“A home from home”

Ranked #45 of 121 Restaurants in Kamala
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Swedish, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Red Café - Bar & Lounge with Håkan Hallin, known as "Färjan-Håkan" on Swedish television reality shows. Here you can eat Swedish Hot dog in bread, and drink excellent cocktails. A relaxed atmosphere will make your stay perfect. Just relax and take a drink. opens from 3pm to late. Nice seating outside and inside.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A home from home”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

What can i say great place . Staff . Food. A costa away from home and better. Had a great chat with the owner. Think a few more coffees and few more days. We could of sorted the worlds troubles out

• Visited March 2014

• Thai first
Kamala, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great coffee in Kamala”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Dare I say better than Starbucks? This "Latte snob" wasn't disappointed with the product or the friendly (at times sassy funny) service

Kamala, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice experience”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

A very nice café with, by far I have to say, the best coffe in Kamala. Their Skagen is too die for and DON´T miss their crumble pies.
Very nice staff, and a big thanks to the very nice owner Pierre.
I will be back!!!
/Frederic

• Visited January 2014
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Excellent coffee”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

After searching on Trip Advisor for a decent café to go have coffee, I came across Red café and the reviews did not let us down.
My partner and I were regular visitors of Red Café upon our 2 week stay in Kamala.
Coffee was great, and better than some I've had back home In Australia!!
Breakfast was very nice and also well priced. most morning we had the Big breakfast or the Ham, cheese and salad croissant!
Apple was the lady serving us every morning, she was so friendly and very attentive
highly recommend and will defiantly go back again.

• Visited October 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Dissappointing”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We came to Red Café for lunch & it was extremely disappointing, I just don't get where the high rating comes from.

Three of the meals we ordered came reasonably quickly & were fine. My husband & son's meal took so long we almost gave up on them. Eventually the last two meals arrived & my son's meal was fries with hot dog & the fries were burned to a crisp, they were inedible.

This place is pretty cheap but the service here was poor & not what I'd expect from a place rated so highly on tripadvisor.

• Visited January 2014
Pierre_Hammar, Ägare at Red Cafe, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Hello. I am sorry that you got this service and that the fries was too crispy.
On monday 13:th january we are going to have a dedicated chef for that kind of food. We are also going to extend the menu one or two step further. I wish you come back another time, the lead time will for sure be quicker then.

Pierre Hammar