in Patong

Been to Paresa Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!