Like the previous poster says.....Phuket really is horrible! We were in Phuket just for the weekend and saw 2 separate road rage scenes while out and about. The first was en-route from the airport to the resort:(
I found this resort all rather strange if I'm honest, never been anywhere quite like it. The resort staff were all pretty miserable particularly in the restaurant, but the food was good which kinda made up for it. The entertainment staff (all scandinavians) were OK. I didn't find the staff in the kids club particularly warm or welcoming either apart from Rose the Filipino lady. They only seemed to want to mix with other scandinavians and if the child was not blonde haired and blue eyed they didn't seem to matter much.
The water in our room cut out while I was showering my 5 year old, she was covered in soap and shampoo. We called reception who sent someone to confirm (like I was making it up?) that there was no water but then we heard nothing. I had to take my daughter down to the public shower area and rinse her off. We called to ask when it would be fixed but were told there was a problem with the pump and we should use the public shower area. When it did come back on a hour later it was really brown. Reception was on the case and managed to follow up the NEXT DAY to ask if we now had water!
One day walking back to our room my daughter slipped and cut her leg on the stairs. The floor was wet outside a room on the floor below us. They had left some pool toys outside their room and the water had run down towards the stair well. I went to reception to tell them my daughter had fallen and said that someone needed to dry the floor as it was quite dangerous. I know it was not their fault the floor was wet but nobody even asked if my daughter was ok or apologised. She was left with a very bruised knee and a cut to her shin.
The pools are nice and sunbeds are too, although it was extremely busy while we were there and pretty difficult to find 3 loungers together.
The beach was not nice but if sun loungers 10 deep and spread as far as the eye can see is what you like then this may be the place for you.
All in all it was an OK place and fairly good value but doubt we would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fully contained family resort with its own restaurants, entertainment programs and a host of activities for all ages. The resort includes all the fun, adventure, and luxury that families want most, elevating the family vacation to world-class standards on the unspoiled Kamala beach of Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunwing Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunwing Resort - Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Sunwing Kamala Beach Phuket