The Andara definitely makes a fantastic impression as you enter the lobby. The vaulted ceiling along with the large statues at the far end combined with all the warm woods is the first indication that you are stepping into a luxury property.
We stayed in the 3 bedroom pool terrace for a long weekend at the end of our diving trip with our three children, ages 17, 14 and 12. The accomodation was huge and stunningly presented with a massive indoor lounge area leading on to the outdoor entertainment area complete with numerous divan chairs and lovely pool. The 3 bedroom terrace actually is a four bedroom and they initially set us up with the front two large bedrooms and a smaller back room with a queen or double bed but quickly opened up (and closed off the smaller room) a larger fourth bedroom which contained two single beds when I requested another bed be put in. The kitchen itself is huge and coffee/tea is provided but we had to ask for extra milk for the coffee. This is the type of property where you shouldn't have to think about the set up as it all should be thought of for you (in my dreams!).
The master bedroom ensuite with dressing room looks out to the pool and is gigantic - the bathroom is fantastic with its indoor as well as outdoor netted shower - it felt quite decadent with its two person tub! The other bedroom fronting onto the terrace was also very spacious, not anywhere as large as the master but still generous if you hadn't yet seen the master. The back twin-bedded bedroom (looking out to the private entrance) was large and comfortable as well. All beds were extremely comfortable and luxurious and provided for a wonderful night's sleep. Given the number of villas and the size of the villas, I am sure it is hard to maintain the opulent feel but since I expected perfection based on the overall appearance of the hotel, I noticed that the outdoor shower which was supposed to be completely netted was torn in many places and the closet doors didn't close properly - somewhat small nit picks on the overall grandeur!
We had a lunch, dinner and a few breakfasts in the restaurant and didn't have a problem with securing a table at any time. At dinner, the Thai choices were very good but the Western dishes were just average. Breakfast was quite good (nothing extravagant) but solid choices with the buffet filled promptly and you can linger.
Personal service is excellent - Daniel, the manager, and Pascal, the assistant manager, made a point of introducing themselves and chatting whenever we came across them. There is a strong sense of hospitality throughout.
Overall, an excellent choice if you want to immerse yourself in luxury!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Andara is an ultra-deluxe villa and residences resort at Kamala Beach (Phuket) set on a hill rising gentle from the Andaman Sea offering stunning ocean views. Minutes away are Phuket’s best restaurants, boutiques, world-class golf resorts and other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Preferred Hotels, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Andara Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andara Resort And Villas Hotel Kamala
- Andara Resort And Villas Kamala, Phuket