Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids stayed here for the second week of our 2 and a bit week long Thailand holiday. We chose this resort as it looked like a good place to slow things down a bit and unwind after a full on week in Chiang Mai. And it ended up being a good choice. The kids immediately fell in love with the place, with its 7 pools and 2 watersides.
After reading some of the previous reviews I wasn't sure what to expect. However we were pleasantly surprised. The pools were clean and spacious, with enough area and sun chairs to accommodate everyone. The service was very friendly and helpful also. This is a big resort but the staff still manage to say hello and have a joke with the kids every now and then. We also booked several tours at the tour desk and found the staff really helpful.
But the thing that really surprised me after reading previous reviews was the restaurant. The food was really really good. Only on the pricy side if you ordered western food, and the kids ate for free from the kids buffet which was a real treat. A buffet specifically designed for kids. I have never seen my kids get stuck into dinner the way they did here.
If I have a criticism, it is the place feels a little sterile. It could do with a bit of character. Maybe having little Thai statues in the gardens and pool area. Some Thai decorations in the bedrooms, restaurant and foyer area. I realise this is a bit cliche and is done to death in most other resorts around Phuket, but at least it would remind you that you were in Thailand.
I am guessing this resort is heavily advertised in Europe as there were a lot of Europeans staying when we were there. Mainly Germans I guess by the racket they made at 5:00am when they won the world cup. The breakfast bar was almost empty later that morning.
We really enjoyed our stay at Sunwing Kamala and would recommend it to any young family wanting to stay in Phuket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fully contained family resort with its own restaurants, entertainment programs and a host of activities for all ages. The resort includes all the fun, adventure, and luxury that families want most, elevating the family vacation to world-class standards on the unspoiled Kamala beach of Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TravelUp, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sunwing Kamala Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunwing Resort - Kamala Beach Hotel Kamala
- Sunwing Kamala Beach Phuket