“Friendly Owner that feels like home & Perfect Thai Food”
Review of White Orchid

White Orchid
Ranked #25 of 121 Restaurants in Kamala
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly Owner that feels like home & Perfect Thai Food”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I went to White Orchid on Dec 15, 2013 with my friend. When the hotel driver dropped us infront of White Orchid Restaurant, to my surprise I got greeted by the owner. She has the warmest smile and friendliest auntie I ever met :) She is Auntie Angela.
The foods at White Orchid simply the best. I love the Thai salad with beef, it was so delicious until I really wanted more though it's spicy. And the spring rolls it's so so good! With the perfect night view on the beach. I enjoyed very much throughout the night at White Orchid.
Me and my friend decided to have our lunch on the next day before our departure. We told Auntie Angela about our plan tomorrow. And what we wanna try. So we had the Red curry with tiger prawns and pepper stingray. It was fantastic! and my fav dish Thai salad :) Auntie Angela make me feels like I am home and unforgettable moment.

Thank you Auntie Angela for your warm hospitality and the earrings! I definitely will visit White Orhid again!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Easy to navigate, Delicious authentic Thai food and definitely worth a visit!”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

It so happened that I'm staying at Cape Sienna and trying to look out for good nearby restaurant and then I found White Orchid(5mins walk from our hotel and it situated right beside Grand Hyatt Hotel) in tripadvisor. Location was definitely easy to navigate.
Angela is such a lovely, bubbly, down to earth lady and she never fails to put on a smile on her face. She made me felt so welcome like a family. With wood table and wooden bench/chair placed along the road on the beach, you would love how the winds blows through your hair, the bright warm sun bathes your skin, waves sing to a perfect rhythm and sea breeze against your face.
I went to White Orchid for dinner and i'm so in love with their family recipe's food that I came back for lunch on next following day before I depart back to my homeland. There is few dish that you MUST MUST order, Spring rolls,Thai Chicken/Beef Salad, Red curry Tiger Prawn, Mango Sticky Rice, pepper string ray(upon request), steam whole fish. I wish I could try the rest of the food in the menu.*I will return Angela & Sophia. Btw, did I mention Sophia is the lady chef of White Orchid!
TQ Sophia for the delicious food and TQ Angela for the hospitality!

Singapore, Singapore
“True Thai hospitality & Authentic Food”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Definitely a must visit for your stay in Phuket. The menu is very easy to navigate and Auntie is a wonderful host, able to help recommend a dish that is well suited for your flavor. It's a great place, away from the hustle and bustle of tourists.... the type of spot you want to keep as your secret hide away.

Food was amazing, staff was lovely. Auntie is amazing. Great history and really helps you connect to a home away from home!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The art of hospitality”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Auntie Angela.

When you have a wonderful little location its helpful. When you have amazing food and drink its divine. When you have Auntie Angela you have an experience.

From the rustic tables right on the very edge of the beach you watch the youngest generations of Auntie's family play blissfully in the sand. Creating imaginary worlds with sand, as only children can. In the evening the smart lighting and creative wiring give the seating a painfully romantic illuminescence.

I wont waist keystrokes on the sublimity of her cooking. I will humbly remind you that there can be no wrong with these homegrown heartfelt offerings, and that you MUST try the tiger prawn in red curry. If in doubt ask one of the celebrity f&b professionals that make pilgrimages annually and are most likely sitting there now.

I will however, divulge that the coups de grâce was the hostess herself. The conductor of every great program is always the linchpin in its success. Auntie Angela is a gift to the traveler, foodie, or collector of life experiences. She is the kind of woman of whom you instantly become family. We returned to procure more spring rolls (as takeaway) and yet she insisted on walking us over (hand in hand) to meet a table of young diners. Everyone is family at White Orchid.

Lots of changes on the street mean Auntie Angela and the White Orchid see yet another chapter unfold as they sit quietly churring out memorable moments for traveler after traveller. The world needs more Auntie Angela in it. Perhaps if your lucky you can see this one and experience her award winning smile.

thanks Auntie. << Hi Auntie!! - Sarah >>

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food and location”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Great lunch with ocean views. While Angela is still rebuilding, she has a few tables across the road on the beach. It was a very relaxing lunch and she was really pleasant and nice. We had the eggrolls and prawns, which were wonderful.

• Visited November 2013