There seems to be some PR clean up work going on to emphasize that this is not, in fact, a beach resort. Even though the sign says it is, the staff all emphasized that the nearest beach is off limits (as it is property of the neighboring resort) and that the shuttles could take us to beaches nearby.
In all, the shuttles were actually quite convenient. We rented a motorbike while in town for the duration of our stay and never had to think again about the shuttles (until it was time to return the motorbike).
The studio room we stayed in was modern, clean, and well kept. The bed was comfortable and soft, with cushy pillows. What's better is that the central AC unit functioned perfectly!
The swimming pool is not very big at all and has a lot of traffic around the middle of the day. We enjoyed swimming in the late afternoon when the rowdy kids had been carted off by their parents, leaving the pool deserted.
If you don't speak Russian or Thai, you're basically limited to 3-4 channels on the TV. We are news junkies anyway, so flipping between the three news stations was enough for us, while every now and again we'd switch on the music TV station. Pretty good selection of music, we think.
The room was equipped with a stereo sound system, but we had to bring our own RJ25 cord to connect our iPhone via the headset jack. There was an iPhone connector available, but it was for an older model and not compatible with ours. Fortunately, we travel prepared for such circumstances (having been world travelers now for quite some time).
The fitness center is a great amenity. It's usually pretty empty. It's also equipped with a surround sound system that the staff are happy to help you connect to so you can rock out to some of your own music while you work out. We thoroughly enjoyed it.
If you are somewhat self sufficient in figuring out your transportation, this is a great place to stay. It's relatively quite, except for the VERY LOUD motorbikes and tuk tuks that go by on the major street nearby. The good news is that the doors to our (spacious) balcony blocked out the sound quite effectively.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand new Nakalay Palms is nestled in a secluded, private cove on Nakalay beach on the Western coast of Phuket Island. With just 31 exclusive units combining contemporary design and western technology, Absolute at Nakalay Palms offers affordable luxury and convenience and provides the perfect place to relax with beautiful natural surroundings, breathtaking land and seascapes and dramatic sunsets. The resort features an exciting blend of studios, one, two and three-bedroom apartments as well as spectacular penthouses. Each spacious apartment benefits from it's own private terrace, each commanding either a stunning panoramic sea or mountain view. The apartment suites have been designed to integrate the outdoors with the indoor living areas and incorporate all elements of modern technology from full-size refrigerators to home entertainment systems. LCD TVs are in each apartment along with a DVD player and a magnificent choice of TV channels with programs for everyone. The penthouses also benefit from a private rooftop terrace and jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Absolute Nakalay Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Absolute Nakalay Beach Hotel Kathu
- Absolute Nakalay Boutique Resort Kamala, Phuket