“Mr Law”

Paresa Resort Phuket
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Everything was perfect until there s brown color water coming out from the jaccuzi and we were staying at the diva spa pool villa. We have paid more to upgrade from aqua pool suite to this villa. However, the staff did not inform us that the emergency pipe leak out until we call the front desk. This was a poor reply and attitude that we did not feel sorry about it. The water leaking out was disgusting and dirty. For couples who are going to stay. BE Careful!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mike L
DawidParesa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Mike

Thank you for your recent review and we are glad to hear that everything was perfect albeit the brown water. You may not know this but there are no government water pipes due to our hilltop location and water are trucked in on the hour. Sadly if a pipe bursts we are left with quite a big emergency but managed to fix it quite quickly. I agree that at this level it should not happen and we are really sorry that you experienced this. Please feel free to mail me directly if you would like to discuss the matter in more detail.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our 6th anniversary at this wonderful hotel. I must first commend the staff, they were wonderful right from the check in. And so attentive to details. As I was recovering from an accident and not so mobile, they placed us in a room close to the restaurant. We had a lot of room service, the food was good but second only to the street food in Bangkok. The views are magnificent and architecturally the resort couldn't have been any better.

One of the nights I had severe pain in my ribs, they sent me to the hospital and even called in advance to ensure I would get proper attention there. Thanks.

Look forward to making another trip back here soon. Thank you to the team at Paresa

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joshmayer

Dear Josh
Thank you for your great review and we are sorry to hear that you were not well.
It's clear that it did not stop you from enjoying your time with us and thank you for saying you will return, simply the biggest compliment to any hotelier .

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My other half and I had 6 nights of absolute bliss staying at Paresa in June. The entire experience was amazing. The villa we stayed in was gorgeously appointed... with day beds outside overlooking the Andaman sea and our very own infinity plunge pool (which we took advantage of every day)

Breakfast was such a treat... each day we tried something new from the a la carte choices, and I loved that there was a smoothie of the day, as well as many options with pastries, cold meats and so much fresh fruit. Absolutely delicious. The view from the restaurant was spectacular. We enjoyed happy hour every evening before enjoying the delectable thai dishes they had on offer.

During an evening meal we commented on one of the entrees we loved and the executive sous chef (from memory I think his name is Pairoj) came out and was so appreciative of our feedback. We told him we were doing the cooking class later in the week and he arranged to have that particular entree on our menu in addition to the other items we were to cook. The cooking class experience was fantastic and it's certainly helped us improve our thai cooking skills. You not only receive the recipes for the meals, you also receive a Paresa apron. (very nice touch!)

We also made use of the gym numerous times during our stay and they have some great equipment which was excellent. Helped make up for the overindulgence when it came to the phenomenal thai cuisine and delicious cocktails on offer.

Overall the entire experience at Paresa was everything we could want in a holiday and so much more. The food, the people, the atmosphere, the villa and the hotel facilities were all fantastic. I'd most certainly recommend Paresa to anyone wanting to 'get away from it all' and enjoy some quality time with their loved one. All the angels do their best to ensure you have a wonderful stay, and we were certainly impressed with every one of them.

3  Thank Leanne F

Dear Leanne

Thank you for your great review and it's clear that you loved the breakfast and our stunning views. Chef Roj is a treasure and we are thrilled that your cookiung class was exciting and everything you wanted it to be. Happy cooking and the trick is to try and re-create those dishes back home!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at Paresa for 5 nights in early June for a babymoon. It is beautiful, quite private and the best hotel I have stayed at in Phuket in the 4 times I have been. "Welcome to Paresa!" is what we would say everytime we opened the doors from reception onto the Paresa rooftop lawn.

The rooms are amazing (thank you Kade for putting us in an AQUA which was closest to the hotel's pool, library, restaraunt, gym, spa!). Big beds, bathrooms, walk in robe, plunge pool, outdoor shower! You don't have to leave your room, but the hotels facilities are also very nice. We did mornings by the hotel pool and afternoons on our villa daybeds.

The quality of service at Paresa is among the best in Thailand. Staff are very professional and there is no rigidity when you ask for something out of the norm - I was able to use a staff PC to access MS excel in the library.

The only tip for travellers is don't put your passport in the hidden drawers under the desk. I did and did not realise I did not have them until we were half way to the airport. In a moment of considerable stress, Paresa had all available staff on deck, the wonderful hotel manager (4 days into the job) was keeping us calm while methodically directing staff who searched the room and turned their office upside down. They contacted the staff member who checked us in and amazingly she recalled I put our passports into the desk drawers, and sure enough, there they were!

I know I'm an idiot, but the staff at Paresa are quite the opposite! They were wonderful!

1  Thank thomasroughan

Dear Thomas

Thank you for your great review regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted that we provided the perfect spot to relax and charge batteries during your baby moon. Yes loosing passports are not for the fainthearted but we got through it and glad to hear you did not miss the flight. We would love to see photos once the little one is here.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was our luxury hotel on Phuket, and it certainly lived up to its 5 star billing.

This was the last destination in our really enoyable trip round all the best hotels in the region with andaman adventures (great travel agency, totally recommend them if you are after staying at more than one destination and want to see a bit of the region).

The Paresa is the epitome of understated elegance, our villa was awesomely equipped and located, but in no way vulgar or showy, muted and understated would be the better words to describe it. Top marks for the staff for a memorable stay and to our agent for putting together such an enjoyable tour of the region. The pool, food, loungers, spaciousness, comfort and luxury were the highlights for me, and I enthusiastically recommend other travellers to go sample them too

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DawidParesa, General Manager at Paresa Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Daniel

Thank you for a great short powerful review. We are hospitality professionals and reading a review like this makes us very proud of what we do. We would love to welcome you back in the near future so keep us updated of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My girlfriend and I spent 3 lovely days at Paresa and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Right from the beginning when you step out of the taxi , you are totally taken care of by the angels at Paresa. We stayed at the Talay room - Room 123 which had an amazing view! The breakfast is fresh and the food from the mini buffet was brilliant. You could also have a dish from the menu as well. We also had lunch and dinner at the hotel whilst enjoying a beautiful sunset. The food is really well cooked and the service is impeccable. We have to recommend the lemongrass tea that is made from ingrediants grown at the resort. You can a glass of the tea as a welcome drink but you definitely can have way more! Do check out the big infinity pool as the view from there is lush!

The hotel is definitly a little out there as you need a taxi or tuk tuk to take you to the kamala town. however there are shuttle buses every two hours to take you to and from the hotel.

Finally, we have to recommend Mirko and the whole team of angels who were so friendly and spent time really talking to everyone. They made the stay a great experience - we definitly have some amazing memories to treasure! Would highly recommend Paresa to any couples looking for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Patrick

Thank you for your great review and it's clear that you had a great time. Thank you for your kind words towards our staff and Mirko in particular, it made his day! We hope you will return to us in the near future and please dont hesitate to tell us if you need any tips on planning your next trip.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I will be having my wedding at Paresa in January. I figured I would go ahead and write about my experience with Paresa in case anyone else was considering this hotel as a venue. I was looking at quite a few hotels including Rayavadee, Pimalai, Andara, Trisara & a few others. All these were beautiful options but I chose Paresa because of the customer service I experienced during the selection process. Wedding planning is very stressful and working with Netr was an absolute delight. He made a special wedding package to fit our needs and also threw in a complimentary upgrade. We appreciate his help and look forward to celebrating a very special moment for us at Paresa. Can't wait to see the views from our Cliff Pool Villa room. Will definitely post pics and another review following our stay.

Dear Misspiggysmall

Thank you for your great review and we are delighted that we could reduce your stress levels in planning your special day. We are all looking forward to welcoming you and your guests to our beautiful home and please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of any assitence.

Dawid Koegelenberg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa
The Naka Phuket
The Naka Phuket
#16 of 35 in Kamala
Andara Resort and Villas

Been to Paresa Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!