“Best experience in Phuket!”

Paresa Resort Phuket
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at Paresa for 5 nights in early June for a babymoon. It is beautiful, quite private and the best hotel I have stayed at in Phuket in the 4 times I have been. "Welcome to Paresa!" is what we would say everytime we opened the doors from reception onto the Paresa rooftop lawn.

The rooms are amazing (thank you Kade for putting us in an AQUA which was closest to the hotel's pool, library, restaraunt, gym, spa!). Big beds, bathrooms, walk in robe, plunge pool, outdoor shower! You don't have to leave your room, but the hotels facilities are also very nice. We did mornings by the hotel pool and afternoons on our villa daybeds.

The quality of service at Paresa is among the best in Thailand. Staff are very professional and there is no rigidity when you ask for something out of the norm - I was able to use a staff PC to access MS excel in the library.

The only tip for travellers is don't put your passport in the hidden drawers under the desk. I did and did not realise I did not have them until we were half way to the airport. In a moment of considerable stress, Paresa had all available staff on deck, the wonderful hotel manager (4 days into the job) was keeping us calm while methodically directing staff who searched the room and turned their office upside down. They contacted the staff member who checked us in and amazingly she recalled I put our passports into the desk drawers, and sure enough, there they were!

I know I'm an idiot, but the staff at Paresa are quite the opposite! They were wonderful!

1  Thank thomasroughan
DawidParesa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Thomas

Thank you for your great review regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted that we provided the perfect spot to relax and charge batteries during your baby moon. Yes loosing passports are not for the fainthearted but we got through it and glad to hear you did not miss the flight. We would love to see photos once the little one is here.

gm@paresaresorts.com

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was our luxury hotel on Phuket, and it certainly lived up to its 5 star billing.

This was the last destination in our really enoyable trip round all the best hotels in the region with andaman adventures (great travel agency, totally recommend them if you are after staying at more than one destination and want to see a bit of the region).

The Paresa is the epitome of understated elegance, our villa was awesomely equipped and located, but in no way vulgar or showy, muted and understated would be the better words to describe it. Top marks for the staff for a memorable stay and to our agent for putting together such an enjoyable tour of the region. The pool, food, loungers, spaciousness, comfort and luxury were the highlights for me, and I enthusiastically recommend other travellers to go sample them too

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DawidParesa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Daniel

Thank you for a great short powerful review. We are hospitality professionals and reading a review like this makes us very proud of what we do. We would love to welcome you back in the near future so keep us updated of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My girlfriend and I spent 3 lovely days at Paresa and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Right from the beginning when you step out of the taxi , you are totally taken care of by the angels at Paresa. We stayed at the Talay room - Room 123 which had an amazing view! The breakfast is fresh and the food from the mini buffet was brilliant. You could also have a dish from the menu as well. We also had lunch and dinner at the hotel whilst enjoying a beautiful sunset. The food is really well cooked and the service is impeccable. We have to recommend the lemongrass tea that is made from ingrediants grown at the resort. You can a glass of the tea as a welcome drink but you definitely can have way more! Do check out the big infinity pool as the view from there is lush!

The hotel is definitly a little out there as you need a taxi or tuk tuk to take you to the kamala town. however there are shuttle buses every two hours to take you to and from the hotel.

Finally, we have to recommend Mirko and the whole team of angels who were so friendly and spent time really talking to everyone. They made the stay a great experience - we definitly have some amazing memories to treasure! Would highly recommend Paresa to any couples looking for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Patrick

Thank you for your great review and it's clear that you had a great time. Thank you for your kind words towards our staff and Mirko in particular, it made his day! We hope you will return to us in the near future and please dont hesitate to tell us if you need any tips on planning your next trip.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I will be having my wedding at Paresa in January. I figured I would go ahead and write about my experience with Paresa in case anyone else was considering this hotel as a venue. I was looking at quite a few hotels including Rayavadee, Pimalai, Andara, Trisara & a few others. All these were beautiful options but I chose Paresa because of the customer service I experienced during the selection process. Wedding planning is very stressful and working with Netr was an absolute delight. He made a special wedding package to fit our needs and also threw in a complimentary upgrade. We appreciate his help and look forward to celebrating a very special moment for us at Paresa. Can't wait to see the views from our Cliff Pool Villa room. Will definitely post pics and another review following our stay.

Dear Misspiggysmall

Thank you for your great review and we are delighted that we could reduce your stress levels in planning your special day. We are all looking forward to welcoming you and your guests to our beautiful home and please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of any assitence.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I just had a private celebration of our 10th anniversary, and Paresa was the perfect place to have it. Being Muslims, she was able to enjoy the privacy of the infinity pool which was well confined within lucious and beautifully placed landscapes within a cliff setting that must have been a nightmare for the resort's designers.

We very rarely return to the same location for our holidays simply because there is so much variety of first-class resorts in the region. We think Paresa will be one of the few that we will return to, insha Allah.

Finally, we would like to highly commend the staff, from GM Dawid, the Rooms Manager, the financial director, the angels, the drivers, resturant staff, everyone who made our stay a most enjoyable experience. Award-winning service!!

2  Thank Nazlan Bin B
DawidParesa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Nazlan

Thank you for your great review and we salute you for all the kind words towards our staff.
It is true that Paresa is situated high above the dramatic cliffs of “Millionaires Mile,
built into the cliff-side amidst lush tropical virgin forest and the resort took 3 years to complete.
We would love to welcome you back so feel free to book your next trip directly with me at gm@paresaresorts.com

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Firstly, I want to talk about their villas. The Dima room really is basically a luxurious unit all for yourself... massage tables, steam room, giant spa tub, 2 sets of outdoor couches, amazing cliff side sea view, and an infinity pool that literally surrounds your bedroom... It's a waste if you plan on doing day trips and tourist activities everyday, but if you plan to just relax in your villa, you can't get better than this! I had the option to just upgrade individual days so I get to enjoy the room on the days where I wasn't going on full day trips... while the remaining days I spent at Aqua villa, which wasn't bad (just doesn't have the super WOW factor that Dima have). The downside is there's still a mosquito problem (since you're basically surrounded by trees)... I tried to order a massage service in room, and the lady actually advised that since it was twilight time, there may be mosquito. Considering your toilet and shower is semi outdoor, this can create problem if you have a habit of going to the toilet middle of the night.

Room aside, I ended up going to their spa club for the massage, which frankly speaking, price was a bit on the steep side (considering you can get a full body Swedish massage in Po Tang for 400B, and the hotel charges you roughly 10x the amount)... But you do get what you pay for. The masseur were good, room also had an amazing sea view... Also the massage rooms have 2 beds in the room, so you can have a romantic time with the partner.

I ordered some room service and had their complimentary breakfasts. The options and range were rather limited, but all the Thai cuisine that I tried were pretty good. Breakfast buffet was under whelming, but the a-la-cart were good (need bigger portion!). The pizza and pasta... mediocre at best. Anyways I do much prefer going to the local joints for food. Wasn't very easy due to the location of Paresa though. I didn't get the chance to try their restaurants properly though. I did see that there's a really special dinner service, where the chef talks to you to understand your preference to best cater for your dietary, then have the food served IN the infinity pool (that's right, you're literally on the water), while facing the sea. Sounded awesome, shame I didn't try.

Now lastly, I want to share about the services provided by the Angels.
I've been to my fair share of hotels, from different countries, of different regions. Hotel services are seldom poor, but the services here takes it to a whole new level. You literally do feel like a king/queen here. People are always 110% polite, and makes you feel like they want to go out of their way to make your stay just a tad bit more enjoyable. Such as spending the time to ask you what you have planned, what do you want to do, what's the best way to make the most out of your days, etc... Anything you can think of, just ask. They will find you the answer. I'm especially impressed with their checkout-airport service. The day before my flight, they left me a letter to list their proposed itinerary, based on my flight schedule, they listed out when they will come pick up my luggage, when to check out, then when to start heading out. They even have a staff waiting at the airport, who will take your passports and luggage to the check out counter, and make sure you're good to go. I literally didn't need to touch my suitcase from the time its packed, till I reached my country of destination. The staff then explained what I can do in the airport, as well as offering his service that he will be on standby the whole day, so he can be reachable anytime.

There were 2 individual Angels that were more memorable. A nice lady named Oui (I think), and another gentleman who I wasn't able to catch the name of. These 2 made me feel like they genuinely care about my day to day, and that I'm having a good time. They were proactive in nature and can anticipate our needs before we asked. I really wish I could give them some tips personally to show my appreciation, but didn't catch them when I was checking out. (Which is rather surprising, since I think these 2 Angels worked like 24x7 in the first few days that I was there...)

Anyways, in summary, awesome villa, good food, inconvenient location if you want to see more of Phuket, but great location if you want to relax. Absolutely, unfaultable services from staff. I can't stress that enough. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a relaxing holiday who plan to chill out in the private villa and wanting to escape the busy area that is Po Tang. I will definitely want to stay at Paresa again.

Room Tip: May need more housekeeping at the outside of the room (pool/shower) Power supply was not in reach...
2  Thank Anthony C

Dear Anthony

Thank you for a very well written review, it is quite obvious that you had a great time with us and we salute you for all the nice comments. We would love to welcome you back in the near future so please let us know if we can help with future travel arrangements .

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We spent 6 days me and my husband .the hotel by itself is great the view is marvelous ,we stayed at the aqua pool suits,they were cleaning the room twice and they offer nice tea and coffee,breakfast is great .If you want to go for Patong rt Pheuket you have to depend on your self by paying 1500 bu TUkTUK and more by taxi.they are offering only to Kamala beach which is the last one at 5.15.and even if you want to go for their beach club you have to pay for the taxi.When I asked them why there is no shuttle to Patong even once /day they answered we need you to enjoy the peace but what ever I dont want !!!this is not their issue.the road to hotel is full of broken areas and its very hight.If you want want a honey moon vacation and not to leave the hotel.Go to paresa other than than that I dont recommend it as you can have the same level but in an closer area to restaurants

Room Tip: ask for a room as high as possible not infront of a big tree
1  Thank samarshahin

Dear Samarshahin

Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you liked our spectacular view.
built into the cliff-side amidst lush tropical virgin forest with breathtaking ocean views over the Andaman Sea from all our residences. Paresa’s elegant villas and chic interiors are on par with the best in the country and offer private infinity pools with simply the best sunset views on the Island. In a way it's quite nice to be 15 min away from mass touristy Patong and most of our guests really enjoy the tranquility and lush virgin forest surrounding the resort.

Dawid Koegelenberg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
COMO Point Yamu
COMO Point Yamu
#1 of 1 in Pa Khlok
Andara Resort and Villas
Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas

Been to Paresa Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!