Chose to stay a couple of nights at the Sunwing to test it out.
Overall our experience was positive especially after being bumped up to the baby suites.
We chose this hotel due to the waterslides and proximity to the beach. It certainly met that criteria. The only issue I had is the pools were like spas so not refreshing at all. This might be due to it being April and the weather hot, but I haven't experienced it like that before in Thailand. That is the reason why i knocked it down a star and I wouldn't stay here in April again due to the pools.
Breakfast was large and ample and there were plenty of variety for adults and kids alike.
Perhaps one gripe is the drinks at the Sunwing are considerably more expensive than the sister hotel next door. I guess the hotel thinks it must have a captive market with parents of young children.
Overall a positive stay, Kamala is lovely but quite quiet. Which is great if you like that, but not for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fully contained family resort with its own restaurants, entertainment programs and a host of activities for all ages. The resort includes all the fun, adventure, and luxury that families want most, elevating the family vacation to world-class standards on the unspoiled Kamala beach of Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunwing Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunwing Resort - Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Sunwing Kamala Beach Phuket