“Last night out in Kamala”
Review of Manubai Restaurant Lounge-bar - CLOSED

Manubai Restaurant Lounge-bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014

After trying out quite a few little restaurants and bars in Kamala our last night was by far the best choice we made. We were actually about to go over the road when i noticed this place and i am so glad I did. The atmosphere was really lovely and the staff very welcoming. My husband, who judges a restaurant on its Larb Gai was not disappointed and my Green Chicken Curry was amazing. Overall it was a great evening and I recommend it highly! For those interested, the toilets are very, very clean which is always a plus!
Will definately be dining there again if we get the opportunity. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I hardly review restaurants unless they are bad and I needed to make my point.

Manubai however surpassed our expectations and we actually enjoyed the food, friendliness of the lady boss and the ambience. We were actually heading towards the restaurant opposite where we had food the night before. However, we thought to try something different on our last night.

We could have spent an additional night's dinner at Manubai as this was how much we enjoyed it!

Thanks for having us and my cranky child. He loved the lollipops you gave him and had them on our flight home!

Will visit again when we are in Phuket.

P.S: Not sure what the hype of not accepting credit cards was about. Most travelers I know will not bring their cards knowing that most restaurants accept cash. Remember Cash is King regardless of where you travel. Thai Baht is not that small in value that requires you to carry wads of it around!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

First impression was encouraging - nice ambiance and a good looking menu.What followed was disappointing. My grilled fish was dull and tasteless - and surely they could have produced a Bearnaise sauce for us ? The vegetables were over cooked,soggy and luke warm to cold - what a disaster.

And to top it all they only take cash - no cards. I understand that there are issues with charges from credit card companies - but surely by refusing to accept them the establishment must be immediately reducing your potential market by 25% - 30%. I can't see as it makes sense.

Will we be back ? - no I'm afraid not.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We chose to eat here at Manubai after seeing it was the No.1 rated place in Kamala, Like so many others.
And we not disappointed. First impressions as we walked in was, wow, what a lovey room. Well set tables with "clean" glasses, table runner and cutlery and napkins.
The room had a wonderful Thai feel about it and smelt of ? Sandalwood or another candle. Overall the physicality of the restaurant was appealing.
Excellent air flow and smiling staff. Then we looked at the menu. Such a large variety of choices. 3 of us took time to select a meal but No.4 was a tad slow as he just could not choose between so many dishes, Thai and Western. After a sneak look at desserts - yummo, we ordered. The drinks menu was varied to accommodate all tastes.
Our lass had a little trouble with English but with another staff member to help it was not a problem. We started with Garlic bread and Prawns that had been noodle wrapped and deep fried. Main courses were Steamed Red Snapper, Carbonara, Spaghetti Bolognaise and Chicken and Cashew with steamed Rice.
The service very friendly and quick. Generous portions and very reasonable prices, given the quality of the food. We missed dessert for another night during our stay. This restaurant is a must visit while in Kamala!!!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went to Manubai tonight and were the only guests due to low season and political situation in Thailand.

Food was great; Green prawn curry was outstanding and so were the spicy beef salad and Tom Yum Goong. Service very friendly and quick. Generous portions and very reasonable prices, given the quality of the food.

Must visit while in Kamala!!!