Our family of five (3 boys, 4, 6 and 8) stayed at The Sunwing Resort for two weeks in November and absolutely loved it!! The pools and waterslides kept our three boys very entertained and the beachfront location was perfect......we love Kamala Beach...much quieter and cleaner than Patong. We ate most of our meals (other than breakfast) at the cafes along Kamala Beach (with the waves lapping on our feet)... all at a cost of around $50AU for the five of us!! (None of us got sick!!) Kamala Beach is an easy Tuk Tuk ride to Patong ($10 each way) and the kids loved the entertaining ride...watching the crazy scooter riders!!! The weather was perfect in November and when the afternoon storms rolled in (for about an hr) the whole family would go and have an hr long massage on the beach under cover for $10 each! We could not understand why this hotel isn't recommended as one of the top family resorts for those with young children...this will be a regular holiday destination for us! We stayed in one of the family rooms where the kids beds were in the main living area and we had a separate bedroom. It was very spacious and had a great view over the pools towards the beach. The decor is very simple and modern so if you are after a "Thai" experience this is not the resort for you! The Thai people are very friendly (they loved our three boys who are very blonde!) and we did not once feel like we, or our possessions, were at risk. I would thoroughly recommend this resort to anyone looking for an affordable family holiday where you can do as little or as much as you like......much better than Fiji, where we have been twice! Shop around as many agents have 1/2 price accommodation deals with breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fully contained family resort with its own restaurants, entertainment programs and a host of activities for all ages. The resort includes all the fun, adventure, and luxury that families want most, elevating the family vacation to world-class standards on the unspoiled Kamala beach of Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sunwing Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunwing Resort - Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Sunwing Kamala Beach Phuket