“In a class of its own”

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
London, United Kingdom
“In a class of its own”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Now we know what people mean by ‘those ultra-luxury resorts on Phuket’ !
This was great ! Thanks Andaman adventures for making this within reach of our budget – great rates people ! We had an on-call private butler at Paresa who could make just about anything happen we asked him – and we wanted a lot !

My wife and I stayed in Paresa recently as part of a lengthy tour of the best regions in the resort. Despite getting good prices from our travel agent (who also did a good job of helping us choose where to stay, putting together all the transfers and activities) the tour cost a bomb, was worth every penny, it was the best holiday I’ve had since I went back-packing round the world 20 years ago (when I stayed in hotels that were to say the least rather simpler than the ones I booked for this trip – ah, the fruits of success, don’t you just love them ? The experience that we had at the Paresa was brilliant and I highly recommend anyone planning to visit Phuket that het consider the Paresa, if they can afford it.

The view from Parea is stupendous and our room exceeded our expectations. The private pool, flower petals in our bath, the free snacks and drinks, the lovely decor on the bed, the ready-for-action press-and-drink coffee machine was fab, all brill. Breakfast on the massive restaurant balcony overlooking the Andaman Sea was great, watching the waves crash into the cliff below us was simply spectacular. Had a huge breccy, not because I was trying to save money on lunch (past that now) but because it was all so yummy, Asian food, a Western egg thing (Florentine I think) then cakes, ham and fancy cheeses (these last are a particular luxury in Thailand. Huge breakfast. I could barely stagger as far as the pool loungers. Thankfully I had a good book, so could enjoy working up an appetite for a fusion Thai-Western lunch, more yummy stuff, perfect for a foodie like me.

We were lucky to get what appeared to be one of the best rooms in the resort (our agent requested it) because from it we got great views of the ocean. Actually it wasn’t really luck at all, we chose our agent based on a friend’s recommendation and they delivered the goods. The room had a private infinity pool and we spent ages just lazing on the daybed next to the pool, dipping and sipping fresh brewed coffee from our own coffee machine – yes, you can have a fresh coffee day or night, at the push of a button. The pool was totally private, perfect for romance, need I write more ?

One evening we booked a 3 course pool-side dinner under the stars. Tres romantic with lots of little lights lighting up the pool. No need for air-con while poolside dining, because the sea breeze is refreshing and cool, plus drives away the mozzies.

Room Tip: Book as part of a custom tour with Andaman Sky
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Great review of what seem like a heavenly stay indeed, 100% Paresa infused in the above. The Angels would like to show appreciation, in order of participation, to: the friends recommending the agency for this special journey, Andaman Sky for putting together a fabulous itinerary and choosing Paresa as part of the amazing properties visiting during the same and, last but not least, the guests for enjoying every single minute of their holidays profiting from a awe-inspiring villa within a marvelous resort, succulent food and beverage offering to satisfy every palate, modern and comfortable facilities, the courteous service extended by all Angels as well as the personalized touches of the Dream Maker dedicated to our Cielo Residences. We trust many within your families and friends are luring over the idea of imitating your mind-blowing Thailand vacation, we look forward to welcome them as well as you back for another incredible stay at Paresa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Paresa was my favorite spot in Phuket for long time with amazing view villa on a small private bay and great spa

We came back in Dec 2014 and arrived at night. At 7:30am we started to here some construction work and open the window to see that the ALL small private bay (that was mostly rain forest) has transformed into a hug construction nightmare of dozens of new villas. Construction is mostly in the first year and people work most of the days.

We tried to change room but EVERY room has view and noise on the construction work. They propose to discount us 60% for the prejudice but it's not a question of money. When you come so far you want a quiet place

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DKoshka
We always like to welcome back our guests, it is an invaluable sign that a stay at Paresa, with reminiscences of the attentive service received, the comfortable and private accommodations provided as well as the peaceful environment in which to lose all senses, remains impressed in memory for long time, often enough to bridge the gap until the next stay. It is a matter of fact that what once was an unspoiled virgin coast high up on the hill above Kamala Town is now renowned as the Millionaire Mile of Phuket, exclusive mansions and estates adorn the steep cliff side bays. Some of the recent developments are now in their final stages of construction and soon Mother Nature will be engulfing them in its warm embrace, completing the magic scenario over the Andaman Sea available from every spot within our resort. Peace and tranquility are among the qualities Paresa is renowned for and the recent testimonies of our guests do validate such statement to inspire many others to travel to Phuket and enjoy their own taste of Heaven.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The environment is really very beautiful, sitting in the restaurant for breakfast and enjoy the endless sea to live every day to make a good mood, but the room was so disappointed, I stay 305 rooms, a serious lack of maintenance room.
1) Electricity supply system can not be part of the room.
2) TV remote control can not operate the next day I had with the staff response, but the problem is still in the evening back to the room , and no one to help me solve the problem ! !
3) TV behind the electrical system is loose , is it no one to maintenance?!?!
4) Outdoor tent refrigerator side, when I use the time to fall down the middle of the stakes are so scared I really would blow down the entire.
5) Not fresh fruit , as well as a portion that is necrosis , which can give guests edible??
6) I'm in-room service , I have never thought would come back the next night to see me the night before the jobs in!!!No one can clean it!!!
The hotel apart from a sea view , but I think there is nothing I or introduce next friends to stay , so I was disappointed with this stay Paresa.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Water53
We appreciate you sharing your vision about your recent stay at Paresa. Our Cliff Pool Villas are thoroughly enjoyed by our guests and represent one of the most sought after category due to their unique location and absolute privacy. The Angels are saddened to read that a few technical inconveniences and flaws in the service you have experienced during your stay have not matched your expectations, we trust to encounter your favorable opinion should you wish to grant us a second chance in the near future to display you why our resort and its services are well loved by our multi-national loyal clientele.
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights at an Aqua Pool Suite. I have to say that the check in process with them is extremely unsatisfactory and full of anger, but it did turn out to be fine after all.

Pros:
- Privacy: the hotel provides different private pool villa which are spacious and offer a very good romantic getaway for couple
- Very Spacious Room with a King-sized bed and a huge day-bed, while bath room is large too with seperate bath-tub and 2 shower areas (a proper one and an outdoor shower next to the private pool), 2 sinks are available for him to shave and her to put on make up!
- The private pool is alright, DO NOT EXPECT a huge one though (for us is fine cause we do understand private pool villa always come with a tiny pool only and we are totally happy with it!)
- The VIEW!! The Sea View is fantastic, although it is not a full-open view (they've planted trees in front of the villa but this is how you have your privacy and provide good protection from the direct sunlight!). During night time, you can lied next to the pool and look at the stars up on the sky!! A highly recommendation!!!
- The infinity pool (for all residents of hotel): the best pool I have ever experienced, a medium-large size pool which you can do proper swimming with a fantastic open sea view of Andaman Sea!!!
- Infinity Pool Dinner! A must for couple, private dinner setting at the infinity pool which you can start by a champagne during the sunset and follow up with dinner (food quality? who cares under this kind of environment!)
- Breakfast of good Quality! it comes with buffet (fruit, cold-cuts, juice, cereal, bread, etc.) plus an a la carte main course.

Cons:
- The bed is too soft (maybe we used to sleep on harder ones....)
- NOT enough power socket.... we can only find one in the bathroom while all the others are occupied by either phone or lamp (OR Maybe we cannot find it.....). We end up unplug the phone and charge our stuff....
- Service.... not saying that they are bad but not up to 5-star standard. Also, the English of most of staff there are below standard.......

The Unsatisfactory Experience:
- During the day of my check-in, I arrive at 2.30pm (official check in time is 2pm), they were telling me that the room was not ready yet. (however, I have sent an email the day before and informing my arrival time will be around 2pm and they have replied with confirmation!). We ended up waiting for 45 mins until the room is "ready" (while waiting... they are NOT offering any complimentary drinks until we asked for it.....)
- After 45mins (i.e. 3.15pm - 1 hr 15 mins later than the official check in time), we were surprisingly leaded to a lower-floor villa (I have stated clearly on my email that requesting a upper-level one if available while obviously the hotel was not fully-booked during our stay). It is still acceptable as room request at hotel is never guaranteed.... HOWEVER, what scared me is that when we walked inside the room, there is still a cleaner there fixing the pool... how on earth can you lead your guest to an "un-ready" room while they have already waited for 45 minutes.......
- Before the stay, I have requested a birthday cake (for my partner's birthday) to be ready in the room while we check in and they have replied with confirmation. However, the cake is nowhere in the room when we were there (except a cleaning man at the pool...).
- Finally..... they have their manager spoke to me and after I have asked, the room at the upper floor is vacant so I suggested they offer me that room and have the cake ready before I moved upstairs... Yup... this is what I suggested.... what they were suggesting is bring me the cake to the room that I was staying (lower-floor one)..... Good thing is that they do accept suggestion and finally we moved to the much better room (the difference between upper and lower floor is that lower floor is almost 90% shaded....).

In general, I still enjoyed my stay a lot with their fantastic room, view and facilities (the infinity pool and private dinner). If we put aside the bad check-in experience, it is really a heaven-like place!!!

I wish them improve the service standard in the future and be a real heaven for travelers!

Room Tip: Make sure you requested the upper-floor if you are booking an Aqua Pool Suite (unless you are not a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience of the brief escapade from a bustling city to paradisiacal Phuket, the Angels are happy to read that you have found piece and distraction at the Heaven of all Heavens and would like to extend you and your partner our sincerest apologies for the below standards arrival experience. The unfortunate chain of events described is certainly not the way we would like to welcome guests at Paresa, glad that it did not completely spoiled your stay with us. All 49 accommodations enjoy dramatic views over the Andaman Sea and, as correctly highlighted, enjoy superlative privacy thanks to the luscious vegetation that surrounds them. Enjoying quality time by the Infinity Pool and indulging in a unique dining event at this exclusive venue are sure to make any stay, short or long as it may end up being, a truly memorable one. The precious suggestions shared above shall certainly contribute to prevent similar mishap to occur in the future and serve as inspiration to deliver even more personalized service to all guests choosing Paresa as their home away from home when visiting Phuket.
Hawaii
Reviewed 4 December 2013

10 nights in a secluded Cliff Villa with its' own pool and endless view of the Andaman Sea. One of the best places we have stayed, and we have stayed in some VERY memorable places, but ... the VIEW, the FOOD, the STAFF, the SPA -- everything was five star amazing. I was a little concerned about mobility as I have had both hips replaced in recent years but, even though there were many steps straight up from our Villa for breakfast each morning (356 to be exact -- my husband counted one morning!) the climb was beautiful and serene and a great way to start the day -- with many places to stop and catch your breath along the way as needed. And, of course, the cart is always available to drive you as well if you don't want to walk.

We had several services at the spa and everything was wonderful. The resort has the BEST Thai food, hands down, of any place we ate in Thailand -- and that includes the famed Spice Market restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel in Bangkok where we also stayed. Trips to Kamala for beach time or dinner (recommend Dengs on the beach) were easy on the shuttle, although I was always happy to get back to the peace and beauty of Paresa.

Highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Cliff Villa is the only way to go.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Staggering review of your holiday in the peaceful atmosphere of Paresa, we trust this time has seen you truly relax and let your senses go while been pampered by the Angels. We are all pleased to read that the Cliff Pool Villa, seven stand-alone villas hovering right on top of the cliff, has satisfied your expectations and allowed you to wake up every morning to a glorious climb to arrive at our restaurant for a sumptuous breakfast. Our Spa and Culinary teams in particular greatly appreciates the compliments extended them in recognition of the services you have profited from during your stay. The peace and beauty of the Heaven of all Heavens undeniably awaits you in occasion of your next visit to Phuket Island.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was one of the best romantic hotels i have stayed in all over the world, the views are just breath taking, we stayed for 3 nights on our honeymoon and booked a villa on the cliff with pool and spa, very spacious and what a view on the ocean, the location is the best if you are looking for relaxation and the shuttle bus can take you to Kamala beach from early morning till 2 PM i think, it will take you around 25 minutes to Patong Beach where all the fun begins but the hotel taxis will take you there with a fixed rate for around 800 THB however if you get a local taxi it would charge you 300 THB, i prefer if on the first day go to Patong or Kamala beach and strike a deal with a local taxi for a full day charge including pickup and drop off to your hotel and sightseeing and stuff so you get the whole bargain.

Room Tip: the higher floor the better
1 Thank Taher M
Romance is infused in great quantities at Paresa. From the seclusion and comfort of our suites and villas to the diverse unique dining experience that can take place within the privacy of the accommodation booked, the magnificent Infinity Swimming Pool or again Diavolo or Talung Thai restaurants and its marvelous terrace. Couples eager to taste Phuket can avail of our complimentary shuttle service and begin the adventure from Kamala Town, the local village located at the foothill of Paresa where local restaurants, souvenir shops and Paresa’s Beach Club, located at the northern end of its long white sandy beach, awaits you. Transportation around the island takes the most varied shapes, renting a motorbike will let you feel the fresh breeze in your hair while renting a car will add to the overall comfort and provide shelter from the occasional tropical showers. Local taxi service and Paresa’s own limousine service operated by expert driver/guides ensure to satisfy all your sightseeing requirements. Why not experiencing a local Tuk Tuk on the way back from bustling Patong… Thank you for communicating us all the feeling of a few days in Heaven, we hope to count you among our loyal returning customers for many years to follow.
Netherlands
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed at the Paresa for 5 nights. Wonderful resort, lovely service called 'angels'. Had a wonderful cooking workshop in their 'state of the art' studio. Breakfast and overall food is very good (it is expensive but worth it). We stayed at cliff 303, all the way down the hill. We loved the exercise/stairways to the pool and the restaurant, but we can image that when you are having problems with your physical health it can be a problem, so ask for a room uphill. 303 though comes with wonderful views, plenty of sun and shade and a very nice infinity pool.

Room Tip: We stayed at cliff 303, all the way down the hill. We loved the exercise/stairways to the pool and t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Schreurs
MirkoParesa, Front Office Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
It has been a great to have had you among our guests for a short week in Paradise. The Angels are in high spirits reading of your daily exercise to reach the resort’s wonderful Infinity Swimming Pool and refined restaurants whenever you managed to leave the private hideaway of your Cliff Pool Villa. You have taken pleasure in attending our Cooking Class at Recipe, Paresa’s purposely built facility to initiate everyone to the tasty, varied and delicious Thai cuisine. We are sure friends and families will be ecstatic upon receiving your invitation and display of the fine Thai cooking techniques learned while staying at the Heaven of all Heavens. Thank you for the recent stay and precious time to post your comments for other’s reading pleasure and inspiration; do let us know if your travels takes you back to the Pearl of the Andaman Sea anytime soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Andara Resort and Villas
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 95 in Thalang District

Been to Paresa Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!