“Excellent food, good prices and great service.”

Salt & Pepper Restaurant Steakhouse Pizzeria
Ranked #78 of 121 Restaurants in Kamala
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Salt & Pepper Steakhouse and Pizzeria Kamala, Phuket, with superb beach front location.We serve delicious food, from international and Swedish specialitys, pizza, local Thai dishes to Australian imported steak's. Starters, dessert's, cocktail's and more.
Darwin, Australia
“Excellent food, good prices and great service.”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We spent 9 nights in Kamala Beach recently and dined at Salt & Pepper 3 times during that period. We found the food excellent. One night my husband had steak and I had pork both with pepper sauce, which was excellent. Twice my husband had pasta carbonara, obviously he thoroughly enjoyed it or would not have had it twice. We found the service excellent. I find it amazing that people go to countries like Thailand and right on the beach and complain about plastic tables, from my memory the tablecloths were not plastic. The only negative we felt was that they do not take credit cards, but that is not unusual in these places and I think that my change in the near future. When we went it was alway packed and with a lot of local expats.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Travelwise49

• Finnish first
Denver
“Thai chefs cooking Scandinavian food.....”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I had the pork fillet with bearnaise sauce and french fries.

I can definitely say that the sauce was by far the worst I have ever had. It did not even resemble the real thing and completely tasteless. I know it is not easy to make the sauce but to fail so completely in a restaurant is just not professional. The pork fillet had been hammered out to 3 mm thin pieces and I can bet it was not more than 100 gram of it instead of the advertised 200 gram.

I can have the same dish and much much better in a lunch restaurant in Sweden for less than 360 baht.

The staff had kind of an absent attitude and service was slow.

I just had to have a look inside the kitchen to see who was cooking that food and sure enough there were only two Thai people in there and no Scandinavians in sight, There was not even one single Scandinavian staff representative in the restaurant.

My advise is that if you have to go to a foreign restaurant in Thailand. Check out the kitchen first to see if it is Thai staff who is cooking. If so, you'd better go to a Thai restaurant instead. After this visit I went to a street stand to have noodle soup since I was still hungry. I live in Thailand and I hardly go to other than Thai restaurants but I thought I would have a go on this one and was I disappointed or what. This was the biggest waste of my money in Thailand so far.

• Visited February 2012
Bangkok
“Looked ok and the Pizza looked good. But otherwise plasic tables, etc”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We went in and the pizzas, judging by other people's tables looked ok. We left because the menu was rather limited and my wife wanted seafood (they don't have - despite this is a beach location). It was busy though - full of Scandis/russians it seemed and aside from all the cheesy plastic patio tables and plastic tablecloths, there were some tables out on the sand on the beach. We went across the street to a seafood restaurant - which was a rip off. I want to post about that place (name of the beach) seafood, but it appears the rules here only allow you to review places approved by this web-board. Strange, no? Is that new? Judging by what you've read here, Kamala has only 12 restaurants..

Visited January 2012
Trondheim
“Nice !”
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Best pizza in Kamala ?- and nice an friendly waiters taking care of you

• Visited January 2011