“Incredible Value!”

Price range: US$5 - US$36
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Restaurant situated 100 meters away from the beach in a pleasant setting we propose you a cooking thai and European you can take advantage of the swimming pool and a massage parlor is at your disposal
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Staying at Swissotel, Kamala Bay and on the advice of a New Zealander, went to this restaurant, just near the entrance to the resort. It is run by a lovely French lady and her husband and the food is superb. It ranges from Thai, through European and there shouldn't be a problem finding something for anyone. The food is fresh and the tempura vegetables are excellent. The place was busy but service very good and for a starter each, main course, beer and spirits drinks before and water with the meal - £16 (1,000 Thai Baht).. All in all, we will go back there again - and again!

1  Thank Tony W
There are newer reviews for Baan Mai

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family and I ate here before reading other reviews on here - had I read them first I might have thought twice about it but I'm really glad I didn't!

We really enjoyed the food and the staff were really lovely. The French lady who runs the restaurant was very friendly and chatty and gave the place a really personal feel.

All of the people who visited whilst we were there, including us, were guests at the nearby Swissotel and having spoken to all of them at different times, we all had a very positive experience. I would certainly recommend trying it first and forming your own opinion after!

I will certainly go back there with the family when we stay at the Swissotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

It's hard to describe this restaurant as there's so many excellent places to eat in Kamala and Surin, plus Sissotel of course. What stands out is the hospitality, service and proximity to the hotel. Practising my limited French and Thai was an added bonus. A really nice place to chill out.
Thank you the owners and a special thank you to the Thai 'waitress', she managed to work with our difficulties in a very kind and understanding manner.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Staying at the Swissotel and having arrived at night, we decided to dine at Baan Mai with children. Prices a bit high compared to other similar restaurants in Kamala beach but it was our first time in Kamala.The restaurant is situated off a side road with no real view of anything. But the restaurant is warm and pleasant. We ordered a spaghetti carbonara and a cheese burger for the kids and it seams it was ok, but the curry (yellow and red) it wasn't so nice. We don't want to eat european foods in thailand that's why we expected more. The staff could do better.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The restaurant is situated off a side road with no real view of anything. But the setting is OK. The food is OK. It lacks atmosphere and there is nothing to differentiate it from other around - I was not sure if it was trying to be Thai or Thai food European style!

1  Thank confused_11

Been to Baan Mai? Share your experiences!