“Flatters to deceive”

Thai Sugar Hut
Ranked #96 of 137 Restaurants in Kamala
Cuisines: European, Steakhouse, Thai
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just been to Sugar Hut and thought it looked great . Well should of known better after waiting 10 minutes just to be asked what we wanted to drink. After ordering we waited nearly an hour for the food my husbands meal came out on its own which was lukewarm. Then a further 5 minutes went by and my meal arrived . I had ordered the Dory and prawns with sautéed potatoes and vegetables . Well the sautéed potatoes and vegetables were cold so I sent it back . The second time it arrived the plate was warm three sautéed potatoes that were also warm and vegetables that were still cold with Dory that was rubbery as if overlooked. It was awful and after being in Thailand for three weeks the worst meal I have had.Despite complaining we told that it was Dory Thai style and that they were sorry but continued to charge full price for a meal that I could not eat. In fact the Japanese family sat next to asked were also shocked that we all had to wait so long for food

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Great place away from the noise of the main road, only pedestrian access.
Good selection of dishes and I loved the filet of Bass, two large pieces wonderful sauce, nice pasta too. No wine list though, just went through the stock and picked what I fancy. My partner had the Thai Duck curry, too much for one person so had to help her with that too.
Definitely a favourite to come back to.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Just. Visited the new sugar hut restaurant with family for Mother's Day , Firstlyi would like to say how friendly and welcoming the staff are, secondly the decor is very nice, it the food was amazing, I personally had sea bass on a bed of new potatoes and the rest of my family had a roast dinner,the fish was cooked to perfection and do no know what they did to the potatoes but they were very tasty,the beef. Roast was excellent it was served with a combination of mixed veg roast potatoes roasted parsnips and Yorkers the beef was so tender that is almost melted In your mouth.

Then came the desserts I had cheese cake. Which I have never tasted the like of before each mouth full was like heaven is was so light and believe me I have had a lot of cheese cake in my life,my daughter has brownie which was so light and theta at of chocolate was not over bearing .Every thing came up early well presented to,and the price was very reasonable.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Thai Sugar Hut is situated in Foxtail Plaza at the end. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the food was great. It is also great value . 2 cokes, entree and main and rice for B370. It has an outside and inside area which is very pleasant.

Reviewed 28 May 2010

WOW !! What an amazing restaurant. ! The location is lovely - just off the main Kamala Beach Road tucked behind the shops and restaurants. The food was quite simply delicious and the service was excellent. The setting is very elegant and although it was busy the staff were quick and the food was probably the best food we had in Phuket. Hence we returned several times whilst we on holiday. Highly recommended !